EUROVISION! The aftermath!

2 minutes ago, sotos8 said:

NME ,Rolling Stone and Spin didn't even mention the bad vocals ....

Most of the press articles I've read focus on the political statement and the fact she broke the rules rather than vocals.

The vocal criticism comes from the audience voicing it on social media.

1 minute ago, Confessit said:

Massively disagree about Warhol he was far more than just a can of soup he was a genius and produced some of the best post-modern imagery and film of the 60s and has had a massive influence on many artists since.

He is an absolute icon of the modern art world and not to mention Madonna herself is a huge fan and much of her work has been influenced by him not least the SEX book. 

He also used M as a muse and she was flattered by it. 

THIS is good singing by Madonna. 

Can't people differentiate things anymore? 

6 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Massively disagree about Warhol he was far more than just a can of soup he was a genius and produced some of the best post-modern imagery and film of the 60s and has had a massive influence on many artists since.

He is an absolute icon of the modern art world and not to mention Madonna herself is a huge fan and much of her work has been influenced by him not least the SEX book. 

He also used M as a muse and she was flattered by it. 

I was being ironic, I agree, Warhol is amazing! Big fan! I was saying, so be super critical of Madonna's voice misses the point of what she does. Like calling Warhol's soup can boring, the people who said that didn't get it.

1 minute ago, Crystal Coffin said:

THIS is good singing by Madonna. 

Can't people differentiate things anymore? 

Was you meant to quote me mate ?

1 minute ago, Nikki said:

I always find it interesting how when other singers fuck up, people have a little laugh but often give excuses or reasons why things may have fucked up.. but with madonna people get very vicious.. it reminds me of how Hillary is treated

Madonna is treated in the worst way, M has never had anyone who has supported her in her career. Hillary is the wife of the twice president of U.S.A.. A very different story. 

Just now, MichaelDieker said:

I was being ironic, I agree, Warhol is amazing! Big fan! I was saying, so be super critical of Madonna's voice misses the point of what she does. Like calling Warhol's soup can boring, the people who said that didn't get it.

Ohh I missed the irony sorry mate massive Warhol fan here as well ! 

Okay I see your point now.....somewhat. 

Her set was very conceptual and in the context of one of her shows the apoloyptic theme and interlude gas masks and such can be understood.... but for the viewers of the Eurovision who are used to celebratory/emotional performances not polictical statements or hard edged performances yes I agree with your analysis.

15 minutes ago, AlanLongoria said:

Lol the way the Youtube commenters are going in on her video you would think she strangled a cat and took a shit on the stage.  Social media gives a an anonymous power to say the vilest shit you can without any consequence. 

Do we know where she is atm? 

I watched the Honest Vocal Coach and her opinion as she is usually good but that video she posted was distorted to fuck. It sounded like a low res Limewire mp3! Man I know Madonna was pitchy but that sounded like she was underwater as well.

She urgently needs a new team behind her. They need to say: No Madonna you cannot walk down stairs and sing on your own on a song which usually has two female back singers. No JPG you cannot let her wear a clunky, unflattering mess of a dress, it's not suitable for this performance. No to Megan with that shit show of choreography. No to that shit interlude which made no sense and that embarrassing blowing fire. No to Quavo who has the personality of a dead fly. Yes to the political message. Yes to the hair. Yes to the makeup. Yes to the attitude. Yes to the flags. Yes to Like A Prayer but NO to the arrangement. 

I really liked the performance but I would have preferred that she has mimed instead. It's not like we got much close-ups of her anyway. What's a missed opportunity the whole thing was. But she does not deserve the hatred in the media. I bet her team showed her the YouTube version. 

3 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Yes and I agree with what you said about Warhol and all

oh absolutely although I'm trying to understand everyone's perspectives here.

1 minute ago, ursula said:

Whaaaaaat?

What what?

1 minute ago, JWAD said:

I watched the Honest Vocal Coach and her opinion as she is good but that video she posted was distorted to fuck.bit sounded like a low res Limewire mp3! Man I know Madonna was pitchy but that sounded like she was underwater as well.

She urgently needs a new team behind her. They need to say: No Madonna you cannot walk down stairs and sing on your own on a song which usually has two female back singers. No JPG you cannot let her wear a clunky, unflattering mess of a dress, it's not suitable for this performance. No to Megan with that shit show of choreography. No to that shit interlude which made no sense and that embarrassing blowing fire. No to Quavo who has the personality of a dead fly. Yes to the political message. Yes to the hair. Yes to the makeup. Yes to the attitude. Yes to the flags. Yes to Like A Prayer but NO to the arrangement. 

I really liked the performance but I would have preferred that she has mimed instead. It's not like we got much close-ups of her anyway. What's a missed opportunity the whole thing was. But she does not deserve the hatred in the media. I bet her team showed her the YouTube version. 

Preach. We need a revolution of teams!

btw.. some positivity.. before the performance.. my cousin and I had a talk and she went on about how beautiful madonna still looks, she was even surprised with me being worried about her vocals pre hand.. she was asking about her concerts.. and she's one of those super rational women with a family.. Pre this performance, I would often assume people don't like madonna or don't think she's talented.. but boy, how wrong I was. perhaps some think that now, but compared to how it used to be, I feel a little silly now for previously often being so worried about other peoples opinions about her. 

Let's hope this whole thing isn't talked about soon. of course we can't be naive, this will be mentioned and joked about for the coming weeks and when there's Eurovision talk or next year (I wouldn't be surprised if some dutch people wanna be nasty next year), but that's to be expected. I just hope this stays in Europe 

4 minutes ago, JWAD said:

No Madonna you cannot walk down stairs and sing on your own on a song which usually has two female back singers. No JPG you cannot let her wear a clunky, unflattering mess of a dress, it's not suitable for this performance. No to Megan with that shit show of choreography. No to that shit interlude which made no sense and that embarrassing blowing fire. No to Quavo who has the personality of a dead fly. Yes to the political message. Yes to the hair. Yes to the makeup. Yes to the attitude. Yes to the flags. Yes to Like A Prayer but NO to the arrangement.  

For me this is factual as hell. 

6 minutes ago, JWAD said:

I watched the Honest Vocal Coach and her opinion as she is usually good but that video she posted was distorted to fuck. It sounded like a low res Limewire mp3! Man I know Madonna was pitchy but that sounded like she was underwater as well.

fully agree

2 minutes ago, ursula said:

Madonna has never been supported? Really? FANS saying this???

People with power in showbiz, daddy with money, husbands who happens to manage a music company... 😉

1 minute ago, systemvalues said:

People with power in showbiz, daddy with money, husbands who happens to manage a music company... 😉

Warner, her team, guy, the fashion industry... Sure, the woman started from scratch, but she has been blessed by a lot of support throughout her life.

1 minute ago, ursula said:

Warner, her team, guy, the fashion industry...

ursula, are you a fan? yes, you say so..well then you know her history..born in bay city, michigan in etc etc 🙂

1 minute ago, vertigokane said:

The extreme negative reaction seems to stem from something far deeper than some off pitch vocals — I’ve never seen a pop performance generate such swift and polarizing emotion. Madonna struck a nerve here, and I think it the crummy vocals are just what the (public) detractors are grasping onto as the reason for their disdain—I think folks are reviling it because she turned the “formulaic pop performance” that folks were expecting on it’s head—there was a subversive darkness to it that caught me off guard, and I imagine even more so if you were expecting a joyful, frothy performance. To me it came across as more of a modern art performance centered around creating a mood and aura rather than centered around the music.  LAP was used as a tool for the whole. This was pure Madonna vision on display. Watching it live, it took my breath away, and I found it to actually be genius, and I still do. She clearly didn’t want to do a SuperBowl style performance—she knows how better than anyone, this was her vision, and the fact that it’s so polarizing publicly actually shows she did something that was pushing the envelope in a new way (because who in their right mind gets that upset over some pitchy vocals...?) It’s almost as if the general public refuses to let her be subversive like this because she’s a “pop star”

👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾 M is BIG. It‘s the world of pop (and people‘s minds) that got smaller.

3 minutes ago, systemvalues said:

ursula, are you a fan? yes, you say so..well then you know her history..born in bay city, michigan in etc etc 🙂

You are referring to her start, I'm referring to her lifespan. And that recurrent need to put my fan-itude in question really speaks more about your own doubts (projection).

She needs to get her ass on a show pronto and sing live with the voice we love. No gimmicks, no theatrics, a great song, a great performance. Give a big fuck you to those who say she can't sing. Then she needs to sack her team, get new management and stop having all these Yes people working for her. She needs a CAREER REVOLUTION. 

Klein, Oseary, Kevin, Megan, JPG, Rissman, Nuno, Jamie and that fucking Danny Tull. FIRED!

6 minutes ago, vertigokane said:

The extreme negative reaction seems to stem from something far deeper than some off pitch vocals — I’ve never seen a pop performance generate such swift and polarizing emotion. Madonna struck a nerve here, and I think it the crummy vocals are just what the (public) detractors are grasping onto as the reason for their disdain—I think folks are reviling it because she turned the “formulaic pop performance” that folks were expecting on it’s head—there was a subversive darkness to it that caught me off guard, and I imagine even more so if you were expecting a joyful, frothy performance. To me it came across as more of a modern art performance centered around creating a mood and aura rather than centered around the music.  LAP was used as a tool for the whole. This was pure Madonna vision on display. Watching it live, it took my breath away, and I found it to actually be genius, and I still do. She clearly didn’t want to do a SuperBowl style performance—she knows how better than anyone, this was her vision, and the fact that it’s so polarizing publicly actually shows she did something that was pushing the envelope in a new way (because who in their right mind gets that upset over some pitchy vocals...?) It’s almost as if the general public refuses to let her be subversive like this because she’s a “pop star”

yes, irrelevant shes certainly not

Just now, JWAD said:

She needs to get her ass on a show pronto and sing live with the voice we love. No gimmicks, no theatrics, a great song, a great performance. Give a big fuck you to those who say she can't sing. Then she needs to sack her team, get new management and stop having all these Yes people working for her. She needs a CAREER REVOLUTION. 

Klein, Oseary, Kevin, Megan, JPG, Rissman, Nuno, Jamie and that fucking Danny Tull. FIRED!

I remember she did Live8 just weeks after Elton Johns outburst at the Q awards that went viral saying she mimes. Live8 was the massive fuck you following it, not that she needed any answer to it BTW but just saying....

4 minutes ago, vertigokane said:

I think that's part of it as well.. I felt so proud looking at that opening, that intro.. knowing so many people would see the ART.. even though more festive and upbeat dance songs like hung up and music would've worked better.. im actually glad she sorta failed with this creative performance than if she had failed with a typical pop routine that looked corny or the same as many performances... - I also don't get the people who say they hate everything about the performance.. like, seriously? hating that she may not have been able to move properly and the vocals.. ok.. but how can you deny the visual quality and the story? would be nice if she actually got more praise for that..

12 minutes ago, vertigokane said:

It's not that complicated, sweet Jesus (I am a Muslim and I believe in Jesus too as a prophet).

IF: 

1) "Like a Prayer" had an actual MUSIC accompanying it instead of some disgusting tinny random sounds and backing vocals 

2) Madonna at least sounded PASSABLE during most of LAP instead of giving us dying strangled cat experiences 

She would not have received 3/4 of the harsh comments and reviews she is getting now. 

Stop using her age, her gender, her attitude or her difficult-to-get-artistry as excuses. It's not helping.