EUROVISION! The aftermath!

tells you something that only Mirwais seems to care about the hate she's getting. you can tell he feels for her. Guy Oseary? oh, just taking videos of Tel Aviv. same with most of the others.

1 minute ago, alquemist said:

Jesus, the so-called difference between these two "versions" is not something any sane person should consider worthy of getting their knickers in a twist (Is that even an idiom, I am not a native speaker lol) Still, thank you for the post - next.

Just saw it and those are my thoughts exactly! It not even that serious. The most obvious bit was the opening mess up cause it was in the very beginning and still, she carried through fine. 

Could the Eurovision upload have any impact on sales for Like a Prayer and Future? Or do live performances not count?

Would be nice if Guy O would say something in her defense, or any of the pop princesses, or any of her friends 😕 But she has been dragged so many times for so many years, maybe they all just know she'll be fine like she always is. Lots of positive press for her statement at least. I'm majorly proud of her for the performance. I agree with Mirwais, I HATE showbiz (aka the media). 

26 minutes ago, Kim said:

And to be honest YOU not having anything else to say in any other topic is starting to look a bit suspect...

giphy (25).gif

pika, pika

EV is a fresh trauma I need to deal with. I couldn't talk in any other topic at this point. I loved RH very much, but as far as MX goes, I simply don't like the three songs already released. All I can do is hope that the rest will be more appealing to me.

31 minutes ago, boy skeffington said:

My gosh every single photo from this performance is stunning. It was epic. 

I agree! I love them!! Breathtaking!

1 minute ago, tasteinmen said:

Could the Eurovision upload have any impact on sales for Like a Prayer and Future? Or do live performances not count?

That's an interesting question.

The live performance of Medellin at the BBA counted towards the song on charts/streaming purposes....

But the Eurovision is 2 songs together so would she get a credit for both LAP and Future???

2 minutes ago, alquemist said:

Jesus, the so-called difference between these two "versions" is not something any sane person should consider worthy of getting their knickers in a twist (Is that even an idiom, I am not a native speaker lol) Still, thank you for the post - next.

1 minute ago, Mensch said:

Just saw it and those are my thoughts exactly! It not even that serious. The most obvious bit was the opening mess up cause it was in the very beginning and still, she carried through fine. 

^^ And if she has 10 people surrounding her saying the same exact thing, we can expect another 10 dreadful televised vocals from her. Bravo! 

4 hours ago, smirnoff_ice said:

What was supposed to be an enjoyable event, ruined my weekend really. I'm mentally exhausted and cannot get over it. (Because i care for her before you jump on my throat!)

Sorry I have to laugh

tenor.gif?itemid=4689593

I understand that fans revisit the performance and think it’s not so bad. It never is so bad when you prepared for the ‘worst’. But that’s not what this is about. It’s not about watching this over and over again. It’s the impression it had on 200 million viewers who have seen this live, experiencing this as an international event  in the very moment and who didn’t know what the f had happened to her voice. It’s about that very moment, it’s gone now and no review can ever make it ‘good’. 

2 minutes ago, Lolo said:

I understand that fans revisit the performance and think it’s not so bad. It never is so bad when you prepared for the ‘worst’. But that’s not what this is about. It’s not about watching this over and over again. It’s the impression it had on 200 million viewers who have seen this live, experiencing this as an international event  in the very moment and who didn’t know what the f had happened to her voice. It’s about that very moment, it’s gone now and no review can ever make it ‘good’. 

I agree 100%, yes.

4 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

^^ And if she has 10 people surrounding her saying the same exact thing, we can expect another 10 dreadful televised vocals from her. Bravo! 

From strangled cat to 10 yr old choir boy....

Uh I can't tell the difference uh.

4 minutes ago, Lolo said:

We tried to explain this.

2 minutes ago, Lolo said:

Agree.

Same with the Brits fall (just comparing the principal not the performances) we are prepared for the fall so watching it again on repeat it pales into insignificance. At the time the fall feels like forever, watching it back it was a tiny part of a great performance.

2 hours ago, Shane said:

Second, I hate fake news so would like to confirm: was Madonna actually flat and they tampered with and replaced her vocals for the upload, or was it a bad mix and they simply adjusted that for the upload? I would genuinely like to know what was done.

During the performance of "Like a Prayer", Madonna's was so off pitch throughout the song that the live autotune effect didn't do her any good. If anything, it made her sound even worse. 

After having listened to it a few times, I've come to the conclusion the vocals heard in the uploaded video are mostly from an entirely different recording.

The word i am looking for is GRATEFUL.  She could be in Lisbon walking the dog or drinking KrugRose but she gave us this performance. 
The only thing that would ve been even better if she uploaded each song with their own video, giving Future a live video .

14 minutes ago, Mensch said:

It might not be that serious, but it is enough for people to bash her for trying to ”fake it”. That is why I think that it was a wrong move to upload a version with her vocals being edited... it shows insecurity 😞

I also dislike the double standard: the Brit Awards performance could have been edited too (by cutting out the fall), but they did not since it would generate praises. Now, on the other hand, it has been edited because it was damaging her image as a singer.

You have to admit that this was not a smart move from her / her team.

Anyway, I guess ”no era without some controversy”. So here it is! 🙂 

5 hours ago, alquemist said:

madonna.jpg

For all German M fans: Finally, some (rare) voices of sanity among this artificially created digital lynch-mob mentality:

--> https://www.stern.de/neon/feierabend/musik-literatur/madonna-beim-esc--die-ueberdrehte-lust-an-der-medialen-hinrichtung-8717946.html

--> https://www.ruhrbarone.de/esc-madonna-hat-keine-toene-vergeigt/167544

--> https://www.welt.de/kultur/plus193768181/ESC-in-Tel-Aviv-Warum-Madonna-der-einzige-Lichtblick-war.html

If any German fellow member happens to be able to access the last article in full, I would be really grateful for a post/DM. 🙂

I do not have the time to translate these articles, but deepl.com is your friend. 😀

one more..... 

24AD55DB-5CBD-461C-8C6D-069302546DCA.jpeg7FBCC0EC-B2BB-4D92-B6BB-62FB200AA11F.jpeg

Thanks! 

8 minutes ago, Msig said:

During the performance of "Like a Prayer", Madonna's was so off pitch throughout the song that the live autotune effect didn't do her any good. If anything, it made her sound even worse. 

After having listened to it a few times, I've come to the conclusion the vocals heard in the uploaded video are mostly from an entirely different recording.

I don t think there was any autotune during LAP...

Nothing else needs to be said and no one else needs to defend or bring further attention to this. Let’s move on. It’s done ✅....let appreciate and watch the euro vevo upload on loop.  Support and promote the queen. 

I love it even with the messy notes, all two of them. She doesn't create to please her fans or the masses, she creates out of a need to create and because she has important things to say. She made a great and thought provoking statement with the performance. Picasso's paintings look like a kindergartner did them. Keith Harings too. Andy Warhol's paintings were boring, a can of fucking soup? Thats how people sound that are critiquing Madonna's voice. 

4 minutes ago, MichaelDieker said:

She doesn't create to please her fans or the masses, she creates out of a need to create and because she has important things to say.  

Oh yes, sure. That is why she decided to actually perform at a show which has NEVER catered for the masses, you know, this one obscure regional singing contest called "Eurovision" or something. 

Lol the way the Youtube commenters are going in on her video you would think she strangled a cat and took a shit on the stage.  Social media gives a an anonymous power to say the vilest shit you can without any consequence. 

Do we know where she is atm? 

6 minutes ago, MichaelDieker said:

Andy Warhol's paintings were boring, a can of fucking soup? Thats how people sound that are critiquing Madonna's voice. 

Massively disagree about Warhol he was far more than just a can of soup he was a genius and produced some of the best post-modern imagery and film of the 60s and has had a massive influence on many artists since.

He is an absolute icon of the modern art world and not to mention Madonna herself is a huge fan and much of her work has been influenced by him not least the SEX book. 

He also used M as a muse and she was flattered by it. 

1 minute ago, AlanLongoria said:

Lol the way the Youtube commenters are going in on her video you would think she strangled a cat and took a shit on the stage.  Social media gives a an anonymous power to say the vilest shit you can without any consequence. 

Do we know where she is atm? 

I always find it interesting how when other singers fuck up, people have a little laugh but often give excuses or reasons why things may have fucked up.. but with madonna people get very vicious.. it reminds me of how Hillary is treated

Just now, Miphiwart said:

Seems like the esc did her good in german radio. Today i heard medellin and now future! Im happy 🙂

yeah, they said future is her new single here and another station played material girl.. normally I hear many madonna classics but it had been a while until today

1 minute ago, Nikki said:

I always find it interesting how when other singers fuck up, people have a little laugh but often give excuses or reasons why things may have fucked up.. but with madonna people get very vicious.. it reminds me of how Hillary is treated

Yeah they are very harsh against women going against the grain, unless you are Cher, who only gets the usual plastic surgery dig here and there.