EUROVISION! The aftermath!

5 minutes ago, FeTuoni said:

Swae Lee is talented and he was super respectful to Madonna. Quavo not only had no idea who Madonna is and couldn’t even name a song but also threw shade saying his MOM used to listen to her.... 

Still I love both Quavo songs she has done

1 minute ago, M_Sinner said:

European iTunes chart

Future #10!!! This is not that bad

Worldwide

It could be her highest charting single of the era

The irony

1 minute ago, Kurt420 said:

See, I don't consider that shade. I consider that as being he TRULY didn't know wtf to say cuz he doesn't know any Madonna songs. Now, There's a lot of judgement to made inside that fact itself but I truly don't think he intentionally meant to be shady to M. He's no Maluma though and it's crazy to think that someone would allow someone on their album without knowing anything about their work prior....but clearly, that's what Quavo did. Seems like he relied on the "Madonna" name alone without actually checking out her work. Kind of sad actually.

My problem with Quavo is the interview and the performance. Like you said, it’s questionable that he knew no Madonna songs. I can’t imagine showing up to a job interview without knowing nothing about the company. During the performance, he just didn’t seem to care and was there for the paycheck. 

7 minutes ago, Phineaspoe said:

If you can’t sing and go down a flight of stairs, don’t go down the stairs while you sing. 

If you can’t move around because you are wearing a Dark Knight suit, don’t wear the Dark Knight suit. 

If you can’t find a way to gracefully use the futuristic vocoder effect live, don’t use it.

if you can’t sing live at this sort of event, mime it and nail the choreo. 

If you can’t concentrate on singing and choreo because of the 300 things that you have going on around you, then pair it down.

If your vocals for LAP are a strain on your voice because you are not quite there yet, then make sure the mixing is appropriate and choose a more bombastic arrangement.

Excellent interlude, interesting Mad Max/climate change costumes, nice message of unity. But no excuses. We are talking about one of the greatest artists of the 20th century. 

I do say all this in the spirit of love and generosity. She is forging a new path, and we are all so inspired by it. Time to Focus, cut the crap, and do better. 

Agree 100% with this. Madonna the perfectionist has to look a bit closely. That's why maybe this is a WAKE UP too.

Imagine the Medellin BMA perfomance at Eurovision and right after as second song Music with an uplifting perfomance. That would have worked well.

3 minutes ago, QueenM58 said:

My problem with Quavo is the interview and the performance. Like you said, it’s questionable that he knew no Madonna songs. I can’t imagine showing up to a job interview without knowing nothing about the company. During the performance, he just didn’t seem to care and was there for the paycheck. 

Actually, I totally agree with this. It's evident he was there just because of the paycheck. Shame he didn't see the bigger picture. He could've really escalated his own reputation if he'd done it right.

I kinda wonder what the point of this performance was? I assume by re-using the choreography/staging/arrangement for Like a Prayer, she wasn't that inspired for that part of the performance. It felt more like a bargaining tool for her to get the slot. Which is fair enough

As for Dark Ballet/Future - the former isn't available to listen to and the latter doesn't seem to be getting an official single release/music video. So neither are technically promoting anything other than the album, which isn't out for weeks anyway.

The pressure on her to make a political statement (or boycott) only came after the news that she was in talks to perform at the Eurovision. So the initial reason to perform couldn't have been to protest, surely? I guess what I'm saying is - if the purpose of this performance is totally political/protest then why did she agree to it in the first place? And if it's for promo then why did she pick 2 album tracks?

In my dream world, she would've done a part 2 of the Superbowl and perform a medley of the hits she didn't do in 2012 (NO LIKE A PRAYER) ending with a Madame X track with a simultaneous single and video release (and political statement). She missed an opportunity imo

To clarify, I'm not being negative. I loved the performance (after LAP) I just don't really get why she did it

One good thing to come out of all this backlash is the possibility that she may retire Like a Prayer for a while. Thank G*D!

7 minutes ago, M_Sinner said:

European iTunes chart

Future #10!!! This is not that bad

Worldwide

Great news for Future but is the news as good for Madame X as this era we don't care about single success (apparently).

3 minutes ago, alquemist said:

Another GREAT German article condemning the shitstorm. "What is it that YOU have accomplished, haters?", is what they are asking:

--> http://www.taz.de/Glosse-Madonna-beim-ESC-in-Tel-Aviv/!5593693/

Madonna_reuters_20052019.jpeg

My gosh every single photo from this performance is stunning. It was epic. 

5 minutes ago, boy skeffington said:

Indeed. It does look epic in pic form!

8 minutes ago, boy skeffington said:

In pic form it looks like a series of paintings in a museum. Beautiful. I don't think the look was as successful in film form. 

good to see Germany is turning a little around..

in Belgium, I put on the radio in my car, and within an hour heard three Madonna mentions on two different channels. not that they drag her, but just randomly mention her along with other concerts, or mentioning in a sarcastic way how good she sounds on her youtube upload.. just the general "she can't sing, just on the record", but I don't feel it's said in a hateful tone. (compared to the dutch people who feel so good about themselves)

19 minutes ago, boy skeffington said:

Not true. Same vocals but elevated and turned up. 

12 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

Exactly. I can’t with the experts! 

I can't tell if you two are doing this on purpose or not. But If you really can't hear this then there's something up with you....

1 minute ago, alquemist said:

LAP/Dark Ballet/Future at Eurovision is now the NUMBER ONE TRENDING VIDEO on YouTube.
Eat this, Motherfuckers.

There really might be no such thing as bad publicity.

https://www.youtube.com/feed/trending

Future is doing really well as well it's now number 20 on the global iTunes chart.

1 minute ago, Kim said:

I can't tell if you two are doing this on purpose or not. But If you really can't hear this then there's something up with you....

To be honest Kim I haven’t heard the live version since Saturday, but that’s how I remember it, could be wrong. I’ll check this out.

Germany is snapping this era, Medellin went high on iTunes and now future has been on #9 since the performance.

Also in the UK the singles have been holding way better than in the USA.

Whatever, I’m happy that she’s relevant enough to generate conversation and headlines, per example Cher or Barbra released albums on Q3/18 and I don’t even remember their albums or songs doing something, only Cher’s Gimme x3 did slightly something but not at this level, Madonna is still pushing it on sales, streaming and views.

1 minute ago, Flip The Switch said:

To be honest Kim I haven’t heard the live version since Saturday, but that’s how I remember it, could be wrong. I’ll check this out.

I didn't even want to post it but after the 5th round of "don't be silly it's just the vocals turned down" I had to. Night and day.

Just now, ursula said:

😭😭😭😭😭😭

And to be honest YOU not having anything else to say in any other topic is starting to look a bit suspect...

4 minutes ago, Kim said:

Jesus, the so-called difference between these two "versions" is not something any sane person should consider worthy of getting their knickers in a twist (Is that even an idiom, I am not a native speaker lol) Still, thank you for the post - next.