EUROVISION! The aftermath!

....so if "people" get a cher believe vocoder disco track that s great but NOT If they have an heavy vocoder track NAMED FUTURE...? STFU

1 minute ago, Kim said:

The only one fucking off from here soon will be you. You're incapable of any sort of reasoned discussion, a certifiable loon, and if I recall correctly, one of the scumbags who was actively working to destroy this forum. Feel free to go to any of the other numerous places on the internet today ("fan" forums included) who are literally calling Madonna a piece of talentless shit. You loons don't know how good you have it here.

Certified loon. I LOVE YOU.

1 minute ago, Kim said:

The only one fucking off from here soon will be you. You're incapable of any sort of reasoned discussion, a certifiable loon, and if I recall correctly, one of the scumbags who was actively working to destroy this forum. Feel free to go to any of the other numerous places on the internet today ("fan" forums included) who are literally calling Madonna a piece of talentless shit. You loons don't know how good you have it here.

Actively working to destroy this forum?? You must be recalling incorrectly on that one. I haven't a clue what you're talking about there. I've never bad mouthed this forum anywhere else, nor have I ever posted links to "leaked" music when I shouldn't. 

While I do enjoy the "fixed" version, obviously, I believe it would've been better to just use the original one and call it a day. It wasn't that bad anyway... 

I fear that this will fuel more people into saying "oh, look, now she's trying to hide her inability to sing", "no wonder she's using autotune now" Bla Bla Bla. 😞

1 minute ago, Kurt420 said:

Actively working to destroy this forum?? You must be recalling incorrectly on that one. I haven't a clue what you're talking about there. I've never bad mouthed this forum anywhere else, nor have I ever posted links to "leaked" music when I shouldn't. 

Fine. Calm down, understand that people (FANS) are entitled to their own feelings based upon their own experiences, and if you know that a topic is probably gonna have you telling people to FUCK OFF then maybe just not click on it.

6 minutes ago, karbatal said:

I wonder if she couldn't breathe properly with the dress? She's been a superwoman for so long that maybe she doesn't give a thought to those things. 

She just didn't warm up (enough) her voice and/or probably hasn't had any vocal training in quite some time... That's how I see it. 

12 minutes ago, Kim said:

Oh, no Kim, @Kurt420 is definitely NOT anything like that. You are mistaking him with someone else. 

I feel compelled to support a friend although we are not on the same boat when it comes to this Eurovision mess. . . :smile:

1 hour ago, Sky Fits Heaven said:

In my opinion, her recent years team is a bunch of Yes People and that's the type that can do serious damage to one's success. A perfect example is the Aretha tribute speech; hours before she went to the MTV, she posted an Instagram muted video where they were doing her hair, make-up, etc, and she was reading what she would say (the paper with the speech text could be seen). Now, how come no one told her: "M, I believe that your speech is full of good intentions, but as it is it sounds a little bit self-absorbed, it's too much about you and too little about her. Maybe you could balance it more so that a backfire scenario won't happen."? No one told her this? Or maybe they did and she didn't care? Who knows. The truth is that it backfired badly and it did her image no good at all. One can say "who cares, she survived all of that, etc", but the legacy of these poorly planned situations (Aretha, Eurovision) is nothing but negativity. Madonna goes there, do her stuff and obtains little to none positivity in the end.

This!

And I find it funny that some fans make no big deal about the missing opportunity that was Eurovision and are now focused on Pride in NYC as if such event will do anything for Madonna (get the general public back, give her a good public image, etc). Will it be broadcast for 200 millions of people of different nationalities at the same time? I mean, for all I know, Pride is something just local and isn't even broadcast, am I right? The only events on the league of Eurovision are the Superbowl and mayyybe the World Cup and Olympics closing. As @Kim said, this was a once in a lifetime opportunity, so every scenario should have been thought for it to be a success; but, to be frank, we are very lucky that a 2015 Brits situation didn't happen again, cuz God knows what a video game final level the whole thing looked like: 60yo, innumerable stairs to go up and down, an eye patch to not see straight, heavy clothes to limit the moves, accessories asking for a wardrobe malfunction, a lifeless version of a classic that everyone loves, a non-single, I repeat, a non-single to promote a new album and a featuring guest that no one knows in Europe and that she had to take care for how much lost he looked like. It's amazing what an Herculean task it all was and how in the end the vocals were the only thing that went wrong. Madonna is a pro, there's definitely no doubt about it.

I COMPLETELY agree about her team being Yes people. It’s what I think went wrong with Gaga’s career (sorry for mentioning she who must not be named) after BTW. I think she just got a little too much latitude and things went bonkers. There are few things in life more valuable than a good friend who will tell you the unvarnished truth. “Ya fucked that up.” And the more I think on this the more I don’t always want to chalk up her mistakes as mistakes, as in the case of the Aretha speech. It was just wrong, and she should know better. She’s a very intelligent person. When she does stuff like that it makes her look stupid and self-absorbed. And the thing is, most of her greatest moments have come from hard work. She’s a very industrious woman. But there’s a difference between hard work and trying too hard. When she populates her stage with 3D holograms, or chases trends, or works with a hot producer, or releases a video wherein she’s trying to depict herself in a way that she thinks is appealing to younger people—that’s when she fails. Madonna doesn’t need these things. She’s Madonna. Maybe she’s just lost that awareness. Or else she needs to step back and get some perspective. 

It’s no accident that the good songs on Rebel Heart were self-examining and preoccupied with identity and ennui. She knows something’s not quite right. I don’t think she’s yet figured out what it is, though. And she’s the only one who can. 

Edited by bcx
Typos

4 minutes ago, reQuiem4adream said:

It’s been a few days. Have people forgotten about it yet?

No.. Danish music magazine Gaffa is now reporting that Madonna is trying to cover up her Eurovision "failure" by uploading a 'fixed' version of the performance on her YouTube channel.

They also ask their readers a question: What is more embarrassing – admitting that you sang off key on live television or trying to make it sound like it never happened?

4 minutes ago, Kim said:

Fine. Calm down, understand that people (FANS) are entitled to their own feelings based upon their own experiences, and if you know that a topic is probably gonna have you telling people to FUCK OFF then maybe just not click on it.

I'll cool it with the "fuck off's".....but seriously, you are confusing me with someone else if you think I'd ever try to do anything to contribute to destroying this forum in any way. I've always appreciated all of the information and fan commentary (well for the most part 😉) here. I've literally been here since the place opened in 2003, a dotmusic "refugee". 

Thank you for your warning.

Just now, Kurt420 said:

I'll cool it with the "fuck off's".....but seriously, you are confusing me with someone else if you think I'd ever try to do anything to contribute to destroying this forum in any way. I've always appreciated all of the information and fan commentary (well for the most part 😉) here. I've literally been here since the place opened in 2003, a dotmusic "refugee". 

Thank you for your warning.

Okay I apologise for mixing you up with someone else.

I've certainly no interest in linking anyone up here with the shockingly awful press here, but please understand why most of us are NOT particularly happy fans right now instead of pontificating.

23 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

I hope so, watching some of the other performances from Sat was absolutely atrocious. That has to be the stupidest, tackiest crock of shit I've ever witnessed. They should be glad Madonna (off vocals and all) brought SOMETHING to that vapid shitfest. Horrible.

And yes, the ones on Saturday that reacted like the sky was falling can all STILL FUCK OFF! Overreaction any way you slice it. 

Those Eurovision acts are of course inherently crap and most sane M fans have never expected anything that can be rated "good" from them. 

The main issue here is Madonna, the greatest solo artist of all-time, did not deliver a good televised performance for 200 million viewers, and what @Msig told us above is, sadly, an understandable reaction from critics who have always been harsh to her. 

10 minutes ago, Kim said:

Okay I apologise for mixing you up with someone else.

I've certainly no interest in linking anyone up here with the shockingly awful press here, but please understand why most of us are NOT particularly happy fans right now instead of pontificating.

No worries Kim! ❤️ I've certainly mixed up people myself, it's easy to do here!

I think between reading those shockingly awful headlines from across the pond (cuz some of them are just ridiculous) and bits and pieces of comments here just makes my head explode! lol So, sorry for pontificating. 

Fortunately, we have a whole album and and a whole tour to look forward to!! She has plenty of time to shine brightly!!

can people chill? people have to kind of understand for once it's her fault for not structuring a good concept, in an age where beyonce sings 4 songs in 4 minutes plus bridges that referentiate to other songs it's kind of a missed opportunity to give 4 whole minutes to going down a stair and another 4 to going up a stair, also shows that quavo is the worst... also the gp doesn't even care anymore, everyone cares about the atrocious game of thrones finale... i know i was over it once i saw it

1 minute ago, articunocc said:

can people chill? people have to kind of understand for once it's her fault for not structuring a good concept, in an age where beyonce sings 4 songs in 4 minutes plus bridges that referentiate to other songs it's kind of a missed opportunity to give 4 whole minutes to going down a stair and another 4 to going up a stair, also shows that quavo is the worst... also the gp doesn't even care anymore, everyone cares about the atrocious game of thrones finale... i know i was over it once i saw it

Another one who needs to call M before any step of her career.

1 hour ago, Danmacevents said:

Number 3 trending. Probs not for the right reasons but here we are. 820k views. 

She missed over a million views from sunday that the unofficial upload had

13 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

No worries Kim! ❤️ I've certainly mixed up people myself, it's easy to do here!

I think between reading those shockingly awful headlines from across the pond (cuz some of them are just ridiculous) and bits and pieces of comments here just makes my head explode! lol So, sorry for pontificating. 

Fortunately, we have a whole album and and a whole tour to look forward to!! She has plenty of time to shine brightly!!

👍

1 minute ago, systemvalues said:

Another one who needs to call M before any step of her career.

no she can make whatever choice she wants, i'm a fan but i'm not blind, the flake in this case is kind of her fault

1 minute ago, articunocc said:

no she can make whatever choice she wants, i'm a fan but i'm not blind, the flake in this case is kind of her fault

uhhhh.. not blind but was a good hearing necessary for this task? 🙂

1 hour ago, boy skeffington said:

So much of the negativity I saw was not about LAP but about the strange vocoder on FUTURE...which is EXACTLY how the song is presented in the album version. It's manufactured outrage.

The version on youtube has the audio brought up...that's really it. 

Its not like this is the 1st time a live show is altered for the video upload

Madonna (or her team or broadcaster) does it all the time and so do others

Why on earth would they not do it? 

15 minutes ago, articunocc said:

Ive heard much worse notes on live show from that Beyonce woman

1 minute ago, dollhouse said:

Its not like this is the 1st time a live show is altered for the video upload

Madonna (or her team or broadcaster) does it all the time and so do others

Why on earth would they not do it? 

Because Madonna has to pay for all the Maria Callas that are in the showbiz right now. 🙂

2 minutes ago, systemvalues said:

Because Madonna has to pay for all the Maria Callas that are in the showbiz right now. 🙂

They will burn her at stake like Joan of Arc. Hell, they blamed her coz Germany got 0 points 🤣

2 minutes ago, Foolio said:

Ok so this has been blown out of all proportion. I feel bad for Mambo.

Don't feel bad for her. In the end of the day it's her life and she's used to risks and losing.