EUROVISION! The aftermath!

5 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

Last night I was only able to see the edited version with Dark Ballet missing. Now that I've actually had a chance to really watch the full performance, it makes the absolute hysterics from the media (not in the US thank goodness) and in this forum completely and utterly RIDICULOUS. In fact, in terms of history of this forum, I think the absolute absurdity of it all can only be compared to "Gagagate" as far as just how irrational people are. The fact that the absolute, over the top hysterics in this forum lead me to believe before watching the performance that I was about to witness a career suicide....a Britney '07 type moment is actually quite pathetic. Truly, a NEW LOW for this forum. So incredibly disappointed in some posters....not because they didn't like it but because of their reactions and how they feed into the over the top bullshit. In regard to the media, some bum notes and a questionable musical arrangement don't equate to the type of vitriol she's getting. I dare someone to say she should ignore the US after the absolute ugliness I've seen from the European media today. Clearly, some of the criticisms are rooted somewhere else FAR BEYOND her Eurovision performance.

Now that I've seen it in full and without having insane hysterics pre-shape my opinion, I can honestly say she delivered last night. She hit some questionable notes but I can spout off ten other performances from the top of my head that are far worse. Will agree, it's time to step up the musical arrangements and Quavo works on the recorded version of Future but his stage presence is non-existent. Outside of those two things, I saw NOTHING wrong with this performance. #sorrynotsorry. This wasn't meant to be a light, dance driven number....clearly it was meant to be heavy all around. Perhaps that's not appropriate for Eurovision....which is what makes it all the better to me. 

But yeah......let's keep waiting for the disco banger to pop up and for her to slip on the leotard again and do the crabwalk 🙄  Not everyone can come into the future indeed. Wake up!

Great!

Guest eroticerotic

I listened to both and everyone exaggerated. The reaction she got was above and beyond her and her performance. It's safe to say the reaction she got had nothing to do with her. From observing that and just society in general and even posters here, what they think (or don't think) are the real problems, it's safe to say the internet has farmed very weak minded people who can't think for themselves, are easily influenced, paranoid, underdeveloped, and have become malevolent. I keep telling those close to me be prepared for whats to come. The internet has only been around the way it is now for a mere 20 years. Its too early to tell how it affects peoples thought processes. I have theories from what I've seen. But, yeah. be prepared! and mentally strong!

36 minutes ago, eroticerotic said:

I listened to both and everyone exaggerated. The reaction she got was above and beyond her and her performance. It's safe to say the reaction she got had nothing to do with her. From observing that and just society in general and even posters here, what they think (or don't think) are the real problems, it's safe to say the internet has farmed very weak minded people who can't think for themselves, are easily influenced, paranoid, underdeveloped, and have become malevolent. I keep telling those close to me be prepared for whats to come. The internet has only been around the way it is now for a mere 20 years. Its too early to tell how it affects peoples thought processes. I have theories from what I've seen. But, yeah. be prepared! and mentally strong!

Oh you the king of rationality. 

Guest eroticerotic
2 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Oh you the king of rationality. 

Hmm. Interesting lol.

dont think I proclaimed that...

but if my opinions are too strong for u. Oh well.

These people who “can’t think for themselves” have ALWAYS existed. It’s just more obvious with the internet now, and ways of thinking spread more quickly now. 

7 minutes ago, eroticerotic said:

Hmm. Interesting lol.

dont think I proclaimed that...

but if my opinions are too strong for u. Oh well.

And perhaps our opinions are "too strong" for you as well, which you easily label as "exaggeration". 

I'm already tired of always getting crap about Madonna..especially when She go to some awards ceremony.

Brits ( living for Love)

bilboard ( Prince tribute)

mtv Awards ( aretha tribute)

and now.. Eurovision.

I can understand that they say that she have out of tune, but that they want to withdraw it, to end their career seems to me tremendously exaggerated and unfair. 😡

Just now, rebelgirl said:

I'm already tired of always getting crap about Madonna..especially when She go to some awards ceremony.

Brits ( living for Love)

bilboard ( Prince tribute)

mtv Awards ( aretha tribute)

and now.. Eurovision.

I can understand that they say that she have out of tune, but that they want to withdraw it, to end their career seems to me tremendously exaggerated and unfair. 😡

Get over it. Enjoy the music. 

Guest eroticerotic
6 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

And perhaps our opinions are "too strong" for you as well, which you easily label as "exaggeration". 

nah. not really. fi someone disagrees with me and is civil I will more than gladly express my opinion in the same manner. if it gets to a point where we just agree to disagree so be it...but I will always say what I think. 

if my comment hit home to you,.  thats all you. the reaction to her performance was exaggeration. not sure why you are playing devils advocate. its a waste of time.

9 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

Finally:

Don't forget to Like posts and make your won comments.  If you see a links to other videos being posted in the comment section, you can report them as spam.  It's not allowed so the comment will be taken off.  

3 minutes ago, CalinB said:

Don't forget to Like posts and make your won comments.  If you see a links to other videos being posted in the comment section, you can report them as spam.  It's not allowed so the comment will be taken off.  

Done. Reporting as well.

9 minutes ago, eroticerotic said:

nah. not really. fi someone disagrees with me and is civil I will more than gladly express my opinion in the same manner. if it gets to a point where we just agree to disagree so be it...but I will always say what I think. 

if my comment hit home to you,.  thats all you. the reaction to her performance was exaggeration. not sure why you are playing devils advocate. its a waste of time.

If it was an obscure performance by some local singer like Sophie Ellis-Bextor at a little gig attended by less than 5,000 people, yes I would agree people exaggerated. Sorry, but you need to get out of your bubbles to actually understand why the underwhelming performance was a big deal to many. But really, whatever. 

3 hours ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

Quavo didn't seem like he wanted to be there. I didn't notice any chemistry with M at all.

3 hours ago, zephyralexxx said:

Judging from his interview, not knowing any of M's songs, I believe he even didn't want to be on the track and M dragged him for this duet...

In my opinion, the post 2001Madonna rarely, if ever, wins anything from collaborations. Okay that some performances and songs end up looking/sounding good, but, at the long-term, the ones that benefit from it are the featuring singers, the producers, etc, with whom she work cuz after working together they have Madonna name on their curriculum and that's a big thing. But, for her, what they add to her art is, most of the time, a footnote and nothing to write home about.

The fact that Quavo mentioned Champagne Rosé as his favorite Madonna song can be interpreted from three points of view:

1) It is, in fact, his fave Madonna song and he just gave a straight honest answer
2) It's not his fave Madonna song (he had other one in mind), but as the other song that they did together, he lied and answer it in order to promote it
3) He doesn't know or couldn't think about any of her numerous hits and so just answer it cuz it was their first collaboration/what he could remember

Which one I'm most inclined to believe that is the real one? The third option. But is this an exclusive Quavo thing? I bet not. If one asked the same question to Timbaland, Timberlake, Martin Solveig,  Benassi brothers, Billboard, Kanye West, M.I.A., Nicki Minaj, Drake, Anitta, Swae Lee, Dino D'Santiago and, I dare to say, even Maluma, how many of them could really answer a non-collaboration track or a non-safe signature hit (Holiday, Like A Virgin, La Isla Bonita, Like A Prayer, Vogue) as their favorite Madonna song? How many of them really know her back catalogue? How many of them worked with her cuz she's a singer that they admire since ever and how many did it cuz she's an world wide icon and a good name to be attached to? This is food for thought.

Guest eroticerotic
8 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

If it was an obscure performance by some local singer like Sophie Ellis-Bextor at a little gig attended by less than 5,000 people, yes I would agree people exaggerated. Sorry, but you need to get out of your bubbles to actually understand why the underwhelming performance was a big deal to many. But really, whatever. 

Believe you me, no bubble. That is usually a problem...I'm always glad to address.

Since I spend most my life off the net, and actually trying to connect with people, when I log on and I see whats going on, that is the metaphorical bubble you speak of ironically.

the majority of people overreacted to her vocals. And to who she's consistently been. Madonna breaking the rules is not revolutionary. So yes it was an overreaction in those terms objectively speaking. Perhaps maybe to the newbies, Id say OK. but overall the reaction happened within the FAN community who should know better.

1 minute ago, Sky Fits Heaven said:

The fact that Quavo mentioned Champagne Rosé as his favorite Madonna song can be interpreted from three points of view:

1) It is, in fact, his fave Madonna song and he just gave a straight honest answer
2) It's not his fave Madonna song (he had other one in mind), but as the other song that they did together, he lied and answer it in order to promote it
3) He doesn't know or couldn't think about any of her numerous hits and so just answer it cuz it was their first collaboration/what he could remember

Or:

4) He was joking

Not likely, but it's a possiblity.

This well known (in Italy) Italian TV presenter, DJ and huge music connoisseur, has posted an absolutely brilliant review of Madonna's Eurovision show, talking about the symbolism in the theatrics, the meaning behind all that, praising her hugely, and like many others astonished by the level of horrible vitriol she got - thank you @cocolattee for letting us know! 

It's amazing that he completely understood what a huge chunk of Madonna fans clearly did not get at all.

38 minutes ago, CalinB said:

There’s one particular video called “Madonna’s career ending Eurovision performance”, I’ve reported as spam and misleading, please do the same so we can get this taken down.

She also said on her Instagram she was preparing something special for her fans. Even after contract had been signed she didn't mention Eurovision until after the perform. She had a goal. Whether received positively or negatively that message has been heard loud and clear. I'm starting to think she maybe she didn't want to do it and if she was to do it it was just for the message. And you know what. Good on her. As a fan looking back I wish she hadn't but I was excited before she did. To be fair the whole show after the entries performed became very uncomfortable from the voting to the results. 

One thing for sure. It'll be a Eurovision to remember 😂. Would love to see the ratings. 

1 hour ago, eroticerotic said:

I appreciate your post I m in your place with this analisys , se are lucky to have experienced the presocial humankind scenario and it s interesting and quite scary to witness what s going on ...it s a challenging struggle to have children in this world too . 

I had the same experience than many here. Been to a diner with friends. We watched eurovision to have a good laugh and to see Madonna. And then after 2 lines of LAP, BOOM!!! The coments: she sounds horrible, she can't sing, This version of LAP is a bit boring no? and then this weird moment spoken. And then future. Let's say the performance did nothing for the song. It was meh all a long. And the same critics: boring, she sounds bad, this is her new song? Why not medellin? (many people knew medellin). And then, it was over. I know she is all artistic and her integrity as an artist it's more important than a commercial driven performance, but  for god sake it was the eurovision! She should have known better or she should be managed better. But well. A big opportunity lost. She used to know how to turn a performance to her advantage: live aids, superbowl... but saturday performance was bad, boring and forgetable. And this is what hurt the most.

Good Morning everyone! I finally managed to watch it and I have to say it wasn't as bad as the media has written about. I actually liked it, a lot. Did she sing bad? Unfortunately yes. As a performer (and singer) should she improve and take care of her singing? Yes. Was the arrangement of LAP not the best one and helped pushing the quality of the performance down? Yes. Was Future the best choice? Maybe not. Would Medellon have fitted better Eurovision? IMO Definitely yes. But it was a beautiful and theatrical performance and I really get it. I even didn't miss M doing any intricate dancing moves, because it wasn't the idea behind the performance. Besides there was a powerful message (independent of the personal opinions on politics). The hate has no reason at all.

On a positive note, my mom called from Turkey this morning and asked me about what I thought of M's performance. She said it was on the Turkish news. Apparently it appeared due to her political statement and praised. 

Madonna has to take care of her voice. She sounded the same in the clip rehearsal. She focuses on many important aspects and this one seems relegated.

That's important for the public too. The voice. So next time maybe among the fresh face, the boots or the visuals, tge voice is given a thought too. 

I don't mean her concert voice. I mean her "TV performances voice". She's got weeks to train this. 

40 minutes ago, pjcowley said:

This well known (in Italy) Italian TV presenter, DJ and huge music connoisseur, has posted an absolutely brilliant review of Madonna's Eurovision show, talking about the symbolism in the theatrics, the meaning behind all that, praising her hugely, and like many others astonished by the level of horrible vitriol she got - thank you @cocolattee for letting us know! 

It's amazing that he completely understood what a huge chunk of Madonna fans clearly did not get at all.

He s an educated mind , I feel not alone

3 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

So they fixed the vocals here? I love this capture tbh.  And shes gettin many positive comments:

That's because only us fans are eager to watch this again. Pity because Future is wonderful.