EUROVISION! The aftermath!

4 minutes ago, karbatal said:

I don't know but it's like the tenth time it's been posted. 

Guys, after Eurovision we always have in Europe lots of coverage laughing at the funny or OTT parts. This year Madonna is part of them. If Madonna works on some PR it'll pass away fast. 

But please, stop gloating with those German papers trying to hide the fact that the biggest embarrassment of the night WAS GERMANY! 

Sisters sister 0 points. Flop career that never even started.

1 minute ago, karbatal said:

But please, stop gloating with those German papers trying to hide the fact that the biggest embarrassment of the night WAS GERMANY! 

Almost everyone in Germany hated the German participants. They only participated because they came to the contest through questionable bills of the broadcoaster. Unfortunately, this embarrassment does not really make Madonna's performance any better.

I really wonder why some feel the need to drag her so much. just say she was off key and that's it. it's so over the top. almost animalistic and black mirror ish.. girl just gave a performance.. it's not like she's a politician

7 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

He or she was answering the other member who asserted that "only the fans talked about the poor vocals not the press". 

Those headlines are pure shit. 🤣😂

I liked the performance. But obviously she has alienated almost everybody.

One thing that is interesting to me, is that a lot of people can channel what the GP's thinking is gonna be, the moment they see it.

My mom was that way, and my sister is too. Whenever something went wrong and I couldn't tell, they'd tell me right away. And I don't think they've ever been wrong about such things. I find that quite interesting. It's a talent I don't have.

1 minute ago, dollhouse said:

Relax and take nap

I do not have to relax ... I said Terrible because I think those German  headlines are very unfair

2 minutes ago, Nikki said:

I really wonder why some feel the need to drag her so much. just say she was off key and that's it. it's so over the top. almost animalistic and black mirror ish.. girl just gave a performance.. it's not like she's a politician

I'm surprised that the fans still want to talk about how bad it was, I mean, I get it, let's just move on and support her the best we can. It's not end of the world, we're getting a NEW ALBUM in less than month HELLOOOO

2 minutes ago, Bette Davis Dub said:

Almost everyone in Germany hated the German participants. They only participated because they came to the contest through questionable bills of the broadcoaster. Unfortunately, this embarrassment does not really make Madonna's performance any better.

Her performance was not that bad and her message was subtle.

I would always choose Madonna over any other shitty Eurovision act who preformed before her during the voting.

3 minutes ago, Dany Targaryen said:

I liked the performance. But obviously she has alienated almost everybody.

One thing that is interesting to me, is that a lot of people can channel what the GP's thinking is gonna be, the moment they see it.

My mom was that way, and my sister is too. Whenever something went wrong and I couldn't tell, they'd tell me right away. And I don't think they've ever been wrong about such things. I find that quite interesting. It's a talent I don't have.

My sister in law is the same. She started commenting on Twilight with the first book. She started singing to Despacito when it was released... :lol:

Now that I calmed down, I watched it again. 

Her vocals were ok for Madonna except a few flat notes in LAP. (The beginning especially). The problem was the version she chose. It was such a bare version, the whole focus was on her voice which just showed everything. She could have done a joyful version with a choir like in super bowl with a black voice to help and she would have got away with the same vocals. She took a big risk. 

I love future and again I don’t think it was the right choice. Being an unknown song, she could have done something more upbeat. It didn’t connect with people at all. 

BUT she preferred to take a risk, go all political, give a message and I respect that. I’m sure she knew what she was doing and what kind of shit she was gonna get afterwards. I still love my queen and she means so much to me. What’s next to get excited now? Crave video? 

2 minutes ago, smirnoff_ice said:

Now that I calmed down, I watched it again. 

Her vocals were ok for Madonna except a few flat notes in LAP. (The beginning especially). The problem was the version she chose. It was such a bare version, the whole focus was on her voice which just showed everything. She could have done a joyful version with a choir like in super bowl with a black voice to help and she would have got away with the same vocals. She took a big risk. 

I love future and again I don’t think it was the right choice. Being an unknown song, she could have done something more upbeat. It didn’t connect with people at all. 

BUT she preferred to take a risk, go all political, give a message and I respect that. I’m sure she knew what she was doing and what kind of shit she was gonna get afterwards. I still love my queen and she means so much to me. What’s next to get excited now? Crave video? 

Yes! This week! 

18 minutes ago, rebelgirl said:

I do not have to relax ... I said Terrible because I think those German  headlines are very unfair

The German media loves Madonna because her name sells papers and she is still the biggest star on earth. If she causes controversy they love to headline it and if she triumphs and shines they celebrate her. She didn't shine this time.

Just now, Bette Davis Dub said:

The German media loves Madonna because she sells papers and is still the biggest star on earth. If she causes controversy they love to headline it and if she triumphs and shines they celebrate her.

Just think that the Austrian government resigned after a scandal, but the most read article on der Spiegel was Madonna didn’t sing on key. 

I had to laugh 😂 

17 minutes ago, Nikki said:

People are .... They will drag Jesus Christ down if IT was alive ' cause IT would be too much for them to accept ITs longevity .....and anyway M is an EDUENTERTEINER ( a sincere politician ) that s her place in da game , she s created that art language and an *Artist is the one who create a language .

31 minutes ago, mr_boogiewoogie said:

Unfortunately for you and Jebi and others she is not a performing monkey who was put on earth to satisfy your needs and expectations or abide by your standards of what an artist should or shouldn’t do in front of 200 million people. 

She does what she wants and it is HER career and no one else’s. Take it or leave it! 

I am a fan of Madonna and nobody needs to preach to me about her admirable IDGAF attitude that everyone of us knows too well. 

Of course it is her career. Did I ever say it wasn't hers? 

NEVER have I said that "she cannot be political the way she wants to" or "she should just sing and dance exactly like this or like that blablabla". Every sane Madonna fan is totally cool with her being bold, brave, provocative and rebellious, this is SELF-EVIDENT hello.

The problem with her Eurovision performance, in our opinion, is not the activism PER SE but the poor execution, what people get was a horrid karaoke version of "Like a Prayer" and sorry we will not force ourselves to find THAT enjoyable. She brought a message for the Palestinian cause? Great. But Madonna is FIRST AND FOREMOST a musical artist, that is how history will primarily remember her for, and sadly the musical aspect of this performance was poor. 

As fans, we are allowed to have expectations and to HOPE for things we personally prefer, and as a magnificent artist but also a human being, most of the times Madonna made us happy, and sometimes she misses the mark AND THAT IS OKAY in the whole bigger picture of life. What is so hard to comprehend? :confused:

1 minute ago, Crystal Coffin said:

I am a fan of Madonna and nobody needs to preach to me about her admirable IDGAF attitude that everyone of us knows too well. 

NEVER have I said that "she cannot be political the way she wants to" or "she should just sing and dance exactly like this or like that blablabla". Every sane Madonna fan is totally cool with her being bold, brave, provocative and rebellious, this is SELF-EVIDENT hello.

The problem with her Eurovision performance, in our opinion, is not the activism PER SE but the poor execution, what people get was a horrid karaoke version of "Like a Prayer" and sorry we will not force ourselves to find THAT enjoyable. She brought a message for the Palestinian cause? Great. But Madonna is FIRST AND FOREMOST a musical artist, that is how the history will primarily remember her for, and sadly the musical aspect of this performance was poor. 

As fans, we are allowed to have expectations and to HOPE for things we personally prefer, and as a magnificent artist but also a human being, most of the times Madonna made us happy, and sometimes she misses the mark AND THAT IS OKAY in the whole bigger picture of life. What is so hard to comprehend? :confused:

This. 

The discussion around Eurovision has been heated on here to say the least but I agree with your perspective you enjoyed/admired the message but it's the execution of the performance that sucked. The arrangement/performance value was lacking not the fact she chose to make a statement.

I totally understand your point of view and I agree with it.

5 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

The problem with her Eurovision performance, in our opinion, is not the activism PER SE but the poor execution, what people get was a horrid karaoke version of "Like a Prayer" and sorry we will not force ourselves to find THAT enjoyable. She brought a message for the Palestinian cause? Great. But Madonna is FIRST AND FOREMOST a musical artist, that is how history will primarily remember her for, and sadly the musical aspect of this performance was poor. 

I respect your point of view 

I know people are saying about spreading a message, but Eurovision is known for its camp vibe. Also, it is a non-political show. It's strange why she obeyed Superbowl instructions to the letter but disregarded Eurovision rules.

Compare this to Superbowl, or even, LAP at Live 8. It was a flat performance and the sound hasn't been good for BMA and now this. Bring back Stuart Price who was a genius and worked so well alongside her. LAP is a great song to get audience involvement, put your hands together. Instead it was very dire. I get that this is probably her setting up the premise for the Madame X tour but maybe not best suited for Eurovision.

Edited by alanuk

46 minutes ago, side_streets said:

Why is German press important all of sudden? 

Because they say her career is over..like some journalists said during the erotica/sex era.. someone clearly likes to read these titles also here in Madonnanation. _ 🙂

Just now, systemvalues said:

Because they say her career is over..like some journalists said during the erotica/sex era.. someone clearly likes to read these titles also here in Madonnanation. _ 🙂

Indeed

8 minutes ago, alanuk said:

I know people are saying about spreading a message, but Eurovision is known for its camp vibe. Also, it is a non-political show. It's strange why she obeyed Superbowl instructions to the letter but disregarded Eurovision rules.

Compare this to Superbowl, or even, LAP at Live 8. It was a flat performance and the sound hasn't been good for BMA and now this. Bring back Stuart Price who was a genius and worked so well alongside her.

The computer midi "band" era started around The Confessions Tour though..

It was very notable on The Prince honor and Eurovision and many other performances. To the point I have given up wishing for a real live band.

Its basicly elevator background music. I have no idea why its allowed still.

1 minute ago, dollhouse said:

The computer midi "band" era started around The Confessions Tour though..

It was very notable on The Prince honor and Eurovision and many other performances. To the point I have given up wishing for a real live band.

I'm not a sound expert do forgive my ignorance but the Super Bowl happened in between Confessions and the Primce tribute and that sounded great and that wasnt live instruments.

Im assuming this certain sound guy also had something to do with the horrid Prince tribute as well?