EUROVISION! The aftermath!

Maybe I’m being too naive/optimistic, but I think the political/defying message is starting to get more attention than the off key singing or whatever. 

Maybe all the backlash will ultimately backfire and she’ll have the last laugh. It’s hard to see things in perspective right now, but maybe we’re missing the bigger picture? I don’t know. Just thinking outloud, I guess. 

31 minutes ago, Bette Davis Dub said:

It wasn't a catastrophe, but it was disappointing from the weak beginning, went on with the terror interlude and ended with an expressionless Quavo appearance. The performance was a massive downgrade of her beautiful Met gala show. Madonna didn't want to spread fun and party mood, she wanted to preach and kick many asses. Well, that's what she has done and nobody needs to be surprised about the reaction.

:chuckle:

Quavo was like:

error.gif

47 minutes ago, calisto said:

The only point here is she didn't win the GP back. Quite the opposite. The performance (Future) was theatrically remarkable, but lacked stamina and was too subtle for a dumb event watched by (mostly) dumb people. The press and haters are having a field day here. Wish that happened in other event, not one watched by millions across Europe. Yes, attention span last one minute nowadays. Let time pass. Cue to Madonna: if you can't sing Like a Prayer, don't sing it at all.    

Yeah, I get it. But just as all this hatred and vitriol are short-lived, so is, I think, whatever praise she might’ve gotten. The superbowl was almost universally acclaimed, but did it stop the haters, did it win back the gp? Maybe for a month or two. 

A stellar performance might’ve propelled LAP into the upper echelons of European charts for a week and helped with ticket sales. But I’m not sure it would’ve turned back the clock to 2006 or even 2011. 

5 minutes ago, luizotaviobarros said:

Maybe I’m being too naive/optimistic, but I think the political/defying message is starting to get more attention than the off key singing or whatever. 

Maybe all the backlash will ultimately backfire and she’ll have the last laugh. It’s hard to see things in perspective right now, but maybe we’re missing the bigger picture? I don’t know. Just thinking outloud, I guess. 

It is actually. The fans (as usual) were the ones who pointed out the singing and vocals, and the rest is history.

I’m glad they’re talking about the message, which was the point from the very beginning! 

3 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

It is actually. The fans (as usual) were the ones who pointed out the singing and vocals, and the rest is history.

I’m glad they’re talking about the message, which was the point from the very beginning! 

no,in spain at least, all the newspapers are talking about her singing skills being non existent

Just now, promise to try said:

no,in spain at least, all the newspapers are talking about her singing skills being non existent

spain, germany, the Netherlands

6 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

Hmm not so sure it's all fan created I've read reports here in the U.K. addressing her vocals.

3 minutes ago, promise to try said:

i guess its a slow news week

someone should just send them the Evita soundtrack

7 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

I'm pretty sure that in all countries where Eurovision is a thing there's been articles trashing her vocals. The rest of the world covered the political aspect of the performance instead and during the day that story overall has gained more traction and hopefully it will be what it will be remembered for.

1 hour ago, Jeby said:

Somebody in Madonna's circle needs to remind her she is an artist first and foremost and via her art she is an activist. She does art because she is a talented artist. She doesn't do art because she is an activist looking to get a message across. The difference may be subtle but it is there.

She rushed through LAP. Did not sing it like it was at MET GALA so she could get preachy on Future which was an inappropriate song for Eurovision in the first damn place. You have an album coming out for the first time in four years and you have an audience of 200m watching you and your priority is to pick the song that suits your "message?" NO. Superbowl she sang Like a Prayer and at the end flashed world peace. She could have sang I Rise with a full orchestra sitting in one spot so her voice would be great, and passed on a message with that. She could have electrified the audience with Medellin and then added LAP and her message. There is a whole host of things. Her new single is Crave. Who gets the opportunity to show your new single to 200m people and chooses to sing some random reggae teaser song because it matches the "message?'

She is getting carried away with this message and activist business. The beauty of Madonna is that she has always been that person. The artist activist. The activist artist. But it never affects her art. Now it has. She should have been more interested in putting on a damn great performance as the artist that she is and incorporating her message to it. Instead here it seems her priority is how do I get a message across and everything else will have to fit into that. That is why we had to suffer Quavo who did not know one madonna song and said his Mama used to listen to her.

I am sick. Imma need Debi Mazar to knock some sense into her. Somebody has to. 

^^ from other thread. I agree with almost everything. Quavo did not bother me anyway. 

26 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

The headlines of the biggest newspapers in Germany:

Queen of Pop dethrones herself
Appearance of the Queen of Pop causes horror
The Madonna shock at the ESC. Can she really not sing?
A low point of her career. Maybe even the endpoint
Madonna's failed performance: embarrassing and political
This ESC has ruined Madonna's career
No one sings as bad as Madonna

23 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

They are talking about LIVE singing, please. 

We do have proof that she can sing live. Links r on YT.

1 minute ago, Bette Davis Dub said:

The Madonna shock at the ESC. Can't she really sing?
News image for "madonna" from Tagesspiegel

Why is German press important all of sudden? 

Someone make gif combination of the iconic moments of it: the wind turned to fire blow she made to make them fall, the amazing group choreo shots, the ending when they leaned back and fell OMG!

6 minutes ago, Bette Davis Dub said:

The Madonna shock at the ESC. Can't she really sing?
News image for "madonna" from Tagesspiegel

eye roll.

5 minutes ago, Bette Davis Dub said:

The Madonna shock at the ESC. Can she really not sing?

😱😱 Terrible

2 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

We do have prove that she can sing live. Links r on YT.

The extreme delusion is real. 

She did NOT sound good at all at the EUROVISION. Who the fuck talked about those other great/good performances she has given? 

2 minutes ago, side_streets said:

Because we are talking about Madonna's performance and the reactions of fans and media. Fans from other countries share their media reactions and I share mine.

2 minutes ago, side_streets said:

I don't know but it's like the tenth time it's been posted. 

Guys, after Eurovision we always have in Europe lots of coverage laughing at the funny or OTT parts. This year Madonna is part of them. If Madonna works on some PR it'll pass away fast. 

But please, stop gloating with those German papers trying to hide the fact that the biggest embarrassment of the night WAS GERMANY! 

5 minutes ago, side_streets said:

He or she was answering the other member who asserted that "only the fans talked about the poor vocals not the press". 

Just now, Bette Davis Dub said:

Because we are talking about Madonna's performance and the reactions of fans and media. Fans from other countries share their media reactions and I share mine.

Yeah. The day you share something positive in this forum I will perform the Hallelujah.

1 minute ago, Crystal Coffin said:

She did NOT sound good at all at the EUROVISION. Who the fuck talked about those other great/good performances she has given? 

I think it was not her best performance ... but those critical comments have been disproportionate.

3 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

And who the fuck talked she sounded good in Eurovision?

8 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

^^ from other thread. I agree with almost everything. Quavo did not bother me anyway. 

Unfortunately for you and Jebi and others she is not a performing monkey who was put on earth to satisfy your needs and expectations or abide by your standards of what an artist should or shouldn’t do in front of 200 million people. 

She does what she wants and it is HER career and no one else’s. Take it or leave it!