EUROVISION! The aftermath!

33 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Even on pictures Quavo looks like a fish out of water poor love.

HE LOOKS LIKE THE FISH FROM AMERICAN DAD. 

Just now, RyanAnth4 said:

It’s so sad she’s getting this amount of hate , it really is . I do need a cleanse from it and stay away from it I think , it’s so disappointing. 

Time will hopefully help , there’s three weeks til album is out , do you think she will do anything before it’s here 

I'm really curious to know what this album roll out will look like. No news of any upcoming appearances/performances after Eurovision.  Hope we get some news of upcoming appearances #soon.

14 minutes ago, lautert said:

For a woman who served the super bowl, mdna tour and even some great parts at the rebel heart tour, this is a quite static performance. 

Let me repeat the key word:

Stairs

Eyepatch

The mob mentality regarding this performance is so vile. Social media is disgusting. This is exactly why I’m only on Instagram and check Facebook sparingly. 

The performance was fine. Yes she was off during LAP and her voice was shaky. But it’s clear it was due to some kind of technical issues. My god tho...  it wasn’t as if she killed a litter of kittens on stage for Christ’s sake. 

I often wonder what would’ve said about the VMA LAV, Vogue, Express Yourself, ROL performances if social media existed back then. I’m so thankful I got to experience Madonna before the age of these woke, insufferable, social justice wielding “critics”. You get your ass on stage and do what this incredible woman is doing at 60 years old. 

The criticism she’s getting from her “fans” this era is absolutely mind boggling. 

Just now, runa said:

Stairs

Eyepatch

I agree that those things are quite limiting and I hope she can re-think some of those props for major performances. 

My friends and family (who aren't Madonna fans) are defending her. They are shocked about the hateful media and say: She's the queen of pop and isn't perfect. She has achieved so much that it is rather unimportant that she did not make new friends or fans with her bizarre performance.

If Madonna is happy with it it's okay for me, but I prefer to displace it like the Brit Awards 2015. It doesn't make you a worse Madonna fan if you don't understand or love all of her actions. It's just a pity that she has no one in her environment to better advise her.

I don't understand the overwhelming negativity. Sure, LAP vocals were bad, as they often are, let's be honest. We all know she can sing given the right circumstances, even recently, La Vie en Rose from RHT comes to mind.

Everything from the end of LAP to the end I thought was fantastic! The spoken word part was amazing, getting me even more hyped for Dark Ballet, and Future was pretty good, became great because of the political message she was sending with it.

Anywaaay, if anyone wants to watch it in HQ, here you go:

https://www.svtplay.se/video/21980070/eurovision-song-contest-2019/eurovision-song-contest-2019-final-18-maj-21-00?highlight=mellanakt-med-madonna&position=10578&start=auto 

9 minutes ago, FreeMySoul said:

I agree that those things are quite limiting and I hope she can re-think some of those props for major performances. 

8 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Then ditch both for a great performance....maybe? 😲

Yes totally - I don't try to defend her, still think the performance was awful to watch from start to finish. 

But the discussion about her dance moves are idiot if you don't take these elements in consideration. 

Just now, runa said:

Yes totally - I don't try to defend her, still think the performance was awful to watch from start to finish. 

But the discussion about her dance moves are idiot if you don't take these elements in consideration. 

Didn't you like the middle and Future? I loved that part. 

2 minutes ago, runa said:

That is true my love it was all just off but we have tons coming up to enjoy.

1 minute ago, karbatal said:

Didn't you like the middle and Future? I loved that part. 

big fan of FUTURE here - but I'm starting to be tired of the autotune overuse. 

Why is anyone in this fan forum mad upset disappointed....our 👑 queen continues to push buttons, boundaries, taboos and make headlines worldwide in the process while creating art.  We are so lucky, blessed and this fanbase is the “chosen” because we have 35 years and counting of artistry and soundtrack to our lives!  If anyone on here has access to her or she is monitoring in some way. 

Thank you Madonna for it all! 

Can people just agree to disagree on this performance and move on to celebrate the positive with everything she’s giving us right now?! Maybe it was or wasn’t the right mood for the occasion but it’s madonna and she can do what she wants. It was still a great performance if it wasn’t for the fact that she was never quite able to find the right pitch in like a prayer and hang onto it for very long. Again, that clearly indicates it’s more a technical issue like she was singing into a vacuum and couldn’t hear herself which would make it impossible for anyone to stay on tune! It’s too bad it happened but life goes on and we all know what a beautiful singer she is. I think a lot of our disappointment stems from the fact that we just really wanted everyone else to see that last night and sadly they didn’t. 

24 minutes ago, rebelgirl said:

let's be fair, Madonna is 60 years old we can not expect her to do certain impossible choreographies.

I think we all have to be aware that the more years  spend her shows will change, as is logical

Let's be honest,  the most ageist stuff I am reading is from fans - always bringing up her age and saying we can't expect great performances from her or choreography etc.  Madonna was walking up and down stairs with an eyepatch on and heaving clothing.  It impeded her movement,  that was the issue with the movement. .Pure and simple.   

Madonna is a true professional, a vibrant wonderful performer.  She had a less than perfect performance - obviously had problems with the sound from the get go and then looked nervous but just talking of her age is doing her a huge disservice.    She is too wonderful to just have people bring up her age like she is a frail has been.  This is Madonna, the biggest female star ever and someone who never wants to be pitied or excused.  Love her attitude. 

Within a week, we will all be looking forward to whatever else she has coming up.  She always prevails.  

2 minutes ago, runa said:

big fan of FUTURE here - but I'm starting to be tired of the autotune overuse. 

Yes. I love the track but I see your point. But incredible performance.

Okay, having watched the performance again now, I do think from an artistic point of view, it was brilliant and, dare I say it, one of M's boldest decisions in the last couple of years.

To start with, the stage production (especially the intro of course) was excellent. The spoken Dark Ballet interlude was a moment of performance art only M can pull off. The political message throughout was subtly built in while still quite clear in its delivery...."They think we don't know about their crimes". Add to that ending the performance with "Wake Up" flashing in big white letters on the screen. With the context of what is happening 1 hour away from Tel Aviv, all of that was fucking brave.

Beyoncé gets celebrated for flashing "Feminist" on her screens with little to no achievement behind it to back this up, while M actually decides to call out a country for its political bloodshedding right in the middle of it hosting a contest. Regardless of the expectations I had re/ her performance, that boldness is something I applaud her for and yes, in the vanilla music industry of today (and beyond that) she is pretty much solitary with that attitude. :thumbsup:

I do suspect though that M is surrounded by yes people in her team. Like others said, that basic stripped back LAP mix accentuated her vocal weaknesses and at the same time it pretty much killed the momentum of the performance. You can see very well in those audience clips that people were roaring when she was coming on, trying to sing along to the song and dance at first, but with that mix that was barely possible. In effect, even more attention was directed on her vocals. So yeah, by the time Future came on, I believe she had already lost most of the people, regardless of the message.

We heard the rehearsal clips where she was struggling even more. I refuse to believe nobody there was able to realize she was in for a rough ride with this musical arrangement. 

I think I'm disappointed by the performance primarily because I've seen her do LAP live beautifully so many times, including her MDNA concert.  I thought she'd have this in the bag since it's such a staple.  I really do wonder what happened.  Was there no proper sound check, or perhaps did nerves finally get to her (especially since she snuck in controversial elements into the performance without Eurovision's approval).  Also the rehearsal this time around seems abbreviated compared to the one for the BMAs. 

The production overall is still stupendous though, and "Future" actually turned out better than I thought (this is one time when I actually am happy about autotune!).    Also in this context, the choice for the second song makes a lot of sense since she's obviously going more for a political statement as oppose to a hit or sales.    Anyways,  I'm glad that the media seems to be emphasizing the flags elements just as much, if not more than her pitchiness.  

As for twitter and social media, they're gonna drag her even if she personally pulls a group of orphans out from a burning school at this point, so no surprise really...

30 minutes ago, runa said:

Stairs

Eyepatch

Well next Time she could get handcuffs and a ball gag so she doesnt need to sing or move at all.

Excuses over excuses

11 minutes ago, Nonoka said:

Okay, having watched the performance again now, I do think from an artistic point of view, it was brilliant and, dare I say it, one of M's boldest decisions in the last couple of years.

To start with, the stage production (especially the intro of course) was excellent. The spoken Dark Ballet interlude was a moment of performance art only M can pull off. The political message throughout was subtly built in while still quite clear in its delivery...."They think we don't know about their crimes". Add to that ending the performance with "Wake Up" flashing in big white letters on the screen. With the context of what is happening 1 hour away from Tel Aviv, all of that was fucking brave.

Beyoncé gets celebrated for flashing "Feminist" on her screens with little to no achievement behind it to back this up, while M actually decides to call out a country for its political bloodshedding right in the middle of it hosting a contest. Regardless of the expectations I had re/ her performance, that boldness is something I applaud her for and yes, in the vanilla society of today she is pretty much solitary with that attitude. :thumbsup:

I do suspect though that M is surrounded by yes people in her team. Like others said, that basic stripped back LAP mix accentuated her vocal weaknesses and at the same time it pretty much killed the momentum of the performance. You can see very well in those audience clips that people were roaring when she was coming on, trying to sing along to the song and dance at first, but with that mix that was barely possible. In effect, even more attention was directed on her vocals. So yeah, by the time Future came on, I believe she had already lost most of the people, regardless of the message.

We heard the rehearsal clips where she was struggling even more. I fail to believe nobody there was able to realize she was in for a rough ride with this musical arrangement. 

👍👆

10 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Let's be honest,  the most ageist stuff I am reading is from fans - always bringing up her age and saying we can't expect great performances from her or choreography etc.  Madonna was walking up and down stairs with an eyepatch on and heaving clothing.  It impeded her movement,  that was the issue with the movement. .Pure and simple.   

Madonna is a true professional, a vibrant wonderful performer.  She had a less than perfect performance - obviously had problems with the sound from the get go and then looked nervous but just talking of her age is doing her a huge disservice.    She is too wonderful to just have people bring up her age like she is a frail has been.  This is Madonna, the biggest female star ever and someone who never wants to be pitied or excused.  Love her attitude. 

Within a week, we will all be looking forward to whatever else she has coming up.  She always prevails.  

The fans who keep posting that she's old now, has never been great at live singing, looked nervous because of her message(???) are the ones doing her the biggest disservice.  The performance was a miss in my view for many reasons, but that's no reason to drag all her past accomplishments, vocal capability (clearly said by those who have never seen her live), etc. into the discussion.  Madonna has never been nervous because of her message of all things, this is Madonna!  I think she was nervous because of the live audience and ever since the Brits, she seems intent on proving that the stairs accident was a one time fluke, but it distracts her and us fans who fear the same repeat from enjoying the first viewing.

As a fan I was a bit disappointed mostly because we all know what she's capable of even in 2019.  It's unfortunate that all that we know she can be didn't come across perfectly to such a mass audience is all.

That said, the tour will obviously still be amazing.