We are SO FORTUNATE to have this era upon us

With all the doom and gloom that is being projected with the Eurovision performance - I just wanted to point this out: 

We are in the midst of a truly amazing Madonna era with

- an intriguing persona

- terrific visuals

- Medellin video and Crave video on the way (even before the album is released) 

- awesome BBMA performance

- controversial Eurovision performance that has got people talking 

- terrific songs that sound fresh that have potential to expand her audience

- UK Vogue (and who knows what else coming up.... ? )

- upcoming tour

- and the album has not even been released! 

Compare this to other older performers such as Mariah/Janet - and their non-existent and utterly bland eras! 

Compared to how quiet MNation had become - I am soooo enjoying all the discussions, opinions, disappointments, celebration and anticipation. Truly a time to enjoy being a Madge fan!! 

What's next beautiful M fans ?

We have a whole month before Madame X drops there must be a reason why M chose a month to release following the massive exposure of Eurovision.

What has she got up her sleeve ?

TV spots in America and Europe to promote ? The music video for Crave? A video for Dark Ballet? Will we finally see the theatre video with the queens ? Will she be revealed as this years gay pride headliner ? Is there a documentary on its way on Netflix? Anymore magazine covers for this era ?

One things for sure this era has only just got started. Exciting times ahead ......

Just now, Confessit said:

We have a whole month before Madame X drops there must be a reason why M chose a month to release following the massive exposure of Eurovision.

TV spots in America and Europe to promote ? The music video for Crave? A video for Dark Ballet? Will we finally see the theatre video with the queens ? Will she be revealed as this years gay pride headliner ? Is there a documentary on its way on Netflix? Anymore magazine covers for this era ?

One things for sure this era has only just got started. Exciting times ahead ......

At a complete minimum we have the Crave music video soon and Dark Ballet out on June 7. I'd guess more traditional promo (talkshows, a performance or two) around the album release. 

Guest JDNA
17 minutes ago, stevo208 said:

Amen. 

Also, Dark Ballet sounds like it's going to blow us all away

Amen to that

Every era, I think about stuff saying they should've done this, should've done that etc.

Loving all the planned promo stuff, in total shock and pleasantly surprised as to when and how the tour was announced, wasn't expecting it being then, thought maybe after Eurovision performance or something. The surprise no show at Met Gala.

I was speaking to friends, saying I wish she does less venues like DWT dates in Europe and do more residency style shows, was thinking would be great is if she does 3000-5000 size venues like Beacons Theatre in NYC, Royal Albert Hall in London, Sydney Opera House etc.  Wasn't expecting her to do such small and intimate venues.

Im trying to not let all the negative backlash she's getting, get me down.   The harder M tries, the more people say she's being desperate, but fuck all the negative bullshit, so much is going on right now, maybe too much for my brain to process.

Hopefully the backlash could lead to better shows for us.  Many artist say they write more are more creative when they are down or going through hard times, with this backlash and BS hopefully it just makes M more stronger and creative. 

I remember the backlash during Sex/Erotica era and we got the great Girlie Show as a result.

In 2004 we got  RIT, if you like that Greatest hit show or not  it was could've been done as damage control for the backlash to American Life. I don't expect a greatest hits set every time, but it was nice we got that then.

I'm not one of those fans, that just likes what's M does because she is M, but I'm loving the marketing campaign and build up for the album this era.  Feels like it's been around for ages and we still ain't heard the album, got months to wait for the tour and how knows what else Madame X has up her sleeve or down her pants .......

So true. :thumbsup: Not everyone is going to enjoy everything Madonna's putting out (nor do they need to), but we're so lucky that she's still releasing music and performing at all.

3 hours ago, Confessit said:

Yes, a wonderful album and era is upon us. This is just the beginning and I love it! 

This has been her best album rollout since Ray of Light, showcasing different sides of the project bit by bit. I've loved each and every song that's been released so far + Soltera. She's given us two radically different performances. We have multiple formats to choose from in order to buy the album. I'm completely hyped.

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks

Madonna-Rebel-Heart-tour-Nun-Outfit-2.jp

I stand as Madonna stands.  As a fan, I let the criticisms, negativity and "backlash" roll off my back.  I take note, and might comment on it, but like Madonna, I only let it make me stronger as a fan, and I only love Madonna even more.  We all know Madonna is a big girl.  She knows she's going to get shit thrown at her, but one of the things I love about Madonna is that she perseveres.  The negativity and criticism only drive her to go forth and succeed even more.   Quoting the Queen of Pop: "Don't you ever, ever, ever, ever tell meeeee.... to stop!"

1 hour ago, Amelia said:

Madonna-Rebel-Heart-tour-Nun-Outfit-2.jp

I stand as Madonna stands.  As a fan, I let the criticisms, negativity and "backlash" roll off my back.  I take note, and might comment on it, but like Madonna, I only let it make me stronger as a fan, and I only love Madonna even more.  We all know Madonna is a big girl.  She knows she's going to get shit thrown at her, but one of the things I love about Madonna is that she perseveres.  The negativity and criticism only drive her to go forth and succeed even more.   Quoting the Queen of Pop: "Don't you ever, ever, ever, ever tell meeeee.... to stop!"

Yes - love the fact that she does not play it safe, does not rest on her laurels and keeps pushing! 

She is a musician 

She is a provocateur

She is a visual artist 

She is not perfect

She is sometimes tired and fatigued

She gives it her all 

She is unafraid to disrupt the system 

She is a feminist, a humanist, a rebel, a lover, and a voice for peace

She is Madame X! 

Love this thread @air1975!!

It felt like the era would never get here. Now, it's a little over a month into it and it feels like we've heard and seen so much yet we haven't even been served the main course yet. Already it's one of her most inspired and fully developed concepts she's ever done, very curious to see how the other characters develop. It's amazing that she continues to deliver at this level this far into her career. 

19 hours ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

this era is FANTASTIC

The music has been amazing. The costumes have been amazing. My enthusiasm hasn’t dropped one inch. Gonna be a happy day when I get the full album.