Australia's shock election result

45 minutes ago, Leebf said:

She's a racist biggot and i hate her. In the 90s she hated asians. Then it was Muslims, now its the left wing and loss of freedom of speech (i.e. not being allowed to say racist and bigotry things with out repercussion).

Bingo.

I'm no fan of the PC shit, but it's easy to see that a majority of these 'free speech' rants are really about a big portion of society that's having a tantrum that they can't get away with these sorts of old derogatory sentiments like they used to. Ironically, it's the actual exercise of free speech that gets them into the hot seat in the first place.

• 3 months later...

So ashamed having this excuse for a human leading our country.  New South Wales and Queensland are burning in bushfires in early December - only the start of Summer - and this heartless man is not talking about bushfires because of fear of his inaction on climate change being brought up  but instead talking of a bill to give religions more power to discriminate.  The same leader who talks of unfunded empathy and has voted to get rid of penalty rates and against marriage equality at every vote.  Hang your head in shame Australia - we voted this party in.,  So angry with politics.  

This cartoon says it all.  Australia is on  fire,  Sydney is full of smoke but let's talk about Freedom of religion and giving people more power to discriminate instead. 

@San  -  Know you feel the same.  How did he get in ?  

it truly is heartbreaking to see our beautiful country burning to ruin and Scott Morrison doing NOTHING. He has spoken more about the volcanic eruption in NZ than about the bushfires in this country. It is so very depressing...

On 12/12/2019 at 4:25 AM, MadFan said:

On 12/12/2019 at 7:49 AM, VogueMusic said:

When have right-wingers ever not had a disdain for the arts...

Madfan and VogueMusic - this is the cretin that is our PM.  The day he and his right wing government won the election that everyone thought they had no chance in,  was a day of shock and sad realisation of what was ahead.  He proves it all the time - as so many knew he would. 

I can't even believe the state of things here. How are the majority of voters in this country conservative leaning...I can't get my head around it. Damn fools!

Just when you thought Tony Abbott was the worst it can get!

I think Scott Morrison is way more dangerous than Abbott. For one thing, he's smarter at hiding his sociopath ways - a few months ago, it was reported that he'd hired 'empathy consultants', to help him sound sympathetic and convincing when talking to people.

On 14 December 2019 at 5:52 AM, Bitch I'm Christian said:

I think Scott Morrison is way more dangerous than Abbott. For one thing, he's smarter at hiding his sociopath ways - a few months ago, it was reported that he'd hired 'empathy consultants', to help him sound sympathetic and convincing when talking to people.

For sure. He has the exact same policies, ideology and ideas as Abbott and Dutton but puts on this dumb, daggy, all dopey " Scomo" persona that is suppose to be like the everyday Dad etc. Yet, for years he has voted  for the rich and elite in parliament votes, against climate change actions, against increasing benefits and has secret meetings with Murdoch. He has already shown his true colours with giving back power to religious groups to discriminate and merging the arts department so that they will have little importance. I bet he will cut more millions from the ABC in the next budget.  He is trying now to get rid of Union powers which will lead to corporations and share holders having the power to treat their staff how they want and cut wages etc.  

I was hoping Dutton would have taken over because at least people were aware of what he stood for and many would of not voted fir him.  Scomo talking of unfunded empathy with smugness and no compassion says it all. He is a sociopath and his actions prove it.  A true wolf in Sheep's clothing. No wonder so many moderates in the Libs quit. Says it all. 

On 12/10/2019 at 4:55 AM, Jazzy Jan said:

These pictures break my heart.  This is only December - early Summer.  How is Australia going to cope in the hottest months of the year in  January, Feb and March. 

ImageImage

On 12/10/2019 at 5:07 AM, Jazzy Jan said:

Sydney - look at the difference.  :cries:  Australian politicians  - wake up 

Truly heartbreaking Jan... I am crying - what can be done? How can it be prevented? This is absolutely terrible, I am so sorry and feel powerless 😞

9 hours ago, LSD said:

I find it so alarming that a government could introduce a new law that creates a right to discriminate (both to actually discriminate in terms of employment etc, but also a right to say things that are offensive and hurtful). I thought government's were supposed to protect its people, not help in oppressing them....

I find it strange that ScoMo always bangs on about being a Christian - has he not read the * where all Jesus ever talks about is giving to the poor and helping the most needy in the community, and treating everyone (EVERYONE) with kindness. He certainly does not practice what he claims to believe.

Ugh don't get me started on this mess of a government. Every day i get more upset with how hopeless they are.

At least people are starting to wake up. We had a protest in Sydney on Wednesday about climate change and 30k people showed up which is great.

Living in Sydney has been so bad the last month with all the smoke. I suffer from bad sinus problems so i have been really unwell the last few weeks. I could even smell smoke in my office building you cant escape it. You constantly feel it in your throat.

Meanwhile our idiot leader is only focused on religious discrimination amd he is determined to pass laws basically allowing religious people to discriminate against minorities and other religious communities instead of trying to stop the distruction of nsw due to the fires. Not only has so much land been lost, homes and human lives as well we have lost whole communities of koalas and other native animals. It makes me so sad.

Now he is busy having dinners with Murdoch and his cult religious leader from Hillsong and sticking up for 'quiet Australians' i.e. the bigots who want the minorities to stay silent so they can keep spewing their hate without repercussions.

I really hope his 'religious freedom' bill doesn't get through if it does it will open up a whole Pandora box of problems. It will be a nightmare for HR at work, businesses could refuse to serve people, all the charities that are religiously run same as hospital's could exclude to help people in need or who are ill who are not recognosed by their religion like the LGBT community. 

8 hours ago, Gaudet said:

Truly heartbreaking Jan... I am crying - what can be done? How can it be prevented? This is absolutely terrible, I am so sorry and feel powerless 😞

Thanks Gaudet. :kiss2:

It is indeed frightening and horrible.  The fact our own government has no great need to properly address it as well is just obscene.  

Not only horrific for all of our citizens and way of life and health but also for the beautiful animals that we are so lucky to have here in Australia.   

Another heart breaking picture. 

No photo description available.

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

Brilliant! This is quite simple. Why don't the 'right' Fucking understand this. Why are the stupid and greedy the majority. How is this real life. SMDH 😭