Madonna's CONTROVERSIAL & SHOW-STOPPING Eurovision performance

6 minutes ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

I thought she did just fine 

I mean, remember the VMAs ROL performance?

I agree. It was an Ok performance with a strong political message that she successfully conveyed. Honestly she has sounded worse in other LAP performances. In my opinion, she sounded decent with few shaky and pitchy notes, but she probably had hard time hearing herself or she was nervous. 

6 minutes ago, JWAD said:

Has the performance made any impact on any of the new singles, Like A Prayer or her greatest hits compilations?

Future hasn't really climbed at all on iTunes. Just on a few select European countries. A waste of promo.

2 minutes ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

I thought she did just fine 

I mean, remember the VMAs ROL performance?

She was on fire in that, very electrifying, her energy was stunning. At the Eurovision, she sounded bad (LAP) while barely moved and the music was poor as well. I wish she only did "Future" and some other hit, NOT the tired overplayed LAP.

1 minute ago, Rebel Saviour said:

I agree. It was an Ok performance with a strong political message that she successfully conveyed. Honestly she sounded worse in other LAP performances.

the only thing I didn't like honestly was the boring 'choreo'

I mean she just went down  those stairs turned around danced with that idiot and went up the stage again,

I mean really :lol:

but come on, if we are being technical her LAP performance on BAT even if it sounds awesome was not  'perfect' either.

I don't really understand the hysteria

8 minutes ago, JWAD said:

Has the performance made any impact on any of the new singles, Like A Prayer or her greatest hits compilations?

B6C38DB6-1B3E-4128-B499-7067DBCAA3BB.jpeg

7208D2E3-629E-49C8-BAFC-99700C663635.jpeg

Just now, nobelson said:

Future hasn't really climbed at all on iTunes. Just on a few select European countries. A waste of promo.

Are we surprised it's another case of GMAYL I'm afraid....an average song at a massive event. But she chose it not because it's the best cut from the album, of course there's gonna much much better on the album than Future for fucksake, it was chosen because it fit the message.

A better song could of used the same imagery and been exectuted,  mind. 

But this era is more about artistry and messages than the old skool way of thinking commercial thinking etc. 

35 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

By the way, the "end of her career" article on Spiegel Online is currently the most read on their website. I bet similar articles around the globe will celebrate equal achievements. Do you see the pattern? The sad thing though, one should expect more from Spiegel Online than the Daily Fail. But I guess, Left and Right are not that different when they see an easy target to attack. 

Just saw that… the article about Madonna's career ending performance is not only the most read, but also the most commented and most discussed article on Spiegel Online... and that is by far the biggest news website in Germany. It is certainly getting lots of press and it is also boosting Future in the charts. Here is the current German iTunes update:

1 +86 - Duncan Laurence - Arcade (Eurovision Netherlands)
2 -1 - Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber - I Don't Care
3 +10 - Sarah Connor - Vincent
4 +187 - Mahmood - Soldi (Eurovision Italy)
5 +42 - Luca Hänni - She Got Me (Eurovision Switzerland)
6 +168 - Keiino - Spirit in the Sky (Eurovision Norway)
7 -4 - Johannes Oerding - An guten Tagen
8 -6 - Shirin David - Fliegst Du mit
9 -4 - Billie Eilish - bad guy
10 -6 - Samra & Capital Bra - Wieder Lila
11 +65 - Madonna & Quavo - Future
12 -5 - Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved

So at least it gets the people talking and Future higher in the charts… at least something… I am off now… blasting SOLTERA... that tune is so infectious! 😄

6 minutes ago, JWAD said:

Future

iTunes:
#2 Slovenia (NE)
#3 Belarus (NE)
#11 France (+23)
#11 Germany (+65)
#14 Poland (NE)
#15 Greece (-4)
#15 Sweden (+28)
#17 Spain (+19)
#18 Norway (+57)
#22 Denmark (+120)
#26 Austria (+40)
#28 Italy (-7)
#53 Belgium (+56)
#78 Turkey (NE)
#79 Russia (+180)
#143 France (+350)
#157 Malta (NE)
#179 Belarus (NE)
#187 Turkey (NE)

Apple Music:
#57 Greece (+34)
#135 Malta (NE)
#137 Poland (+4)
#157 Sweden (+244)
#179 Italy (+8)
#190 Bulgaria (-65)
#204 Norway (NE)
#227 Finland (+62)
#227 Spain (+89)
#279 Germany (+61)
#290 Luxembourg (+192)
#302 Austria (+81)
#342 Denmark (NE)
#349 Belgium (+59)
#438 Russia (NE)

Medellín

iTunes:
#13 Italy (-1)
#35 Spain (+13)
#50 Belarus (-22)
#63 Germany (+15)
#69 Norway (NE)
#110 France (-32)
#141 Turkey (NE)
#146 Bulgaria (-59)
#179 Italy (-97)
#200 France (+215)
#211 Russia (NE)
#297 Belgium (-29)

Apple Music:
#32 Italy (+2)
#36 Bulgaria (-2)
#49 Poland (+10)
#56 Greece (+23)
#74 Portugal (+23)
#99 Cyprus (+28)
#103 Spain (+19)
#133 Malta (-4)
#148 Slovenia (+21)
#155 Hungary (+45)
#176 Norway (+72)
#178 Romania (+4)
#206 Sweden (+26)
#277 Finland (+16)
#347 Belgium (+4)
#380 Denmark (NE)
#421 Turkey (-24)
#423 Germany (+46)
#433 Austria (NE)
#473 France (+15)

Album: Madame X

Apple Music:
#4 Greece (=)
#8 Poland (-1)
#8 Portugal (+1)
#8 Spain (+2)
#9 Sweden (+2)
#10 Malta (+9)
#12 Bulgaria (+1)
#12 Italy (=)
#12 Norway (+6)
#14 Russia (+5)
#15 Cyprus (+65)
#15 Finland (-1)
#16 Slovenia (+5)
#17 Germany (+6)
#18 Belgium (+5)
#21 Denmark (+10)
#22 Latvia (+9)
#22 Ukraine (+9)
#27 Turkey (-1)
#35 France (-1)
#37 Slovakia (-4)
#38 Austria (-2)
#38 Romania (-16)
#43 Moldova (NE)
#98 Belarus (-7)

Like a Prayer

Apple Music:
#407 Norway (NE)
#497 Sweden (NE)

Album: Celebration

iTunes:
#48 Switzerland (+402)
#52 Greece (-3)
#74 Hungary (-4)
#78 Germany (+211)
#83 Poland (+10)
#88 Russia (+412)
#92 Norway (-3)
#95 Spain (+24)
#105 Belgium (+31)
#128 Finland (+8)
#135 Malta (+2)
#154 Italy (+16)
#164 Poland (+1)
#171 Hungary (+3)
#177 Latvia (-2)
#286 France (+32)
#433 Austria (+32)
Apple Music:
#388 Spain (NE)
#398 Norway (NE)
#481 Italy (-4)

Album: The Immaculate Collection

iTunes:
#29 Italy (+41)
#127 France (NE)

Album: Hard Candy

iTunes:
#82 Finland (+6)
#135 Sweden (+4)
#179 Denmark (+9)
#289 Belgium (+28)
#308 Italy (+13)
Apple Music:
#263 Luxembourg (+192)

Album: Ray of Light

iTunes:

Apple Music:
#123 Hungary (NE)
#263 Sweden (NE)
#480 Denmark (NE)

Album: Confessions on a Dance Floor

iTunes:
#266 Italy (+14)
#333 Austria (+4)
#384 Belgium (+26)
#458 France (+26)

United Kingdom

iTunes:
30. Future 
73. Medellín 
138. Soltera
157. Like a Prayer
185. Crave
246. Medellín
316. I Rise
356. Like a Prayer
562. Like a Prayer
636. Vogue
953. La Isla Bonita
1197. True Blue
1243. Papa Don't Preach
1244. Material Girl
1261. Holiday
1400. Future
1479. Hung Up

Apple Music:
537. Medellín
701. Future
1336. Crave

iTunes Albums:
22. Celebration 
26. The Immaculate Collection 
110. Like a Prayer
187. True Blue
197. Ray of Light
204. Something to Remember
267. Madonna
359. Celebration
397. Like a Virgin
428. Bedtime Stories
543. Confessions on a Dance Floor
732. Erotica
788. You Can Dance
794. Music
854. Hard Candy
1320. Rebel Heart

Apple Music Albums:
21. Madame X 
339. The Immaculate Collection
604. Celebration
1045. Ray of Light
1196. True Blue

I finally got around to watching the performance and I...liked it...a lot? From what I’ve seen online more media articles are focusing on the Palestinian flag than anything and, honestly, I think that is what Madonna wanted. 

Choose peace and love over negativity and hate. ❤️🏻

12 minutes ago, Rebel Saviour said:

TG1 (the main italian newscast) was neutral talking about the political message of the performance. It seems there's no backlash here in Italy, thank god...

Italy loves Madonna, always have. Maybe she should forget about the UK dates at the Palladium with its shitty acoustic and go to Italy instead - La Fenice in Venice would be outstanding.

10 minutes ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

the only thing I didn't like honestly was the boring 'choreo'

I mean she just went down  those stairs turned around danced with that idiot and went up the stage again,

I mean really :lol:

but come on, if we are being technical her LAP performance on BAT even if it sounds awesome was not  'perfect' either.

I don't really understand the hysteria

I would have loved more dancing too  but I guess her heavy costume didn't help her.

15 minutes ago, DanM said:

I am still not over the Dark Ballet interlude with the Nutcracker sample. Mirwais is a genius!

One the highlights, definitely. 

33 minutes ago, Andra said:

Was is a bad performance? No. Was it EPIC like her fans and the rest of the world expected it would be? No again unfortunately, and that was she NEEDED to deliver at a show of this magnitude. It was just OK.                  For whatever reason she was out of tune and had vocal issues during LAP, that combined with the arrangement of the song killed the performance instantly. I liked the theatrical dark ballet speech in the middle, and I'm sorry but I feel like she has some reinventing to do in the way she moves and does things on stage in a TV performance(not necesarily on tour!), the grabbing and pushing dancers, the sitting down on one knee etc are over done moves and they need to go.

The Future performance was good, i enjoyed it... but the public doesn't care for the song, so that fell flat as well.

My thoughts at the end was relief over her not falling on the stairs, great controversial message and visuals, an OK show, that I wished she didn't repeat the Met Gala performance and used the original LAP song instead. My bf liked it, my friends liked it as well... Then I saw she's trending on twitter and went to see what ppl said, and it ruined my whole evening.

Thankfully the complete and utter disaster of the Game of Thrones finale tonight is going to overshadow this.

I want to share this gorgeous clip of FUTURE again!

Eurovision is a full of jealous. look at the latest post on the official eurovision instagram. they are hating on each other. poor the winner. no respect.

Edited by fandonna

I admit to being upset about the online reaction, and have felt bad since it all started. I haven’t let it get me totally down though. Madonna is a human being and always tries her best. She’s put herself out there on the big stage and has chosen to continue her career much to my delight. Sometimes things go against you. But in times of hardship you need to support your friends more than ever. To put an arm around them. Some didn’t like her vocals on LAP. Okay, so what? This isn’t a death in the family, it’s just a song being performed. Nothing changes about Madonna or her career. 

Just now, mtsanis said:

i think everyone needs to calm down... lol

this is what social media has done to us all.

100% social media has made everyone believe their experience of something is fact. Also it’s made everyone far more critical, your more likely to see someone drag someone hard than like something, unless it’s over a thirsty selfie 

57 minutes ago, Andra said:

Was it a bad performance? No. Was it EPIC like her fans and the rest of the world expected it would be? No again unfortunately, and that was she NEEDED to deliver at a show of this magnitude. It was just OK.                  For whatever reason she was out of tune and had vocal issues during LAP, that combined with the arrangement of the song killed the performance instantly. I liked the theatrical dark ballet speech in the middle, and I'm sorry but I feel like she has some reinventing to do in the way she moves and does things on stage in a TV performance(not necesarily on tour!), the grabbing and pushing dancers, the sitting down on one knee etc are over done moves and they need to go.

The Future performance was good, i enjoyed it... but the public doesn't care for the song, so that fell flat as well.

My thoughts at the end was relief over her not falling on the stairs, great controversial message and visuals, an OK show, that I wished she didn't repeat the Met Gala performance and used the original LAP song instead. My bf liked it, my friends liked it as well... Then I saw she's trending on twitter and went to see what ppl said, and it ruined my whole evening.

Thankfully the complete and utter disaster of the Game of Thrones finale tonight is going to overshadow this.

🙏🏼

7 minutes ago, mtsanis said:

i think everyone needs to calm down... lol

this is what social media has done to us all.

I blame Iceland. FOR EVERYTHING.

She should've done a nice medley of her biggest hits and then brought Maluma on stage for Medellin...thing is even if she wanted to do that, she wouldn't have had enough time. You're gonna tell me "but the political message, but the controversy", well she shouldn't have to sacrifice good music in order to deliver a message. And if you're gonna do that then it better be fucking epic and controversial and just huge. I didn't even notice the flags in the first watch.

The performance was just uneventful- and when you set the bar so high, and it doesn't reach that level, that's going to incite a "riot," so to speak. Though I enjoyed the LAP at the Met Gala more, even though it was the same arrangement.

On another note- many expect a joyous, uplifting performance of LAP every time. However, she was performing it in a location where it's not currently joyous and uplifting, given the situation with Palestine. Coincidence? I think not.

Saw it finally. Loved it. I didn't think it was bad at all. Not sure why everyone is saying it was bad. I guess they all wanted an epic dance spectacle. But this is not what she wamted to do here. She wanted to make a  statement and boy did she.

I really watched the performance and not just her. God there was so many messages in the performance. So smart. The atomic bomb scene where she blows everyone down and then the screens show a burnt and destroyed world. Apocalyptic disaster. She is so clever in her images to show the point she is trying to get across. So many subtle hints and  nods throughout. 

Ugh so annoyed such a great message about changing our ways and uniting the world and not fighting and destroying it was missed due to all the negativity. But as i said earlier the powers that be wanted to distract people from the amazing message.

Wake up indeed.