Madonna's CONTROVERSIAL & SHOW-STOPPING Eurovision performance

3 minutes ago, micro_03 said:

I loved it 

like a prayer ok but I didn’t liked met like a prayer 

Future was fire 

and she looked beautiful 

but i hate the German press

i will not read this garbage 

The only press that matters when it comes to entertainment is the USA press, like it or not. 

tons of hate comments on her instagram make me huh.... i think blacklash is going to be even bigger tomorrow... what a nightmare

2 minutes ago, Sky Fits Heaven said:

:thumbsup:

(And yes, I’ve watched IGTTYAS ... actually, with all the Eurovision rumors — will she, won’t she? — I kept hearing the voice of M on the staircase toward the end of the RIT wrap party when she calls to everyone downstairs: “Wait! I have an idea! Let’s all go to Israel tomorrow!” Haha!)

I feel like I've watched something else....I actually LOVED it and thought I'd be reading more praise tbh

Like a Prayer felt more like an "intro" before the reveal and my only complaint would be Quavo's lack of presence, those few seconds of him doing his part felt like an eternity.

Madonna was great, the spoken part, the visuals, the moves, the message, the BALLS, it gave me goosebumps.

I'm also having difficulty believing how STUNNING she looks and the outfit was amazing

Eurovision-2019-Madonna-1129065.jpg?r=15

❤️

1 minute ago, fandonna said:

tons of hate comments on her instagram make me huh.... i think blacklash is going to be even bigger tomorrow... what a nightmare

She already has a post for that: “Madame X hears no evil.”

Just now, fandonna said:

No nightmares here. You can't help it if people are feeling hateful.  I SAY POOR THEM. I'M HAVING FUN WITH MADAME X HERE, AND SO SHOULD YOU. 

1 minute ago, coco said:

I feel like I've watched something else....I actually LOVED it and thought I'd be reading more praise tbh

Like a Prayer felt more like an "intro" before the reveal and my only complaint would be Quavo's lack of presence, those few seconds of him doing his part felt like an eternity.

Madonna was great, the spoken part, the visuals, the moves, the message, the BALLS, it gave me goosebumps.

I'm also having difficulty believing how STUNNING she looks and the outfit was amazing

Eurovision-2019-Madonna-1129065.jpg?r=15

❤️

YES, AND YES AND YES TO THAT.

2 minutes ago, side_streets said:

The only press that matters when it comes to entertainment is the USA press, like it or not. 

No. USA press has absolutely ZERO impact in the rest of the world. The impact comes from national media and especially local news. 

Is this going to get uploaded officially on YouTube at all? I doubt Eurovision will upload it and if they did those snowflakes would remove the interlude and flags. Madonna needs to upload this in full! Wake up!

34 minutes ago, Ven Conmigo said:

Well I can’t believe I just read this entire dreary thread beginning to end now. :wacko: I watched it before reading the reactions and don’t get the massive negativity AT ALL.

I know. This hysteria needs to stop soon. 

Oh well, more Madame X Tour tickets for rest of us ..

I think most people can understand that you cant Sing well all the time, so that bad press is bullshit. People dont buy albums or go to concerts because the singer is good, but because they like his or her songs. 

What about that costume? I don't see a huge problem with her voice really, but that costume was such a mess and it's by JPG!!! CMON LEGENDARY JPG!!!

Support M on social media!!!

Ok last post and then I'm out of this place (it's not personal cuz I love everyone here, I just REALLY love Madonna and I really want to enjoy an album cycle  on my own terms without anyone's opinions clouding my vibe).

Guys, remember 2015? From beginning to end, the absolute worst possible things happening. The whole album leaked, Living For Love was her first real bomb, she literally got yanked off stage by her neck at the Brits, she got publicly humiliated by the useless Drake, she released Bitch I'm Madonna (ok, maybe that is just a personal gripe), she performed with the dreadful Taylor Swift, and then she capped the year off by having a VERY PRIVATE family issue used against her in the press.

We survived that, we can survive ONE polarizing perf (imagine if this was like Wetten Daas or something, we'd all think it was terrific :rotfl:)! Cmon guys, get it together!! More videos are coming, she's gonna bring the house down at NY pride, the album is probably gonna knock our sox off, and she's gonna go on a really unique tour doing things she's never done.

I hate seeing some of you guys so crestfallen. Just take a time out from the internet. I do it all the time. I feel much better when I do. AND MY GOD, PLEASE never read the comments!!! Comments are a cesspool for everyone. Look at the way ppl treat Katy Perry, or Hillary Clinton. There are other women who get dragged similarly. It's natural to focus on negativity, it's just human nature. Sometimes you just gotta get rid of the triggers. ❤️ 

34 minutes ago, Hobbit said:

you can't defend the indefensible, this was a wasted opportunity, shes's been doing this job for 40 years and she has been singing LAP for thirty years, it's not acceptable. She had to sing 4 minutes and everything was wrong. it can happen but it is useless to distort reality

Yep. I was at a party for Eurovision and everyone there said it was boring. I don't agree with this but it was a missed opportunity and the version of Like A Prayer was dire. Loved the message, loved the flags, liked her costume, hated the grillz, hated the eye patch. 6/10

She is so audacious. So fearless. And that is why they criticize her. The interlude is simply to die for. 

5 hours ago, Bette Davis Dub said:

Madonna should have known that everyone in the audience knows the disputes in the Middle East. That's why they wanted to celebrate and enjoy a time without war and violence together - and without pictures of violence and gas masks.

Maybe YOU should know who Madonna is because you are clearly clueless by the condescending post you have made. Bye!

2 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

Ok last post and then I'm out of this place (it's not personal cuz I love everyone here, I just REALLY love Madonna and I really want to enjoy an album cycle  on my own terms without anyone's opinions clouding my vibe).

Guys, remember 2015? From beginning to end, the absolute worst possible things happening. The whole album leaked, Living For Love was her first real bomb, she literally got yanked off stage by her neck at the Brits, she got publicly humiliated by the useless Drake, she released Bitch I'm Madonna (ok, maybe that is just a personal gripe), she performed with the dreadful Taylor Swift, and then she capped the year off by having a VERY PRIVATE family issue used against her in the press.

We survived that, we can survive ONE polarizing perf (imagine if this was like Wetten Daas or something, we'd all think it was terrific :rotfl:)! Cmon guys, get it together!! More videos are coming, she's gonna bring the house down at NY pride, the album is probably gonna knock our sox off, and she's gonna go on a really unique tour doing things she's never done.

I hate seeing some of you guys so crestfallen. Just take a time out from the internet. I do it all the time. I feel much better when I do. AND MY GOD, PLEASE never read the comments!!! Comments are a cesspool for everyone. Look at the way ppl treat Katy Perry, or Hillary Clinton. There are other women who get dragged similarly. It's natural to focus on negativity, it's just human nature. Sometimes you just gotta get rid of the triggers. ❤️ 

+1 my thoughts

3 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

Great post

5 minutes ago, Ven Conmigo said:

Is this going to get uploaded officially on YouTube at all? I doubt Eurovision will upload it and if they did those snowflakes would remove the interlude and flags. Madonna needs to upload this in full! Wake up!

I hope so but I wonder if her team is editing the footage (maybe throwing in better rehearsal vox :nocomment: before it's up..)

I have friends at home. It is therefore with 12 hours late that I watched  this performance and I don’t see the disaster announced in this thread. The performance is just flat and not very energetic. No epic disaster here. Again, the excess of dramatic superlatives distorts reality.

Just now, karbatal said:

No. USA press has absolutely ZERO impact in the rest of the world. The impact comes from national media and especially local news. 

When it cones to movies, tv shows and music the USA is the country that makes trends and the rest of the world just follows, but I'm OK with that. It's jut the way it is. The Avengers, Game of Thrones are the most obvious examples. 

Lighten up people! Madonna will be fine. It's not the worst thing that could have happened to her. I never like the idea of her going to Eurovision, but that's my opinion because I really don't feel that competition and fake message about the unity. Take ex Yugoslavia for example; if somebody gave guns to people in Serbia, Bosnia, Kosovo and Croatia they would be able to start another war. Sorry for being negative. ♥️

Whatever happened yesterday, she is trending in Amsterdam (and most of the Netherlands) since last night. Even though NL won the ESF, its M they talk about! It may not be positive attention but the woman surely does get noticed. 

12 minutes ago, miki said:

The interlude is simply to die for. 

THE INTERLUDE WAS OMG FREAKING EVERYTHAAAAAAAAAAAAANGGGG!!!!

Did you guys notice the that the newly shot interlude footage was shot is in Portugal? Did you notice her veiled face?

14 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

AMEN. And I may join you on the internet hiatus.

6 hours ago, Mensch said:

I thought they cut to the light design to avoid showing that shot of the church upside down 

its to like the Super Bowl all over again (when they tried panning our and blurring the show of MIA’s middle finger but missed it) lmfao

Thanks @Peter and @Mensch for the clarification! 

@Mensch That’s what I thought! It definitely read like censorship, but I hadn’t picked up on what they were cutting away from. 

🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼