Madonna's CONTROVERSIAL & SHOW-STOPPING Eurovision performance

This was in Israel, this performance was always going to be political and not a big gay orgy celebration. She could have easily given us Music and Medellin, but chose to use the platform to make a message. LAP sounded fine to me, vocally it's the same as she ever has been. Future did seem out of place and live vocoder always sounds terrible, Quavo looked like he just wanted to go to bed... but I am glad she chose to use her platform the way she did. Not her best by far, but not the complete disaster the "under 100 posts" brigade are making it out to be. 

Another day, another drama on Madonnanation!

2 minutes ago, Kilt said:

I'm disappointed in some of the replies here. It's clearly a cold shower to some of you that she won't catter to you like Kylie or Cher. It's not gonna get any prettier from now on.

Cute. Met Gala perf was great. This wasn't. So the explanation is?....

8 minutes ago, Starman said:

Disagree

Shes being judged by HER choices

A flat version of LAP and a terrible song like future with an homofobic rapper at an Event thats about campiness, cheerfullness and music. Messy staging, no idea what was hapenning and being lost in her own performance

it was an Ok performance for every other award show but A real missed opportunity.

She said she was inspired by world music in this album... I see nothing of that... clearly she couldnt give a shit about the event itself.

we could have had a great 

I agree that the version of like a prayer wasn't good.... but yes overall just missed opportunity. It should've been what the superbowl was....

But we still dont know anything about the album so you could change your mind after the release 

1 minute ago, Living For Love said:

The live vocoder is what I hated 

Errmmm no fuck no. THAT is how the song is supposed to be presented. Bash the karaoke LAP all you want but don't fucking come for my FUTURE. 

17 minutes ago, promise to try said:

so:

she sounded off key during like a prayer, which is surprising, becasue she usually nails the song. It seems to me that she started getting nervous while she was singing ans he lost her own key.sad, because now everbody will be saying she has lost her voice etc..

That's what I thought.  She seemed very insecure and it was obvious that she had problems with the sound in her in-ears.  She should finally resolve these constant problems with her sound team consistently.

1 minute ago, Bette Davis Dub said:

it was obvious that she had problems with the sound in her in-ears.  She should finally resolve these constant problems with her sound team consistently.

🤣

4 minutes ago, Bette Davis Dub said:

That's what I thought.  She seemed very insecure and it was obvious that she had problems with the sound in her in-ears.  She should finally resolve these constant problems with her sound team consistently.

Bitch please

its fukcing LAP she has sang 100s of tines

Some of the comments on here reek worse than Lady Gaga's Pussy. I thought she looked and sounded great! This wasn't a gay pride performance and if you wanted a basic by-the-numbers dance performance, look up has been Minogue.

15 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

If you look at her television performances (for the most part) vs her tour performance, it's like night and day. I can understand why the general public might think she's not a good singer or performer. She rarely puts on a TV performance as good as her tour performances. It's frustrating because we all know what she is capable of. I've seen many stories of fans taking friends and family to a Madonna concert and them being blown away. It's a shame the general public (again, for the most part) have not experienced that.

That's it:  I know she can sing perfectly and watched the show with my friends and family. Unfortunately I had to agree with them, when everyone said that she sang terrible.

1 minute ago, Stephen said:

That was ballsy and SO Madonna! 

Kim go blow a horn my god :lol: 

Lol if my restrained opinion is the only one that bothers you then...

1 minute ago, Kim said:

Lol if my restrained opinion is the only one that bothers you then...

I’m not even going back to read the others lmao 

So she was a bit off vocally it happens she hasn’t performed in quite a while her voice needs to get stronger again it happens but in no way does that diminish the performance.

So, just arriving, and I am fearing the worst. I’m going to try to find it online, but I am curious to know whether the uploaded version from Eurovision will be the full one — censored or edited in any way?

vocally it wasn't the best she's ever done but i didn't think it was "bad"

really enjoyed the aesthetic setup of the whole thing, though i think part of the reaction may be that people expected superbowl 2.0 and not a sombre/political statement.

13 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

If you look at her television performances (for the most part) vs her tour performance, it's like night and day. I can understand why the general public might think she's not a good singer or performer. She rarely puts on a TV performance as good as her tour performances. It's frustrating because we all know what she is capable of. I've seen many stories of fans taking friends and family to a Madonna concert and them being blown away. It's a shame the general public (again, for the most part) have not experienced that.

As someone who has seen her live over ten times, I kinda agree about the television performances compared to her concerts. 

I also wish that I can watch it again to get another feel for it. 

Watched it a few times now and love it even more, love her pimp walk and attitude in future so much, such swagger! Ah she is so cool

2 minutes ago, Carey said:

vocally it wasn't the best she's ever done but i didn't think it was "bad"

really enjoyed the aesthetic setup of the whole thing, though i think part of the reaction may be that people expected superbowl 2.0 and not a sombre/political statement.

Superbowl 2.0 would've been glorious. Alas we got Met Gala 2.0

You guys know I've been at a Eurovision party and have been so excited for this. I was underwhelmed. I'm so drunk I have to watch again but I felt sad