Madonna's CONTROVERSIAL & SHOW-STOPPING Eurovision performance

1 minute ago, ITG said:

Very eloquently put. Agreed 100%!

Peoples focus need to be elsewhere and not on trivial things.

Focusing on how LAP was musically murdered by a karaoke arrangement is definitely not "trivial". 

3 minutes ago, boy skeffington said:

This clip is fire. It's beautifully staged. 

Madonna comment to EW via her reps - A representative for Madonna provided EW with a photo of the performance (above) with a note that “a message of peace is not political.”

article here - 

https://ew.com/music/2019/05/18/madonna-eurovision-performance-israeli-palestinian-flag/

She proper bit back!!! Haha, I LOVE LOVE LOVE that she did this!!! 

2 minutes ago, Routa said:

Hmmh, I really don't know what to say. It just didn't work. It was dreadfully out of tune, weird and too dark. Certainly didn't fit Eurovision. I appreciate the message and intent, but it didn't work. Everybody in the party I was in pretty much hated it and even missed the message... 

My facebook feed and groups I'm in are spewing so much hatred towards her. Mostly focusing on vocals and lip synching.

1 minute ago, whyme? said:

My facebook feed and groups I'm in are spewing so much hatred towards her. Mostly focusing on vocals and lip synching.

howwww is it lip synching when they're criticising her vocals? 

1 minute ago, whyme? said:

Sadly this^^

Just now, Nikki said:

howwww is it lip synching when they're criticising her vocals? 

Criticizing her vocals in LAP and then her lip- synching in Future is what I think they mean??

17 minutes ago, Sloane said:

He was saying that he didn't much care for the performance and would've preferred Music or Hung Up. :angel:

sounds like a Kylie fan

4 minutes ago, whyme? said:

Stupid people will always find a way to bring her down, be it about her vocals, the way she looks etc. Us fans get her. We just get her art and what she is saying.

People have always something to complain about Madonna

If she does playback...better doing live

If she sing live (and we always know she hasn't a great voice)...better doing playback

If she make a message on the performance...better stay quite

If she's quiet about Israel x Plaestine....why not talk about?

I'm tired reading these things on the fanbase. 

Damn... I was so hyped for this performance. But it was really painful to watch. I am so disappointed. Like A Prayer was off and the arrangement totally flat.
The Future performance was mediocre, too much autotune. Sad to watch. What a missed opportunity. 😞 

I can only see negative stuff online

Even my friends were disappointed lol

But I was totally expecting that...  its seems that no matter what she will do and how it will always be a "disappointment"... its sucks but its reality 

it really does hurt me a little bit.. overall it's just seems like a wasted opportunity... but whatever I really need to let it go and not giving a fuck about this mess 

Those who say that her whole performance did not fit with Eurovision style - what does that even mean? Madonna does not fit into any preconceived mold. She does what she wants to do, how she wants it to fit with her own expression, with her own message, not yours or that of an event.

Unbelievable that some fans were expecting Madonna to be ... "conventional" - what a horror - to fit into someone else's agenda. You do not deserve Madonna.

Have the ww trends on twitter been showing up for y’all? They haven’t for me for the past couple days. I had to check on a website and this is what I found:

Via getdaytrends.com

1. #Eurovision (2,857,957)

2. Madonna (267,084)

is this accurate?

What is this "wasted opportunity" bullshit!!!!!!?????????

She didn't waste it AT ALL! Do any of you even know Madonna at all....seriously.

She put her message across plain and simple. It was not wasted!

I think that BORING is the best way to describe this performance. 

I mean, I don’t care if she was off key, if the arrangement was bad... but the energy was just not there. I think she was so conscious of herself, she tried so much too be good, that she was just off. 

Borefest.

Just now, Acediace said:

I can only see negative stuff online

Even my friends were disappointed lol

But I was totally expecting that...  its seems that no matter what she will do and how it will always be a "disappointment"... its sucks but its reality 

Disagree

Shes being judged by HER choices

A flat version of LAP and a terrible song like future with an homofobic rapper at an Event thats about campiness, cheerfullness and music. Messy staging, no idea what was hapenning and being lost in her own performance

it was an Ok performance for every other award show but A real missed opportunity.

She said she was inspired by world music in this album... I see nothing of that... clearly she couldnt give a shit about the event itself.

we could have had a great 

la isla- medellin- holiday type of performance that would keep her currently and still celebrates her past...

I'm disappointed in some of the replies here. It's clearly a cold shower to some of you that she won't catter to you like Kylie or Cher. It's not gonna get any prettier from now on.

3 minutes ago, Kilt said:

I'm disappointed in some of the replies here. It's clearly a cold shower to some of you that she won't catter to you like Kylie or Cher. It's not gonna get any prettier from now on.

yeh.. some needs to just move on... there's plenty are great artist out there 😃

11 minutes ago, pjcowley said:

Those who say that her whole performance did not fit with Eurovision style - what does that even mean? Madonna does not fit into any preconceived mold. She does what she wants to do, how she wants it to fit with her own expression, with her own message, not yours or that of an event.

Unbelievable that some fans were expecting Madonna to be ... "conventional" - what a horror - to fit into someone else's agenda. You do not deserve Madonna.

I may not like the LAP performance, but I agree with this - Madonna is not to be confined to a mould, a box. I will never be what the society expects me to be

If you look at her television performances (for the most part) vs her tour performance, it's like night and day. I can understand why the general public might think she's not a good singer or performer. She rarely puts on a TV performance as good as her tour performances. It's frustrating because we all know what she is capable of. I've seen many stories of fans taking friends and family to a Madonna concert and them being blown away. It's a shame the general public (again, for the most part) have not experienced that.