Madonna's CONTROVERSIAL & SHOW-STOPPING Eurovision performance

Like A Prayer wasn't bad, it just wasn't enthralling. I LIVED for the interlude though!!!! YAS!! I love Future, it's been on repeat for days but I was too in my head because of LAP to fully enjoy it so I'll have to go back to it. I don't mind the effects on her voice, just wish it would have been less intense.

THAT FINAL DROP THOUGH DAMN!!!

ALSO LIVING FOR POLITICALDONNA!!

I sadly only noticed the flags at the very end as they were walking up the stairs xD

Can't wait for the album, can't wait for the tour ❤

1 minute ago, Nikki said:

the visuals of that intro though.. I mean.. how can you not have been impressed by that? are people seriously JUST focusing on what some think are bad vocals and that somehow ruins the whole thing? perhaps it should've been more energic, that would've helped..

Bad vocals and lack of energy are the two biggest issues (according to some).

1 minute ago, Nikki said:

the visuals of that intro though.. I mean.. how can you not have been impressed by that? are people seriously JUST focusing on what some think are bad vocals and that somehow ruins the whole thing? perhaps it should've been more energic, that would've helped..

The visuals were amazing. It reminded me of the opening for mdna tour

She should stop performing LAP for a while. Perform Music or Hung Up or something from ‘00s. 

Just now, YannBouch said:

people are depressing 

They can scream all they like. They’re entitled to their opinions but my support for Madonna is unshakeable. 

https://pitchfork.com/news/watch-madonna-perform-with-quavo-at-eurovision/ 

they have LAP in full on that link. 

I don't think it was as terrible as people were making it seem - just a little off key in the beginning but otherwise great and just the M I love throughout !!!

4 minutes ago, ursula said:

And you strike me as someone who is here to guard the entrance to the church! Appearances!

You stike me  as someone who is here to kill the moment and believe me I wouldn't stare at you after reading what you wrote even if  we stayed in a deserted island.  🙂

Just now, Ai Papi Si. said:

Yes

And normally I think you're the biggest drama queen so its weird that youre making sense :rotfl:

Ive said this before but because of all these posts being made I think you might have missed it.. I often have my drama moment BEFORE things are gonna happen.. ever noticed that? 🙂 it's like im mentally preparing myself.. I had a bad feeling about this whole thing from the start of the rumours.. HOWEVER.. I watched this on a good sound system and I actually liked the vocals? I expected it to be worse, more cringe.. I loved the political message.. it just had to be more higher energy.. but how people react to this is soooo over the top, my gosh! you'd think she did Sticky and sweet's "borderline" in a stupid outfit judging the reactions.. the PERFORMANCE itself looked fucking epic.. the visuals are the best from the contest..

Okay. Just saw it, and I think some people are overreacting.

The LAP arrengement was fine. But, I think the feedback wasn't working. She was drowning her voice, and that happens when singers can't hear themselves. This has happened before in other occasions. The Power of Goodbye at the 1998 EMA's. Hung Up at the 2005 EMA's.

Now, for the controversial bit. I think she just alienated everybody. This is proof that when Madonna wants to talk about something, she doesn't strategize or premeditate anything. She just takes the chance and goes with it. And I think she shouldn't do that at this stage of the game. This is my personal opinion. Sometimes she's controversial and it's very clever, sometimes it's just weird. I myself enjoyed the performance very much, but she needs to start thinking more carefully about the things she wants to do.

3 minutes ago, Nikki said:

Couldn't agree more

I haven't watched the performance yet...however those screen shots look amazing. It looks like she made a political statement & if so social media is probably trying to focus on her "vocals" to take the talk away from what her performance message was. 

This is what social media is, it is used as a tool to distract people away from something that they don't want the people to discuss.

Its full of bots & fake acounts who make people listen to the narrative they want. Look at elections etc even the murdoch media does it & people fall for it every time. Wake up!

I just hope the press & these SJW see what she tried to say about the unrest there & she did more than a sjw on Twitter could ever do by showing her stance & views to 200m people! This is ehy she is getting hate its called distraction Trumps method of operandi 101!

1 minute ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

I wasn't even referring to Jesus when I said that. Calm down. I  know for a fact some ppl on this forum pull shit like that ALL THE TIME. I haven't been here in a few years but I know how this place works. "WELL MY GRANNY IS WATCHING THE NEWS AND THE ANCHORS ALL SAY THAT MADONNA BELONGS IN THE NURSING HOME" and never give receipts. And then they get banned/flushed eventually. 

And I would agree if every fucker I know (Including my GRANNY (MUMMY) wasn't saying the same damn thing as them.

Anyway you answered your own point with your subsequent super bowl post. If you seriously had any criticism of THAT flawless performance, then you surely would have dropped down dead under these circumstances.

Just now, Kim said:

And I would agree if every fucker I know (Including my GRANNY (MUMMY) wasn't saying the same damn thing as them.

Anyway you answered your own point with your subsequent super bowl post. If you seriously had any criticism of THAT flawless performance, then you surely would have dropped down dead under these circumstances.

Youre right 

5 minutes ago, Kilt said:

Why did they mute her speech between LAP and Future. It didn't happen in my broadcasts.

Omg they muted her actual message! Is that the official Eurovision clip?

8 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

That arrangement of LAP was so awful, it just spilled into everything that came after it, that I could not even concentrate on "Future" to appreciate it. There was no energy, everything felt extremely flat. 

It's cool that she brought a strong political message. But I am a huge fan of Madonna because of her MUSICALITY before anything else, not for the non-musical aspects, since she is first and foremost, well, A MUSICAL ARTIST. 

I totally agree with this.

Just now, Toni said:

Omg they muted her actual message! Is that the official Eurovision clip?

No they haven't uploaded her performance officially.

2 minutes ago, Nikki said:

are people seriously JUST focusing on what some think are bad vocals and that somehow ruins the whole thing?

The apocalyptic war theme with gasmasks didn't help. The Met gala performance was absolutely wonderful. Everyone praised it because it was beautiful and uplifting. She turned it completely into something very uncomfortable.

10 minutes ago, M_Sinner said:

I'm so glad she showed the flags!!! Go M!!!

Me too!! Loved it! 

It was a great performance in my opinion 

I think LAP sounded a bit off key & that particular arrangement is my least favourite. The rest of the performance I liked. However, I really do think she needs a proper band behind her. Especially with the new album.

Just now, Nikki said:

So Im watching again and I really do NOT GET THE hate.. she sounds great to me!!??

https://pitchfork.com/news/watch-madonna-perform-with-quavo-at-eurovision/

I prefer LAP to be more upbeat but that’s a stylistic choice on my behalf.

Madonna against the world, wouldn’t be a fair fight otherwise.

Just now, Bette Davis Dub said:

The apocalyptic war theme with gasmasks didn't help. The Met gala performance was absolutely wonderful. Everyone praised it because it was beautiful and uplifting. She turned it completely into something very uncomfortable.

it was strange and bizarre.