Madonna's CONTROVERSIAL & SHOW-STOPPING Eurovision performance

2 minutes ago, TRVC said:

I just want this Eurovision fiasco to go away fast. Yeah I'm avoiding social media, but the negative press is now clogging my news streams. Really sad 😢 

Where? I just went on my own newsfeed, searching for top-line reactions, and there's not a negative headline in sight (yet)

I repeat!

MADONNA is FUCKING INCREDIBLE!!
THAT was a HUGE FUCK YOU!

to Establishment, Government, Organized religion if you did not get any of that..........you ain't WOKE.

I could feel her RAGE!! it was epic.

6 minutes ago, Kim said:

I don't even think her vox on LAP were that bad. It was the AWFUL AWFUL arrangement that killed it, and I suppose it somewhat exposed the vocals. You could actually feel the arena atmosphere deflate as it went on. I'll leave it at that.

Anyway LOL at UK coming last, LOL at the host nation's score (all the smiles fool no one while there's atrocities being committed just down the road), BOO at my boo from Estonie flopping and well done Madge for the political statement.

For those who value their mental health, stay away from social media.

I am in total agreement with this post

12 minutes ago, JWAD said:

YASSSS like the two flags literally embracing and unifying between the two dancers is anything other than the RIGHT MESSAGE. Thanks for sharing. 

1 minute ago, MLVC82 said:

I repeat!

to Establishment, Government, Organized religion if you did not get any of that..........you ain't WOKE.

This 

1 minute ago, MLVC82 said:

I repeat!

+10000000000000000000000! 🔥

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
10 minutes ago, Monsieur X said:

Oh FUCK OFF

I normally don't agree to these sort of expressions to other fans, but he's been quite a Debbie Downer to the whole thing since the beginning.  He focuses way too much on what other people think.  Who cares what Twitter thinks? 

I loved the met gala performance so I was happy she did it live again. 

I guess the whole performance was too dark for Eurovision. At one point in Future,  the background video made it feel like we were all in the fiery pits of hell. Don't know what that was all about. And Eurovision really hates political messages.

Yea, she could've done Into the Groove and Like a Virgin and everyone would have loved her. 

8 minutes ago, Kim said:

I don't even think her vox on LAP were bad. It was the AWFUL AWFUL arrangement that killed it, and I suppose it somewhat exposed the vocals. You could actually feel the arena atmosphere deflate as it went on. I'll leave it at that.

This is exactly what I said to my friends as we were watching it. She was basically singing acapella with a cheap midi backing. 

31 minutes ago, Nonoka said:

Sorry but this condescending tone towards M's own fans whenever there is criticism voiced is the other side of the extreme. Personally I enjoyed the performance, but expecting solid vocals or at the very least a good musical arrangement shouldn't be some unattainable illusion by over-zealous fans.

I'm referring to some fans, the ones who particularly don't seem to like anything anymore, not all. I figured that was a given. I'm also referring to more than just fans at this board.

And if some technical aspects weren't up to par, I understand that. Just seemed like everywhere I've look in Madonna fandom today, I could barely find a perspective that found anything to appreciate about it. Just seems to be a pattern I continuously find now, even when she's really good.

Condescending though...really? There are people here who just tell others to fuck off, and I'm the one that's condescending? :blink: Try being someone who tries to find something to appreciate even when it isn't perfect, and god forbid you actually really like something that the general consensus has already written off in Madonna fandom, and then openly express that enjoyment...oh boy, I can tell you all about 'condescending'. :wink:

Just now, Ai Papi Si. said:

I have this theory that sometimes Madonna fans make up negative reactions just to immerse themselves in drama on here. 

I was actually good till I came here lol

31 minutes ago, Sky Fits Heaven said:

Heavy costume and eye-patch limiting her moves, grillz limiting her singing, a slow version of a dance classic and a new unknown song to entertain live 200 millions of people? Well, let's say that the stars were aligned for a flat performance. It's in situations like this that I feel that Madonna is for sure surrounded by yes people, cuz how come all of that got green-lighted? It wasn't bad per se, but, in my opinion, was just boring and unmemorable and in the end it feels like a big wasted opportunity.

I agree with everything 

12 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

Well, that was also 7 years ago.

This is a delicate subject and I KNOW I'll get piled on for this, but Madonna is 60, almost 61. 7 years is also 7 years for your body. She was slowing down even before this. Compare Rebel Heart and MDNA, you can see the change. It doesn't mean she's unhealthy or sick, she's just getting older. We need to cut her some slack on this. She even admits she doesn't work out like she used to. Stop comparing her to younger versions of herself. 

Lol you’re making her sound like a frail old granny. We have no idea if there’s anything going on with her body or if she’s made a conscious decision to slow down for some reason.

3 minutes ago, boy skeffington said:

YASSSS like the two flags literally embracing and unifying between the two dancers is anything other than the RIGHT MESSAGE. Thanks for sharing. 

I remember the COAD tour she used the dancers in the same way and I was in awe

1 minute ago, Crystal Coffin said:

I am in total agreement with this post

the esc contest itself was irrelevant like usually it is

1 minute ago, whyme? said:

I loved the met gala performance so I was happy she did it live again. 

I guess the whole performance was too dark for Eurovision. At one point in Future,  the background video made it feel like we were all in the fiery pits of hell. Don't know what that was all about. And Eurovision really hates political messages.

Yea, she could've done Into the Groove and Like a Virgin and everyone would have loved her. 

but thats not Madonna

im happy she did what she wanted, she is a political and polarizing figure

Just now, nimos said:

Lol you’re making her sound like a frail old granny. We have no idea if there’s anything going on with her body or if she’s made a conscious decision to slow down for some reason.

Oh god come on, I never made her sound like that. Drama queen. 

Still think the woke activists will throw Madonna under the bus even if they may approve of her political messages today.

8 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

I have this theory that sometimes Madonna fans make up negative reactions from invisible media sources just to immerse themselves in drama on here. 

Yes.

Her fans are always way harder on her non tour live performance than non fans or casual fans.  Some of the live performances that fans bitched about endlessly and which I personally enjoyed were the 1998 VH1 Fashion  Awards The Power of Goodbye, 1999 Nothing Really Matters at the Grammys, 2014 Grammys Open Your Heart, and her Billboard Awards Prince tribute a couple of years ago.

Im shocked at myself for not being more dramatic. Perhaps because I expected this hate.. so let's focus on the POSITIVE.. spread the messages of M supporting Palestine on the Israeli stage

Future was good

Like a paryer was fine... the version is not that good but it's ok ...

Also I dont get what so controversial with the flag... it was a symbol of unity... and I'm from Israel... and it was also expected 

Numbers are far easier to judge than her performance so let's take a look at her catalogue on iTunes.

Future

iTunes:
#13 Finland (+22)
#13 Spain (+7)
#14 France (+8)
#16 Sweden (+28)
#19 Germany (+50)
#20 Norway (+69)
#21 Greece (-3)
#21 Italy (+2)
#33 Mauritius (-30)
#38 Denmark (NE)
#43 Ireland (-9)
#43 Mexico (-22)
#46 Brazil (-27)
#65 Austria (+17)
#78 Belgium (+18)
#78 Poland (-59)
#81 Australia (-22)
#92 Malaysia (-34)
#130 Belarus (NE)
#145 Canada (-40)
#162 Turkey (+327)
#186 Russia (+23)

Like a Prayer

Album: Celebration

iTunes:
#6 Norway (+104)
#34 Ireland (NE)
#52 Greece (+13)
#65 Paraguay (-18)
#74 Hungary (-4)
#87 Peru (=)
#89 Germany (+291)
#89 Poland (+16)
#98 Slovakia (+9)
#118 Russia (NE)
#140 Malta (-1)
#152 Finland (-14)
(-1)
#169 Spain (-4)
#171 Ecuador (+3)
(+10)
(-1)
#180 Panama (-6)
#181 Latvia (-10)
(-2)
#200 Belgium (-9)
#267 Italy (-20)
#271 India (-3)
#344 Mexico (+14)
#472 Turkey (-10)
#497 Austria (-12)

Album: The Immaculate Collection

iTunes:
#32 Australia (+38)
#57 Italy (+8)
#60 Canada (+34)
#185 France (-71)
#440 Germany (NE)

If Madonna wanted to dance the cha-cha like she did in the Medellin video with Maluma, she woulda done it at Billboard. 

If she wanted to do intricate choreo for Future she woulda done it.

Maybe she didn't like the way it looked, maybe she didn't want to take the risk, maybe maybe maybe. To ignore the fact that she's 61 and hold her up to standards from 10, 20, 30 years ago is unfair. I'll leave it at that.

The vocals I understand the gripes with though. Dunno what happened. But we have all heard worse from her lol (4 Minutes anyone)