Madonna's CONTROVERSIAL & SHOW-STOPPING Eurovision performance

Madame X love a good Midi LAP version so what lol. She's a fighter it's was really nice to see her on stage. About the vocals. Last year she was on full recording mode so probably was singing non-stop for months. Her voice was trained to the max. Now she focused a little more about the touring and performing aspect of the era so it's understandable that the voice wasn't on point. + the nerve. And really so what. I really doesn't care much about that part. She doesn't have to prove that for me anymore. Yes we can judge, but madonna is so easily criticize for everything if also her fans are playing this game. Poor her. 

1 minute ago, Confessit said:

they haven't uploaded YouTube and I doubt they will after the controversy.

might be for the best to be honest. focus on the FUTURE.

2 minutes ago, ursula said:

a hater

You name it. 😉

2 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

She didn't do herself any favors with this performance, especially with the huge amount of viewers. 

Maybe she doesn't care hence the flags on the dancers. 

That said she did say in an interview that chart success still means something to her. So I dunno maybe she genuinely thinks that was a strong advert for Madame X.

Ok guys, I think we need a group hug 🤗 now let’s put on our big girl knickers and get on with it. Fuck the LAP vocals, it’s done, what followed was rebel Madonna 🙏 and a pretty decent performance. And look, we all lived to tell the tale. 

NOW SNAP THE FUCK OUT OF IT!

2FCD2B52-6C10-46AB-A1BC-08DA5ACE813E.gif

13 minutes ago, headonfire said:

I'm always for M, always, but this was a missed opportunity! ☹️

My two main problems with it:

- very poor arrangements of LAP -- what even was that?

- very poor choreography overall -- no energy whatsoever.

I liked the interlude, and the final message. The Palestinian and Israeli flags in the back of the dancers was perfect and a very bold statement. The issue is that this will be completely eclipsed by everything else.

I agree with you, unfortunately.

The arrangement of LAP was not the better...

Of course I am a huge fan and will support her, she has already proved us her big value, but this was a missed opportunity to highligt. 

The hype generated around her participation did not help and it is very difficult to be at the level of thia kind of expectations. 

1 minute ago, Illuminati said:

She didn't do herself any favors with this performance, especially with the huge amount of viewers. 

right because Madonna is such a people pleaser lol

1 minute ago, nimos said:

I think that’s a fair assessment and I’m surprised no one in her team picked up on any of this when they were developing the performance. I personally enjoyed it but it was totally wrong for this occasion and won’t help promote the album or tour.

I enjoyed it too. I just thought by the end that it might have been too dark and lacked energy for this campy competition.Lol

3 minutes ago, jjmor95 said:

Anyone keeping an eye on the iTunes Charts in Europe? Just curious if she’s receiving a boost in sales (like the Super Bowl), negative press and all.

Future had a boost for sure

Just now, rodials said:

The hype generated around her participation did not help and it is very difficult to be at the level of thia kind of expectations. 

I disagree.

The hype was there before Super Bowl and she brought it.

Hate to compare but it's true. 

4 minutes ago, Kilt said:

WOKE QUEEN CRUSHED IT!!!

NONE OF THE VETERAN OR CURRENT POP BITCHES COULD EVER!!!

THIS is what we need to be concentrating on! Turn this thing on it’s head people! There are GLARING positives from that performance!

21 minutes ago, ITG said:

Madonna is not going to be busting out dance moves like 1990!

Her vocals throughout her career live have been consistent. Like a Prayer Blond Ambition vocals are equal to this euro performance, so I find the meltdowns ludicrous.

Madonna is  about the message!!!!!

"I know I'm not the greatest singer, dancer, but that's not what I'm interested in, I'm interested in pushing peoples buttons".....to papaphrase her.

This! 10000000000+ 🔥

1 minute ago, Confessit said:

I disagree.

😪

5 minutes ago, Confessit said:

they haven't uploaded YouTube and I doubt they will after the controversy.

They’ll want to edit out the flag bits. Madonnas team will probably want to edit out the sound.

So much hate for her from the establishment & some of her fans

WAKE UP

Do not listen to the establishment (i.e. the press & social media)

I am ashamed in some of you

27 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

The vocals were sadly too shaky in Like a Prayer.  

She was off key. 

Just now, Confessit said:

I disagree.

Well, that was also 7 years ago.

This is a delicate subject and I KNOW I'll get piled on for this, but Madonna is 60, almost 61. 7 years is also 7 years for your body. She was slowing down even before this. Compare Rebel Heart and MDNA, you can see the change. It doesn't mean she's unhealthy or sick, she's just getting older. We need to cut her some slack on this. She even admits she doesn't work out like she used to. Stop comparing her to younger versions of herself. 

Just now, Monsieur X said:

So much hate for her from the establishment & some of her fans

WAKE UP

Do not listen to the establishment (i.e. the press & social media)

I am ashamed in some of you

preach, I feel the same. 

1 minute ago, Disintegration said:

For better or worse, this is the performance/thing in general that people will remember about this era when they look back on it. 

Too early to say that!! The album isn't even out yet and who know what else she has planned!