Madonna's CONTROVERSIAL & SHOW-STOPPING Eurovision performance

6 minutes ago, Lolasmommy said:

choreography- so this is my biggest issue: it was static. I thought she was restricted at first during LAP as she had the big cloak over all the armour & also thought she is saving her energy for some fun choreographed dance my bits in future...but then Future was static!

6 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Yes true 

+ That HORRID arrangement of LAP which does not even pass to be called "music". 

1 minute ago, FreeMySoul said:

Madonna breaking the rules

quote.jpg

I swore they cut away at one point near the end, I thought it was due to a silhouette of a church. I’d only noticed the Palestinian flag right at the very end and not when the dancer was rolling around. I wonder now was the cut away part when they’d noticed the flag on the girl?

Good on Madonna for that ❤️ Rebel Heart indeed.

15 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

It was not a disaster, just boring. 

😂😂😂

Imagine someone jumping in to murder your opinion, just like you did a couple of days ago.

3 minutes ago, FreeMySoul said:

Madonna breaking the rules

quote.jpg

Wow! If that is true, kudos to her!!

The political message was definitely super clever and subtle, yet still very straightforward. I thought the way she conveyed that was classic M.

7 minutes ago, Herfaceremains said:

We all love Madonna and we want her to succeed. It’s tough to criticize her objectively, and I want to always celebrate her accomplishments. However, let’s be honest. This didn’t live up to the hype, and her performance was mediocre at best. She looked great, but her costume swallowed her up. Her vocal performance was unfortunate considering she was appearing as a headliner at a vocal competition. I think Madonna is finding her place with her new identity. She’s 60, and clearly he priorities as a performer have shifted. But there’s some fine tuning to focus on in my humble opinion because this wasn’t a good precursor to a theater tour. I’m disappointed, and I’m kind of weirded out by my own feelings. I need a glass of wine, and I’ll watch it a few times to pick up on the subtleties I probably missed live.

This made me genuinely sad. I can appreciate the feeling though.

The arrangement on LAP was horrendous, whoever is the music director needs to be sacked! Future was so autotuned it was not even from the future 🙂

Just now, Edivad said:

So Sorry for her poor vocal performance😫

Hi, Mnation missed you.😋

3 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

+ That HORRID arrangement of LAP which does not even pass to be called "music". 

wasn't it the same arrangement as the met gala last year? and i generally agree. her prince performance was similar. probably the same musical director?

10 minutes ago, Kim said:

Estonie DOUZE POINTS (and not for the song)

As for Madge, I'll say the same here as I said to everyone else... I don't wanna talk about it.

Pour us another glass.

You better pour me one whilst your there dear.

MADONNA is FUCKING INCREDIBLE!!
THAT was a HUGE FUCK YOU!

to Establishment, Government, Organized religion if you did not get any of that..........you ain't WOKE.

I could feel her RAGE!! it was epic.

5 minutes ago, peppermint said:

Visuals were amazing...Madonna looked phenomenal and the message was on point. Was I blown away? Not really but all good.

This is kinda what I feel. Was I blown away? No BUT was it some abysmal performance? No way!

Just now, ursula said:

Still, she gained some exposure. More people know she has new material now. That's already something.

True.

She was fine, a lot of people are being negative for the sake of being negative - the point of that is still unknown. Superiority complex much? Her vocals were not as disastrous as some of you are making up to be. Maybe some of the arrogant bashers should try and do what she has done, performing before a live audience and knowing that over 200 millions people are watching you, let's see how great you can be. Personally I enjoyed Future, I like the song, although that thingy she's done the song with I'd be glad if he vanished into oblivion. Overall I do not think this was a bad performance at all.

Her political statement was ballsy, like only Madonna can do - total respect and THAT alone should be a cause for celebration!

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks

Why do people bring up cesspools like Twitter and no doubt future reviews from people who we know is going to trash her?  I couldn't give two fucks what anyone thinks on Twitter and will not care what DailyMail and those other silly people who attack her all the time.  

Yes, the vocals were not that great.  Again, I don't care because there was so much more going on there. First off, she looked stunning. She gave us a hell of a visual performance.  Getting past the shaky vocals which no doubt was nerves and possibly something going on with her monitors.  Still, I really enjoyed this.   Like a Prayer was an upgrade of Met Gala, and stunning to watch.  That spoken part was so cool especially when she blew and everyone fell to the floor.  Greatly choreographed.  I'd admit I was hoping for a third song, but still enjoyed her on "Future" and Quava was great.  I love how they all at the end fell backwards. That was pretty awesome as well.

The short talk with her before her performance was fun as well.  And yes, we can sit here and concentrate on what other people think at Twitter or wherever else about her vocals, but the fact is, she did sing LIVE.  Most people that performed before her were lip syncing everything.  Have I seen and heard better performances from her?  Yes, but I don't care!  I love Madonna, but I can cut her some slack on the vocals because first off, she never was always the greatest live singer.  What she lacked in her vocals she totally made up in the visual performance and message she was sending!

Long live the Queen! 

Edited by Amelia aka Neutrocks

I don't understand the massacre on social, from Rebel Heart onwards every performance is a massacre and she is submerged by shit. and those who are praised are the definition of basic and I was born in the wrong age. She should stay away from this industry

So it was controversial? In Israel? GOOD.

So she broke the rules?  That's the M I expect.

So the hell-hole of social media/twitter is crucifying her?  Surprise, surprise.

She she wasn't perfect in the way fans expected and built up for themselves?  You don't say.

So fans aren't happy? What's new.

Another day in Madonnaland.  :newspaper: