Madonna's CONTROVERSIAL & SHOW-STOPPING Eurovision performance

LAP was shaky and didn’t have the energy you expect from the song but I loved everything after, it was totally wrong for Eurovision. But I’m act the point that I could give a fuck what the public think, as long as I’m enjoying it then that’s all that matters.

1 minute ago, boy skeffington said:

YES - no fucks given I'm going to call you fuckers out Queen! And to those who say she is afraid to dance -

I think she is not interested in doing a synchro-dance/hairflip/robotney. She always dances, always. The movement with the monks down the stage is a dance. The movement down the stairs during DB was a dance. All of Future was a dance. She's literally always dancing. 

I actually also think it's amazing she gives other artists like Quavo the PLATFORM with her to stand on their own and have a voice. She just gifted him exposure to 200 million people...most unaware of him. 

She's a true artist. 

AMEN! 

1 minute ago, mamifero said:

The've mentioned her a few times during the Eurovision voting.

Yes! The Belgium guy was blowing kisses to her (though she most likely already left long ago lol)

1 minute ago, boy skeffington said:

YES - no fucks given I'm going to call you fuckers out Queen! And to those who say she is afraid to dance -

I think she is not interested in doing a synchro-dance/hairflip/robotney. She always dances, always. The movement with the monks down the stage is a dance. The movement down the stairs during DB was a dance. All of Future was a dance. She's literally always dancing. 

I actually also think it's amazing she gives other artists like Quavo the PLATFORM with her to stand on their own and have a voice. She just gifted him exposure to 200 million people...most unaware of him. 

She's a true artist. 

THANKS

1 minute ago, MattyMads said:

There’s a positive to come out of this performance at least there’s more chance of us getting tickets for Madame X tour I think the gp will stay well away.

Ahh  we have a comedian here. 😏

Interview was amazing

LAP voice was good (performed with no backing vocals!)

Future sounded great!

set/stage/Theme - Amazing!

choreography- so this is my biggest issue: it was static. I thought she was restricted at first during LAP as she had the big cloak over all the armour & also thought she is saving her energy for some fun choreographed dance my bits in future...but then Future was static!

Quavo is a lame performer with no stage presence-M even had to nudge him to point his arm towards the roof at one point!

I think she's just so amazing, she always never dissapoints, great show.I liked the "Future" performance....so epic, the dancers in masks....wow, am surprised some fans can't even sync in this performance, its too much for them.You need to watch it again to understand it. Madonna is a genious.

Thought Madonna looked striking, the visuals were beautiful, LAP was vocally shaky, enjoyed Future entirely, loved the Palestinian flag on the back of her dancer's back. M always being political!

P.S.
I hate the negative fucks on MNation.

Just now, alquemist said:

I think you might be right!  At least that‘s what Shazam thinks:

19C54C61-6B50-4C87-814B-F5B693E3A773.jpeg

👍👍 I figured it was a little too put together for just one awards show interlude 

1 minute ago, Katypatra said:

😞  I’m a bit worried that millions of people who have witnessed this performance will now focus on how “she can’t sing”. I don’t understand what happened? She always did great with Like a Prayer!!! 

You need to listen to some Blond Ambition performances lol

Just now, Katypatra said:

😞  I’m a bit worried that millions of people who have witnessed this performance will now focus on how “she can’t sing”. I don’t understand what happened? She always did great with Like a Prayer!!! 

This is my problem and I have been in heated arguments on twitter about this very issue up until a few minutes before her performance. So I just can't venture to that place right now.

Just now, Monsieur X said:

I thought she sounded fine on LAP. 

She did 

she was singing it and dancing in a different kind of way but I fucking love Future just want Quavo off it

1 minute ago, alquemist said:

I think you might be right!  At least that‘s what Shazam thinks:

19C54C61-6B50-4C87-814B-F5B693E3A773.jpeg

You mean spoken words part? Thanks

Just now, Lolasmommy said:

choreography- so this is my biggest issue: it was static. I thought she was restricted at first during LAP as she had the big cloak over all the armour & also thought she is saving her energy for some fun choreographed dance my bits in future...but then Future was static!

Yes true 

1 minute ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

And is it ALL BAD HORRIBLE MADONNA SUCKS comments? :lol:

not at all

one presenter blowing kisses at her

another presenter quoting her "you're all winners" speech

There are far worst Madonna performance. But this is not it. Its not her best nor my fave. I think the performance has been too serious for Eurovision. I like the Future performance but it could be better. She should add one happy song at the end to make it more celebratory.

I need to watch it a few more times to fully digest. I'm not on social media so really pay no attention to what others are saying.

4 minutes ago, boy skeffington said:

She's a true artist. 

This also is a very truthful point of view aswell!

If you are note ready to defend the legend Madonna, go listen to Minogue and live in the non controversial universe of pink and light pop. 

We all love Madonna and we want her to succeed. It’s tough to criticize her objectively, and I want to always celebrate her accomplishments. However, let’s be honest. This didn’t live up to the hype, and her performance was mediocre at best. She looked great, but her costume swallowed her up. Her vocal performance was unfortunate considering she was appearing as a headliner at a vocal competition. I think Madonna is finding her place with her new identity. She’s 60, and clearly he priorities as a performer have shifted. But there’s some fine tuning to focus on in my humble opinion because this wasn’t a good precursor to a theater tour. I’m disappointed, and I’m kind of weirded out by my own feelings. I need a glass of wine, and I’ll watch it a few times to pick up on the subtleties I probably missed live.