Madonna's CONTROVERSIAL & SHOW-STOPPING Eurovision performance

I really really enjoyed her performance. I think it was too message heavy for the Eurovision crowd that expected something more carefree, I guess. The staging and choreography was huge!!!

Has anyone notice the newly shot background video with her veiled face?

LAP: She looks bulky, bit static, hope she doesn't fall!, she sounds good singing this great song with lyrics that always electrify.

Spoken word interlude: JAW IS ON THE FLOOR. She throws major shade on Israel and I'm loving it.

Future: The mood changes fluidly. Wish Quavo wasn't there. Love the trumpets, the rather appropriate lyrics, and the falls in the end.

Oh, and FUCK Twitter.

She was probably nervous during LAP, understandably. Was my first time hearing "Future"- didn't love it on first listen (UB wasn't one of my favorite from RH, either). Of the three tracks I've heard thus far, "Medellin" is the most "classic"-Madonna-sounding. Looking most forward to the other Mirawis collaborations.

I did like the spoken section- very M.

Its weird people are complaining about the interlude. You wanted her to address the controversy of what's going on, well there you go.

The performance was kind of boring but I don't necessarily equate that with disastrous. I dunno. Perhaps European media is more vicious than I thought? It's hard to even know whether people are exaggerating negative reactions on here, because M fans are just drawn to negativity like flies to cow dung. 

Guest JDNA

All in all I thought the performance was great! Were the vocals perfect? Nope, but who cares? Also, do you think that spoken part was a snippet from Dark Ballet?

It's trendy for the GP to complain about M these days, pay no attention to it & enjoy the ride.

2 minutes ago, Monsieur X said:

They think we don't know about their crimes

Love her so much 

She went there! I love it!

Her vocals may not of  been the best in LAP. please take into consideration she was probably nervous it can affect your singing/throat. I think she did a GREAT job,

I liked it, but I really expected more..

it's true that in Like a Prayer I do not sing too well..whenever she's going to act at prizes she gets nervous.

I did not like the choreography of Future, or that of the dancers .. Madonna too static..

I actually enjoyed Future a lot. It probably was the wrong song to do there though. The audience seemed to be in a funeral.

It's a shame Like a Prayer will take all the attention for the wrong reasons.

There’s a positive to come out of this performance at least there’s more chance of us getting tickets for Madame X tour I think the gp will stay well away.

Kudos to the one and only Queen!

She had a couple shaky moments during LAP, it’s true, but overall she did good.

She was there with body, emotion and heart and she felt it all.

She’s not a robot and the fact that after so many years she can still be caught up with her emotions is proof of the fact that she is a true artist! 

There is no one like her! The visuals were absolutely amazing and breathtaking!

Just now, Crystal Coffin said:

It was not a disaster, just boring. 

Agree.

The entertainment value was low for a Madonna appearance that's all. The vocals are the least of it she didn't sound that bad it could of been buried in an amazing performance/arrangement but unfortunately all the elements were a little off.

2 minutes ago, wherelifebegins said:

LAP: She looks bulky, bit static, hope she doesn't fall!, she sounds good singing this great song with lyrics that always electrify.

Spoken word interlude: JAW IS ON THE FLOOR. She throws major shade on Israel and I'm loving it.

Future: The mood changes fluidly. Wish Quavo wasn't there. Love the trumpets, the rather appropriate lyrics, and the falls in the end.

Oh, and FUCK Twitter.

Agree! Not everyone’s coming to the future...

3 minutes ago, Monsieur X said:

Love her so much 

YES - no fucks given I'm going to call you fuckers out Queen! And to those who say she is afraid to dance -

I think she is not interested in doing a synchro-dance/hairflip/robotney. She always dances, always. The movement with the monks down the stage is a dance. The movement down the stairs during DB was a dance. All of Future was a dance. She's literally always dancing. 

I actually also think it's amazing she gives other artists like Quavo the PLATFORM with her to stand on their own and have a voice. She just gifted him exposure to 200 million people...most unaware of him. 

She's a true artist. 

2 minutes ago, Monsieur X said:

Love her so much 

Loved this so much, visuals were beautiful and the message was on point! Unfortunately, LAP wasn’t great so that’s what whiny little bitches on social media are concentrating on at the moment. Future, I’m not a fan of but I really enjoyed it tonight! Looking forward to watching it back. 

😞  I’m a bit worried that millions of people who have witnessed this performance will now focus on how “she can’t sing”. I don’t understand what happened? She always did great with Like a Prayer!!! 

I need the next 7 days to fly be so the media and everyone can be over it. Not the best. Not the worst. Could have been better. She will be strong. 

Too much Quovo as well?

Did we really need him walking up the stairs with her and ending the whole thing with them both holding hands?

I don't mind her features creeping into her songs but now there creeping into her major performances as well.