Madame X: Discussion (LISTENING PARTY info within)

Those people who already bought the album did not break the law. They bought it legally. They are absolutely not guilty that he was in the shops ahead of time. But at the same time they have no right to upload it to the Internet.

7 minutes ago, Marcello77 said:

Now it´s illegal buying a CD or a Vinyl being sold in a store! LOL

It's illegal for the retailers to sell it before the release date, but not for the customer to buy. However, the customer is not allowed to upload it

honestly the rebel heart situation was vastly different but an album leaking online a few days ahead of release is commonplace now and will not hinder her album sales, especially for an act like Madonna.

if people want to go out and buy it then they will.

sure it makes everyone feel a bit jumpy but her streaming numbers are pretty good, the record is getting her best reviews in 15 years...all in all it's a good time to be a fan.

6 minutes ago, Kilt said:

So sad that M will feel raped again

It's not the same situation than what happened with RB. What leaked from last era was unfnished work/material not meant to see the light of day. This is an official album leaking 5 days before the official release. I think she will survive. 

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
4 minutes ago, Anton said:

Those people who already bought the album did not break the law. They bought it legally. They are absolutely not guilty that he was in the shops ahead of time. But at the same time they have no right to upload it to the Internet.

I agree!  This is not a "leak" in my eyes, rather people got their copy early.  Whether it is the 14th or not, people are still going to digitally share it on the internet.  So I don't begrudge anyone who is able to listen to the album early as long as they plan to buy the album.  It's pretty safe to say, 6 days away, most people who are interested in this album, bought a copy.  Most anyone who hears it early, are fans like us who might come across what is shared on the internet. 

This is nothing like Rebel Heart.  It's pretty typical for albums to find their way on the internet a week or so before their official release.  That's because a lot of people received advance copies.  Artists tend to give them out to a lot of people beforehand in many cases. 

1 minute ago, Amelia said:

I agree!  This is not a "leak" in my eyes, rather people got their copy early.  Whether it is the 14th or not, people are still going to digitally share it on the internet.  So I don't begrudge anyone who is able to listen to the album early as long as they plan to buy the album.  It's pretty safe to say, 6 days away, most people who are interested in this album, bought a copy.  Most anyone who hears it early, are fans like us who might come across what is shared on the internet. 

This is nothing like Rebel Heart.  It's pretty typical for albums to find their way on the internet a week or so before their official release.  That's because a lot of people received advance copies.  Artists tend to give them out to a lot of people beforehand in many cases. 

+ 1 .May i add that the album has not leaked online yet ..

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
7 minutes ago, Crux said:

It's illegal for the retailers to sell it before the release date, but not for the customer to buy. However, the customer is not allowed to upload it

Actually, that's the case whether it got out their early or not!  As I stated in my above reply, whether it's the 14th or not, people are still going to upload it and share.  As mentioned by many here, it's pretty common for albums to make itself on the internet a week or so before release.  The album has already been sent out to retailers, etc, including advance copies that the artist have shared. 

42 minutes ago, Marcello77 said:

Madame X is being sold here in Chile, same in Brazil (Russia too I think)

Brazil??? Where exactly?

42 minutes ago, Marcello77 said:

Madame X is being sold here in Chile, same in Brazil (Russia too I think)

We are 6 days away from the release date.

Apart from the reviews and a few 10 second clips on the internet NOBODY has heard 3 quarters of the album.

Her team are to be massively congratulated on keeping this album under wraps. Brilliant work. 

But please get a grip people we are literally on the eve of Madame X being released this is not disaster territory.