Madame X: Discussion (LISTENING PARTY info within)

All the HC and MDNA talk show and magazine covers did NOTHING for the albums. She needed to do live performances and she did like 3 total and two of the them were for a very select group of people (the HC promo shows). The magazines and talk shows will come when the album is out. They have had a habit of announcing things on Mondays this era so maybe tomorrow or next we will know more. Everythings been perfect so far and there is no need for doom and gloom two weeks before the album release.

If your excitement of Madonna comes from how she does commercially or memorizing how many talk shows/magazines/live performance etc (as I have seen at least one member consistently post about in multiple threads) you may need to take a step back. P

Is anyone else particularly excited about Batuka?  I loved the snippet of lyrics quoted in British Vogue.  Have absolutely no idea what to expect from this one.

5 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

All the HC and MDNA talk show and magazine covers did NOTHING for the albums. She needed to do live performances and she did like 3 total and two of the them were for a very select group of people (the HC promo shows). The magazines and talk shows will come when the album is out. They have had a habit of announcing things on Mondays this era so maybe tomorrow or next we will know more. Everythings been perfect so far and there is no need for doom and gloom two weeks before the album release.

If your excitement of Madonna comes from how she does commercially or memorizing how many talk shows/magazines/live performance etc (as I have seen at least one member consistently post about in multiple threads) you may need to take a step back. P

Really?  HC was the 9th top selling Album of 2008 Worldwide with 4 million sold and even MDNA managed to become the 12th top selling album worldwide of 2012 with 2 million sold

We would LOVE those numbers with MX

11 minutes ago, Samo said:

Really?  HC was the 9th top selling Album of 2008 Worldwide with 4 million sold and even MDNA managed to become the 12th top selling album worldwide of 2012 with 2 million sold

We would LOVE those numbers with MX

And none of that was with magazine covers and talk shows. It was because 4 Minutes/GITM and the superbowl/ticket bundle.

She wont have those numbers but that shouldnt give someone anxiety. Just be happy you get a new album with 18 new tracks. 

21 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

And none of that was with magazine covers and talk shows. It was because 4 Minutes/GITM and the superbowl/ticket bundle.

She wont have those numbers but that shouldnt give someone anxiety. Just be happy you get a new album with 18 new tracks. 

Yes I hear you, I think I'm frustrated the most because this is her MOST visual era of her career, she adapted a new persona, with it being such a visual era, Madonna should be doing the most photo shoots, video shoots, performances etc to sell these personas

So again it makes no sense that she hasn't done much of anything to showcase this, this is not a typical Madonna era, this is an era that's very visual by design thanks to the Madame X persona

So she should be doing the MOST promo of her career to sell it

We're two weeks away for the album release. Keep calm. My bet is that she's saving herself for the whole week. Talk shows, interviews, performances, etc etc

We know nothing. 

1 hour ago, Shaun said:

I’ve enjoyed everything about this era! Luckiest fan base ever. And we still have so much to come between the album and tour. Spoiled af.

:yes: M and her team have really spent some time planning this era and it shows. I'm loving it.

2 hours ago, Samo said:

Yeah but Madonna did lots of press for WE , which came out the week of the Superbowl.  She had ONE hour specials for Graham Norton, Anderson Cooper, the Good Morning America/2020/ Nightline Cynthia McFaden Interview, Rock center Interview, Superbowl press conference and separate interviews with journalists, another one hour special episode of Ellen DeGeneres Show while on tour, appearance on Tonight Show with Jay Leno, and Conan show behind the scenes of MDNA tour, Harper's Bazaar, The Advocate and Vanity Fair Italia covers

She did A LOT of press , it was just more geared towards WE with the album only being casually mentioned

MX is shaping up to be her least promoted era BY FAR

For me, I don’t count the interviews that are all about the film. That’s like counting hard candy fitness interviews as album promo. 

At least Prides are probably bigger than ever now, but a small part of me is slighty disappointed she is doing Prides now like she is Debbie Gibson or Cyndi Lauper or something, I know that sounds awful

Just now, imakicola said:

For me, I don’t count the interviews that are all about the film. That’s like counting hard candy fitness interviews as album promo. 

She mentioned the album, Give Me All Your Luvin, Superbowl performance etc during those interviews.  Jay Leno show had a copy of the MDNA CD and mentioned the albums release date as part of his introduction of her, it counts.

Graham Norton, Anderson, Cynthia McFaden interviews all talked about MDNA at length, Cynthia even aired footage of Madonna in the studio with MIA

3 minutes ago, rocknrolla said:

At least Prides are probably bigger than ever now, but a small part of me is slighty disappointed she is doing Prides now like she is Debbie Gibson or Cyndi Lauper or something, I know that sounds awful

Cher did Pride though right?  It doesn't have the end of your career stigma it once had

1 hour ago, Jairo said:

We're two weeks away for the album release. Keep calm. My bet is that she's saving herself for the whole week. Talk shows, interviews, performances, etc etc

We know nothing. 

Didn’t you see how many Instagram stories, posts, and tweets she has made? She got Spotify deals to show Medellin on their playlists, billboards all over the world. Just because it’s not magazine covers or news interviews doesn’t mean it’s not promo. She hyped this up big time. Crave live chat. Medellin MTV special. Apple special. Holographic BBMAs. Doing a video (and on her insta) for every releases track thus far. Having TWO videos for Medellin. Having both singles’ videos teased heavily on insta. She is definitely more digitally engaged. And think about how many hours of filming for film projects she has done, including the holograms. 

Edited by imakicola

I’m sure that she will do some promo on launch week, sadly Ellen and Jimmy Floppon.

Wish she could show up in new shows or do a live streaming concert.

Maybe pretaped shows for the UK that week or an interview, and hopefully something in Italy,France and Germany, it was refreshing seeing her doing that for LFL. And in Japan too!!! Or Spain

1 hour ago, rocknrolla said:

Hear what you're saying and I tend to avoid them, but it's the 50th anniversary.

It's very good promo and a special occasion. 

Plus we get to watch it a million times on video.

10 hours ago, Shaun said:

I’ve enjoyed everything about this era! Luckiest fan base ever. And we still have so much to come between the album and tour. Spoiled af.

It’s been brilliant and I’m always wanting more. Two weeks to go until the full album!

9 hours ago, Samo said:

Yes I hear you, I think I'm frustrated the most because this is her MOST visual era of her career, she adapted a new persona, with it being such a visual era, Madonna should be doing the most photo shoots, video shoots, performances etc to sell these personas

So again it makes no sense that she hasn't done much of anything to showcase this, this is not a typical Madonna era, this is an era that's very visual by design thanks to the Madame X persona

So she should be doing the MOST promo of her career to sell it

That is what I think too. I know it is important to keep the expectations low, but after the teaser in April I thought we would get a Madonna tsunami and I was so excited. Maybe there is still a chance for it with the album release...

9 hours ago, Jairo said:

We know nothing. 

Knowing nothing is what afraids me the most, because right now I get the feeling that the focus will be on the tour and the album will get very little attention from her...I hope I am wrong though...

Edited by Geiger83

1 minute ago, Jairo said:

Wow! This is nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is not just a normal Pride, it's the 50th and I think she is doing it as a way to take part of it, thank back and support the  community, our battle and the rights defense itself. But are we really always just wanna look at how glamorous the things she is doing are? It's a happy news guys, let's cheer at this ... now, my real problem is: is there gonna be a f...king live streaming?!?

Edited by Stefo

5 hours ago, karbatal said:

I think the big promo will start once the album is out. I think that is the strategy right now. 

It seems that way.

I just hope and pray her performance at Pride gets filmed and televised otherwise.....did it really happen?

OMG getting more and more excited by the DAY! I am taking the entire day off from work on the 14th so I can devote my day to listening in peace to the new album and preparing my home for the epic Madame X Listening Party I'm having that night haha

NOW I don't know what I should wear! I could emulate any of the Madame X personas or go with an old school Madonna look. What to do with my HAIR?! Do I bleach it out again in her honor? Black like Madame Accordion? 

I'm gonna have a selfie station with various Madonna props and costume pieces (cones, eye patch, cowboy hat, etc)

I'm gonna have bottles of Rose and fixins for lemon drop martinis, and tons of Mike and Ike candies

Any other suggestions for my party?!?!?!

1 hour ago, MichaelDieker said:

OMG getting more and more excited by the DAY! I am taking the entire day off from work on the 14th so I can devote my day to listening in peace to the new album and preparing my home for the epic Madame X Listening Party I'm having that night haha

NOW I don't know what I should wear! I could emulate any of the Madame X personas or go with an old school Madonna look. What to do with my HAIR?! Do I bleach it out again in her honor? Black like Madame Accordion? 

I'm gonna have a selfie station with various Madonna props and costume pieces (cones, eye patch, cowboy hat, etc)

I'm gonna have bottles of Rose and fixins for lemon drop martinis, and tons of Mike and Ike candies

Any other suggestions for my party?!?!?!

Headphones