Madame X: Discussion (LISTENING PARTY info within)

7 minutes ago, imakicola said:

Honestly, we have gotten so much this era. 

Remember the MDNA era? Where we had a Superbowl performance, and three videos? That’s IT? Or the Hard Candy era, where there was a gig and TWO videos?

For Madame X, we already have two videos, probably MANY more to come, two big performances (that had extra holographic visuals with different looks), a connection to Apple, light magazine coverage...she might not be doing physical promotion as much as RH, but she is already doing quite a bit compared to other albums. 

Love your positive attitude!

I am especially excited that we have had two great videos with the possibility of one or two more to come!

55 minutes ago, Geiger83 said:

Almost every Madonna album has at least one or two "silly" songs (exceptions IMO are Ray of Light, Music and American Life). I personally don't understand why to put this kind of song on a record, specially when some time later demos leak and we ask why on heaven these unreleased songs weren't chosen. But I simply learned to accept that this is what Madonna does (Jimmy Jimmy, Did you do it, Don't Stop, I love New York, Spanish Lesson, Bday Song, Autotune Baby and many others say hello...while Love won't wait, Your honesty, You'll stay and many many many others cry on the corner 🤣)

Shanti, Runaway Lover and Im so Stupid

1 hour ago, dollhouse said:

Shanti, Runaway Lover and Im so Stupid

OMG! I love Shanti and Runaway Lover!

4 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Nobody here has listened to Faz Gostoso and are we already arguing about it? :lol:

We’ve been arguing about it for well over a year now

2 hours ago, Amelia said:

I am not saying she is WRONG!  I know what she said.  But you're just getting too wrapped up in the terminology. You need to chill. Enjoy the era.  She's released two singles so far and two more tracks to give a taste of the album.  She even said that. 

The Apple deal is just a LAB people can participate in to remix her song. Madonna isn't performing anything live in a store or showing up in a store. She pre-recorded/filmed everything for the project and it will be part of an introduction/interview that will be available through this Lab.  I suspect the interview will be available at APPLE MUSIC at some point. 

Here's more on the Apple-Madonna-Music Lab:

https://9to5mac.com/2019/06/02/today-at-apple-madonna-music-lab/

Seriously, you're so patronizing and pedantic. Jeez, get a grip. 

2 minutes ago, strictmachine said:

We’ve been arguing about it for well over a year now

😉 Yes, since the first gossip about it.

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
2 minutes ago, runa said:

Seriously, you're so patronizing and pedantic. Jeez, get a grip. 

I'm sorry! That wasn't my intention. 😢

Edited by Amelia aka Neutrocks

Potential Come Alive lyrics from atrl:

Tonight I'm gonna come alive

Make you forget about your 9 to 5

Are you ready for your blood to rise?

Tonight's the night, i'm dressing up for you

27 minutes ago, Amelia said:

I'm sorry! That wasn't my intention. 😢

What you said was not wrong, just the "you need to chill. Enjoy this era"... It was just unnecessary. But no worries ! Everything is fine. 🙂

7 minutes ago, Alain Delon said:

Potential Come Alive lyrics from atrl:

Tonight I'm gonna come alive

Make you forget about your 9 to 5

Are you ready for your blood to rise?

Tonight's the night, i'm dressing up for you

Um that's from a Katy Perry song lol (check the chorus)

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
4 minutes ago, runa said:

What you said was not wrong, just the "you need to chill. Enjoy this era"... It was just unnecessary. But no worries ! Everything is fine. 🙂

I was just offering some friendly advice!  Sorry!  😕

4 hours ago, imakicola said:

Honestly, we have gotten so much this era. 

Remember the MDNA era? Where we had a Superbowl performance, and three videos? That’s IT? Or the Hard Candy era, where there was a gig and TWO videos?

For Madame X, we already have two videos, probably MANY more to come, two big performances (that had extra holographic visuals with different looks), a connection to Apple, light magazine coverage...she might not be doing physical promotion as much as RH, but she is already doing quite a bit compared to other albums. 

Yeah but Madonna did lots of press for WE , which came out the week of the Superbowl.  She had ONE hour specials for Graham Norton, Anderson Cooper, the Good Morning America/2020/ Nightline Cynthia McFaden Interview, Rock center Interview, Superbowl press conference and separate interviews with journalists, another one hour special episode of Ellen DeGeneres Show while on tour, appearance on Tonight Show with Jay Leno, and Conan show behind the scenes of MDNA tour, Harper's Bazaar, The Advocate and Vanity Fair Italia covers

She did A LOT of press , it was just more geared towards WE with the album only being casually mentioned

MX is shaping up to be her least promoted era BY FAR

3 minutes ago, Samo said:

Yeah but Madonna did lots of press for WE , which came out the week of the Superbowl.  She had ONE hour specials for Graham Norton, Anderson Cooper, the Good Morning America/2020/ Nightline Cynthia McFaden Interview, Rock center Interview, Superbowl press conference and separate interviews with journalists, another one hour special episode of Ellen DeGeneres Show while on tour, appearance on Tonight Show with Jay Leno, and Conan show behind the scenes of MDNA tour, Harper's Bazaar, The Advocateand Vanity Fair Italia covers

She did A LOT of press , it was just more geared towards WE with the album only being casually mentioned

MX is shaping up to be her least promoted era BY FAR

I don't think it will be the least promoted, or at least I hope. I think she has a lot more in store, and will come out in full force closer to the album release... I would suspect we should start seeing a lot more action from this coming week onwards. 

And the HC era had TONS of press too not just a performance and two videos

A gazillion magazine covers (Vanity Fair, Elle, Elle UK, Dazed and Confused, Interview, Q, New York, Record Collector, Vanity Fair Italia, Brazilian Vogue etc), tie ins with Sunsilk hair products which debuted 4 Minutes in a Madonna inpired commercial during the 2008 Superbowl and some streaming service with Madonna, Timberlake, and Timberland in ads, Louise Vuitton print ad campaign, MTV and Fuse TV dedicated Madonna - Hard Candy specials, 106th and Park appearance, pre taped talk show appearances on Ellen, and TRL, NBC Today show Interview, dedicated whole episode of ABC's Nightline with new Interview from Cannes to promote the album,  press junket where she gave dozens of Interviews with journalists to.promote the album that aired on every entertainment TV show (Entertainment Tonight, Extra, E! etc), gazillion radio interviews (which she has done SOME for MX, I'll give her credit for that)

The lack of proper promo and press for this era so far has been BAFFLING to say the least

Why come up with a brilliant concept like Madame X and 12 different personas and not let the General Public like...  SEE THEM , she should of done a Netflix Madame X documentary, TV interviews in character as MX, more performances, lots more magazine cover shoots aside from Vogue UK etc

The whole thing is frustrating.

And where is her so called, supposedly excellent new PR team?

Crickets.... Crickets....

23 minutes ago, Samo said:

The lack of proper promo and press for this era so far has been BAFFLING to say the least

Why come up with a brilliant concept like Madame X and 12 different personas and not let the General Public like...  SEE THEM , she should of done a Netflix Madame X documentary, TV interviews in character as MX, more performances, lots more magazine cover shoots aside from Vogue UK etc

The whole thing is frustrating.

And where is her so called, supposedly excellent new PR team?

Crickets.... Crickets....

I still feel like I've only seen 1 persona in all the videos.... eye patch woman

The photo stills had so many other more interesting looks... I hope we see more of them soon!

Just now, humanracin said:

I still feel like I've only seen 1 persona in all the videos.... eye patch woman

The photo stills had so many other more interesting looks... I hope we see more of them soon!

Exactly

Like I said, it's all so bizarre, like after Eurovision wasn't well received, Madonna was like "that's it"!

This is definitely gonna be her least promoted era by far, NOBODY, even casual fans, are even aware that age has a new album out soon

I prefer Madonna to do the bulk of her promotion when, ya know....people can actually go buy (or stream) the product.

Why's she gonna show up everywhere 2-3 weeks before the album drops? 2 weeks may as well be 2 months from now in the era of no attention spans and lightning speed news cycles.  Would make far more sense for her to start doing promo the week of the 16th.....or even the week of the 23rd. First week will already bring in decent sales, maybe promo that second week will help sustain it more. I'd suspect with tour ticket bundles and just the normal 2nd week drop that happens with everyone, the 2nd week drop for MX may be substantial. Although that may not be as big of a deal now as it was in 2012 when MDNA dropped hard week 2. I feel like it's more common in general now.

I’ve enjoyed everything about this era! Luckiest fan base ever. And we still have so much to come between the album and tour. Spoiled af.

18 minutes ago, Shaun said:

I’ve enjoyed everything about this era! Luckiest fan base ever. And we still have so much to come between the album and tour. Spoiled af.

Agree with you 💯 per cent. So much moaning over the last couple of days.

Let’s enjoy the ride, instead of trying to manage everything she should or shouldn’t been doing.