Madame X: Discussion (LISTENING PARTY info within)

No one wants to hear bastardised, sorry, RE-IMAGINED/RE-INVENTED (:manson: ) versions of the old classics, let's nip that idea right in the bud please, Miss Madonna. 

The classics are the classics are the classics. They should remain untouched. 

She can release new songs on a potential GH if she wants. But any re-recording of the untouchable classics should not be allowed. 

There's a fine line between artistic expression and self-indulgence, and she will most certainly step into the indulgence category if she does that. 

Plus it will sell like 2,000 copies or something. No one outside of her super hardcore fanbase would be interested. I'm not here for "Open Your Heart" (Morna Remix), I already had to endure SAGARA JO!!!!!! at MDNA ffs.

tbh if it's handled like the sticky and sweet tour reinventions i'm definitely for it, but would prefer it not to have yet another "oh look it's a gospel choir and a midi casio keyboard!" or "into the groove ft quavo" type of reinvention.... 

1 hour ago, samosamosamo said:

I would love to have good curators handling it to focus not only on the beauty of her career but also the politics. I would love to see for instance the inclusion of artefacts or objects that contributed to the forming of her outcomes. For instance the artist's work she admire...think about Fellini's Roma paired with American life original video or the blond doll Madonna was used to play when she was a girl and that inspired the high ponytail x the blond ambition tou

Such good points about the role of the artists and the curator. I too would love to see an exhibition like this, one that delves into the myriad of references found in Madonnas work. I think the Bowie exhibition would be a great starting point for something like this as it was all about the references and the cultural impact. 

Re-recording the classics, dangerous but exciting idea at the same time especially if done well. I loved Tori Amos Gold Dust collection, and I love the re-recorded Jagged Little Pill album. Would be more interesting than yet another best of collection. Maybe she could do another ballads collection, or just 2009-2019 like GHV3(4?!) or a remix collection would be amazing. 

All I can handle right now is the Madame X project though!!! Which obviously Human Nature is being considered for a reinvention for the tour! A Madonna classic thats very important to her work and makes sense to be heard yet again on tour. Sure there are plenty of classics she continues to overlook that she could sing instead, but I'd rather trade Vogue or Like a Prayer out than HN at this point. Like a Virgin can take a break too imo

51 minutes ago, Monsieur X said:

No one outside of her super hardcore fanbase would be interested

....self indulgent ?

1 hour ago, Monsieur X said:

No one wants to hear bastardised, sorry, RE-IMAGINED/RE-INVENTED (:manson: ) versions of the old classics, let's nip that idea right in the bud please, Miss Madonna. 

The classics are the classics are the classics. They should remain untouched. 

She can release new songs on a potential GH if she wants. But any re-recording of the untouchable classics should not be allowed. 

There's a fine line between artistic expression and self-indulgence, and she will most certainly step into the indulgence category if she does that. 

Plus it will sell like 2,000 copies or something. No one outside of her super hardcore fanbase would be interested. I'm not here for "Open Your Heart" (Morna Remix), I already had to endure SAGARA JO!!!!!! at MDNA ffs.

Ok that was amazing! Open your (pun intended) your ears! 

1 hour ago, Monsieur X said:

I already had to endure SAGARA JO!!!!!! at MDNA ffs.

Oh I think we all remember that one... 

On the other hand, I also remember the brillantissime Erotica/ You thrill Me.

7 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

A ballads compilation is more likely.

The Slowly Collection

What about Something to forget? (Now that we, the fans, have gotten older)

13 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Oh dear, with Madonna posting unrelated things to Crave in Instagram and people here talking about a Greatest Hits I got depressed! 

The problem is no one is interested in Crave....

11 minutes ago, bliss94 said:

The problem is no one is interested in Crave....

Yep... this is the main problem from what I see...

Time for the 3rd single... And this era started so good !

would much rather have a re-imagined classics album (maybe inspired by all the world music elements she's bringing together this era?) than a 4th and completely unnecessary greatest hits record.

those GH albums hold no hype factor now since her entire catalogue is available on streaming sites, to be mixed and playlisted as you'd like.

The hostility towards Madonna’s artistic choices by a select few makes participating in discussions regarding her contemporary output feel defeatist. What was wrong with Sagara Jo?! What is wrong with her wanting to revisit her own music through the influence of the music she enjoys? If this is what Madonna wants to do in 2019, you either appreciate it, try to find a way to an open mind, or dump on everything, feeding a wave of negativity that ultimately tarnishes the entire experience for the rest of us who actually respect and admire Madonna’s desire to push herself to evolve musically. If it’s not to your taste, that’s too bad. I hope you find something to enjoy in what lies ahead. But even that seems to be a troublesome prospect! We haven’t even seen the release of Madame X and people are already scrutinizing imaginary or rumored future projects that we know nothing about, dismissing the validity of her music because it didn’t light up the Hot 100 and airplay charts? 😝 Bitch I’m Loca may just be the anthem you’re hoping for!

Edited by Herfaceremains

2 minutes ago, Herfaceremains said:

The hostility towards Madonna’s artistic choices by a select few makes participating in discussions regarding her contemporary output feel defeatist. What was wrong with Sagara Jo?! What is wrong with her wanting to revisit her own music through the influence of the music she enjoys? If this is what Madonna wants to do in 2019, you either appreciate it, try to find a way to an open mind, or dump on everything feeding a wave of negativity that ultimately tarnishes the entire experience for the rest of us who actually respect and admire Madonna’s desire to push herself to evolve musically. If it’s not to your taste, that’a too bad. I hope you find something to enjoy in what lies ahead. But even that seems to be a troublesome prospect! We haven’t even seen the release of Madame X and people are already scrutinizing imaginary or rumored future projects that we know nothing about, dismissing the validity of her music because it didn’t light up the Hot 100 and airplay charts? 😝 Bitch I’m Loca May just be the anthem you’re hoping for!

+1

18 minutes ago, Herfaceremains said:

The hostility towards Madonna’s artistic choices by a select few makes participating in discussions regarding her contemporary output feel defeatist. What was wrong with Sagara Jo?! What is wrong with her wanting to revisit her own music through the influence of the music she enjoys? If this is what Madonna wants to do in 2019, you either appreciate it, try to find a way to an open mind, or dump on everything, feeding a wave of negativity that ultimately tarnishes the entire experience for the rest of us who actually respect and admire Madonna’s desire to push herself to evolve musically. If it’s not to your taste, that’s too bad. I hope you find something to enjoy in what lies ahead. But even that seems to be a troublesome prospect! We haven’t even seen the release of Madame X and people are already scrutinizing imaginary or rumored future projects that we know nothing about, dismissing the validity of her music because it didn’t light up the Hot 100 and airplay charts? 😝 Bitch I’m Loca may just be the anthem you’re hoping for!

yup yup !!!

30 minutes ago, Herfaceremains said:

This!

Sagara Jo was amazing, jfc. She's been reinventing her classics since she went on tour number 2, hell she made True Blue a house song via remix before that even. Changing things up has always been part of the package.

The best way to do a greatest hits album is to mold it on the immaculate collection. A multiple album affair including all her best and most famous tracks interwoven with more recent cuts...but only the very good ones making choices not based on the singles but the strength of the songs. For instance for mdna it would make sens to have gang bang addicted and love spent. She should include also more obscure compositions such as secret garden and paradise....all mixed with the bangers. She should get a musical director to adjust the mixing and make minor changes or mixes just to have everything come together nicely. In terms of branding she should keep the name immaculate collection and subtly update the design to make it the ultimate Madonna selection. She should add maybe just one b-side x album revisited by amazing producers like daft punk and why not some old friends like Leonard, orbit, rogers...this would be a real celebration!!!

Edited by samosamosamo

It's a shame that radio ignores her when the trend chasing collaborations this time are all actually really good. The only thing next is that the album and tour are well reviewed to create some buzz.

4 minutes ago, samosamosamo said:

The best way to do a sort of greatest hits album is to mold it on the immaculate collection. A multiple album affair including all her best and most famous tracks interwoven with more recent cuts...but only the very good ones making choices not based on the singles but the strength of the songs. For instance for mdna it would make sens to have gang bang addicted and love spent. She should include also more obscure compositions such as ducted garden and paradise....all mixed with the bangers. She should get a musical director to adjust the mixing and make minor changes or mixes just to have everything come together nicely. In terms of branding she should keep the name immaculate collection and subtly update the design to make it the ultimate Madonna selection. She should add maybe just one b-side x album revisited by amazing producers like daft punk and why not some old friends like Leonard, orbit, rogers...this would be a real celebration!!!

Wishful thinking. I think we all respect Madonna and her artistic choices but she and hear team would never think of compiling such a well thought-out compilation which includes hits and deep cuts. It’s sounds like a simple and great idea...in fact it sounds like the compilations I have been mixing for friends and colleagues for years already.

8 minutes ago, Plaything said:

Wishful thinking. I think we all respect Madonna and her artistic choices but she and hear team would never think of compiling such a well thought-out compilation which includes hits and deep cuts. It’s sounds like a simple and great idea...in fact it sounds like the compilations I have been mixing for friends and colleagues for years already.

I totally get what you are saying. Sad. But I have hope. She isn't a idiot.

4 hours ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

They dont know about Crave. Zero performances and minimal airplay will often lead to floppage.

Why bother drafting I'm Swae and releasing an okay song when she has bangers and brilliant material on the album that's she's saved because the featuring track has been released to attract a good crowd...

If she doesn't promote Crave and it doesn't get a push then it's a waste of time. Just drop the banger already !