Madame X: Discussion (LISTENING PARTY info within)

1 minute ago, sfm93 said:

GHV3 is coming, with new Candy Shop remixes 

With a bonus of Like a Prayer with extended Casio keyboard break down. 

1 hour ago, Hobbit said:

Inspired Portuguese version of her hits

Loja de doces de Madonna:The Greatest Hits

1. Candy Shop

2. Human Nature

3. Like a Prayer

4. Holiday

5. Music

6. La Isla Bonita

7. Ray of Light

8. Medellin

9. Crave

10. Future

2 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

1. Candy Shop

2. Human Nature

3. Like a Prayer

4. Holiday

5. Music

6. La Isla Bonita

7. Ray of Light

8. Medellin

9. Crave

10. Future

o meu acucar e cru!

I'd prefer a "Something To Remember" Ballad hits part 2 over another Greatest Hits...

Didn't she also want to make an Orchestral versions hits album at one point?

I would assume a greatest hits album would be a way to put out new material at a cheaper cost and guess what...could finally mean a full fledged greatest hits tour. JUST an idea so i dont want people say omg yes thats whats happening! But what if that blood moon film is actually a netflix doc about her life and celebrating her music and this greatest hits is meant to promote each other? What if she has been secretly writing her autobiography? Idk a greatest hits seems so random but at the same time makes sense. Idk especially since i get the impression madame x is the last album on her contract and she might want to take a loooong break before the next so a greatest hits can fill the gap. Idk....just a theory!

10 hours ago, sul8323 said:

The posted tracklist does not support that but we desperately need a collection from confessions on.  

there's a posted tracklist? can someone link me to it?

I want a ultra limited edition greatest hits boxset! 

CD 1, 2: hits known by general public. 

CD 3 : b sides and rarities

CD 4 -7: highlights of her remixes

CD 8: highlights of live performances

CD 9: alternate studio versions of songs 

CD 10: unreleased songs from album sessions

80 page book

autographed poster. (included in the first 5000 orders)

Hey, I can dream, can't I?

10 hours ago, Confessit said:

Unless something extra is being considered like unreleased material I don't see the point? Her career is covered brilliantly with the greatest hits we have.

I hold judgement until the project rolls out.....I'm far more more interested in the exhibition show she has hinted at a few times....she's kept most of her iconic clothes from all her tours and she has a vast catalogue of photographs to go with them....that would be a fantastic iconic show to go and visit.

My thoughts exactly. I visited the Dior exhibition at the V&A Museum in London in February and thought to myself: Madonna needs an exhibition like this. I'm sure it would draw massive crowds, and every wannabe fashionista with their fake Chanels would be fighting over the tickets. But most of all, it would be such a treat for us fans - just like the recent detail-heavy Bowie exhibition.

As for the compilations, I did enjoy Celebration too. Kudos for including Burning up🔥 Plus the artwork was brilliant. The only thing not worth celebrating was Revolver - however I do enjoy the euro-trash quality of the title track. 😂

I would love to get a proper career encompassing box set, which was in the works already before GHV2. At least I remember Caresse Henry mentioning it. But then it was scrapped for some reason. And didn't Madonna already discard the idea of a collection with unreleased material at some point. That sure sounds like her as she is the least nostalgic artist I know and also too much of perfectionist to release anything that she's not 100% happy about. Though I would love to get an album's worth of Your Honesty...

I believe that there will be a lot of surprises ahead, as that's what Madame X herself said after the initial meltdown over the theater tour: "Madame ❌ likes to try new things.................this tour is only the beginning................👠."

17 hours ago, Kim said:

It might be too early to say that, but we definitely had a very good start and they need to keep up the momentum!

I'd hoped to have heard about a Euro trip for promo by now or TV show announcements or something.

yes they must keep the momentum going . I hope she does Graham Norton rather than Johnathan Ross and throw Alan Carr in there for a bit of fun as well .

8 hours ago, Je5u5 said:

1. Candy Shop

2. Human Nature

3. Like a Prayer

4. Holiday

5. Music

6. La Isla Bonita

7. Ray of Light

8. Medellin

9. Crave

10. Future

Ok, let's put the correct titles:

1. Loja de doces (samba mix)

2. Natureza Humana (forró mix)

3. Como uma oraçao (funk carioca casio keyboard mix)

4. Feriado (frevo mix)

5. Música (fado mix)

6. A ilha bonita (funaná mix)

7. Raio de Luz (a capella)

8. Medellin (with Pablo Vittar)

9. Implorar (with Roberto Carlos)

10. Futuro (with Raça Negra)

7 minutes ago, Klasu said:

🤣🤣🤣

giphy.gif

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

if it's a greatest hits, does it mean it will be released by warner bros? cause they hold the rights to most of her catalog, and i think madonna holds the rights to the records that were distributed under interscope.

4 hours ago, Geiger83 said:

4. Feriado (frevo mix)

5. Música (fado mix)

Edicao limitada em uma lata de conserva de sardinha, por favor! 

28 minutes ago, ursula said:

Edicao limitada em uma lata de conserva de sardinha, por favor! 

😂

5 hours ago, Geiger83 said:

4. Feriado (frevo mix)

5. Música (fado mix)

:rotfl:

7 hours ago, Klasu said:

My thoughts exactly. I visited the Dior exhibition at the V&A Museum in London in February and thought to myself: Madonna needs an exhibition like this. I'm sure it would draw massive crowds, and every wannabe fashionista with their fake Chanels would be fighting over the tickets. But most of all, it would be such a treat for us fans - just like the recent detail-heavy Bowie exhibition.

As for the compilations, I did enjoy Celebration too. Kudos for including Burning up🔥 Plus the artwork was brilliant. The only thing not worth celebrating was Revolver - however I do enjoy the euro-trash quality of the title track. 😂

I would love to get a proper career encompassing box set, which was in the works already before GHV2. At least I remember Caresse Henry mentioning it. But then it was scrapped for some reason. And didn't Madonna already discard the idea of a collection with unreleased material at some point. That sure sounds like her as she is the least nostalgic artist I know and also too much of perfectionist to release anything that she's not 100% happy about. Though I would love to get an album's worth of Your Honesty...

I believe that there will be a lot of surprises ahead, as that's what Madame X herself said after the initial meltdown over the theater tour: "Madame ❌ likes to try new things.................this tour is only the beginning................👠."

A exhibition about Madonna would work only if she would be ready not to act as a curator. I know for sure V&A would love to do it. The problem is that it's much better when the main artist give the approval to the show but let the museum do their thing. This to avoid to have her ego on the way. Editing your own work is a nightmare! In addition it feels much better when a museum is dedicating u a show more then when you do one for yourself. Sadly the bjork show at Moma was a disaster because of a very bad curatorial project. Bjork totally regretted doing it. 

I would love to have good curators handling it to focus not only on the beauty of her career but also the politics. I would love to see for instance the inclusion of artefacts or objects that contributed to the forming of her outcomes. For instance the artist's work she admire...think about Fellini's Roma paired with American life original video or the blond doll Madonna was used to play when she was a girl and that inspired the high ponytail x the blond ambition tour 

1 hour ago, Marcelox said:

:rotfl:

😅

7 hours ago, Geiger83 said:

4. Feriado (frevo mix)

5. Música (fado mix)

Eu amo isso❤

1 minute ago, Je5u5 said:

Eu amo isso❤

😘

8 hours ago, cocolattee said:

its good that you like it cos you're gonna get it on tour

Yup, she just posted a video rehearsing the song.  If only she would come to South America 😔