Madame X: Discussion (LISTENING PARTY info within)

58 minutes ago, Mensch said:

So god control is the disco track but it’s also mid tempo!! Exciting for me but cue the meltdowns for those who want an uptempo banger! 

They are in meltdown anyway. At least this time they will know why. :lol: Personally, I'm thrilled if there is no banger.

I think some people have different concepts of what's midtempo, uptempo, etc. It makes it difficult to match expectations and descriptions from other people

I can't believe some people don't think Medellin and Future are uptempo :lol: Like, I get that they aren't Music, but c'mon

3 minutes ago, Cesky said:

I think some people have different concepts of what's midtempo, uptempo, etc. It makes it difficult to match expectations and descriptions from other people

I can't believe some people don't think Medellin and Future are uptempo :lol: Like, I get that they aren't Music, but c'mon

Agreed.

Madonna past bangers are Music, Hung Up, Into the Groove, Vogue real big dance/pop songs.

I doubt a review would use the word banger to describe something like Medellin or Future it's a strong descriptive word.

5 hours ago, Andra said:

4 hours ago, Nikki said:

she said he is also there

3 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

3 hours ago, pjcowley said:

3 hours ago, Marcelox said:

IMG_20190521_145828.jpg

2 hours ago, pjcowley said:

2 hours ago, Nikki said:

This is amazing. Thank you all for sharing all these review teases. Sounds so promising! I knew she would deliver the goods, and this project would be another creative peak in her discography. This will be a killer album!

Can't wait to read the full reviews and listen to album in June, 14th.

I had mentioned this before in previous discussions, but I believe the chosen singles/buzz singles were primarily chosen by Interscope/Maverick to reach different segments of the market, but I think fans would prefer much more to get the 100% Madonna songs first. It's a marketing strategy, and I get it, but at this stage in M's career, it doesn't really have much impact.

I'm so excited for all that's still to come. 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

9 minutes ago, headonfire said:

This is amazing. Thank you all for sharing all these review teases. Sounds so promising! I knew she would deliver the goods, and this project would be another creative peak in her discography. This will be a killer album!

Can't wait to read the full reviews and listen to album in June, 14th.

I had mentioned this before in previous discussions, but I believe the chosen singles/buzz singles were primarily chosen by Interscope/Maverick to reach different segments of the market, but I think fans would prefer much more to get the 100% Madonna songs first. It's a marketing strategy, and I get it, but at this stage in M's career, it doesn't really have much impact.

I'm so excited for all that's still to come. 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

That's what I think as well. 

The singles were choosnto reach as much of the public as possible and tap into a range of demographics.

The only thing I take note on is the Eurovision. I'd of taken a better song but apart from that I understand why Medellin and Crave have got centre stage this side of June 14th.

But come on now give us that glorious disco dance banger Madge to make those critics dance 😁

Just now, rekha said:

So excited by the reviews!!

And that's just the preview to the reviews.

When the reviews come out this place is gonna blow like NASA 🚀 

3 hours ago, Andra said:

Just listened to the whole of #Madamex (with cakes) Can safely say the best is yet to come. Some fantastic dark dramatic work with Mirwais
The highlights? Dark Ballet, I Don’t Search I Find
She’s clever…saved the really personal stuff for the album release…
There’s a beautiful, weird piano-led track, and a disco banger…hard to describe…strange world pop?
She sings out on a few. She is comfortable. She’s in her own space
I think stadiums aren’t quite right for this album…theatres will be perfect
Least favourite? Hmmm…Looking for Mercy
The disco track was my favourite!
I am…I actually prefer this album to Rebel Heart…it feels more organic
Yes, one disco track that takes us right back to that Detroit dance floor
Is there something like Paradise (Not For Me)? – Yes, though updated to now…imagine a conversation between Madonna and Mirwais now
Review? It’ll be in the next issue of Mojo mag x
I personally think she’s better in one to one collaboration with a trusted producer (eg Orbit, Mirwais, Pat Leonard)
It’s like she’s gone beyond the sales – ‘this is my life in Lisbon’…
Couple of fillers, but they feel more like a vibe, rather than ‘we sat the production team in a room and they didn’t come up with anything’. More organic
About ‘Killers’ – I can’t say too much, but it is a manifesto song…Madonna laying herself in the line
Autotune…but less obviously. The more relaxed she is the less she needs it
Are the Mirwais tracks simple or electronic – Imagine where he would be now. French house a big influence…and world pop
Another ‘Hung Up’? – One or two…me and the writer from Attitude really like a couple that haven’t been singles yet!
I actually think the best tracks have been held forthe album release, but that’s my personal preference! 

Omg,  I'm absolutely LOVING all this info. Can't wait to hear it.

5 minutes ago, Crux said:

Omg,  I'm absolutely LOVING all this info. Can't wait to hear it.

Yes,  Can't wait.  One of the most exciting times in life is listening to a brand new Madonna album - then playing it again and again.  

1 minute ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Yes,  Can't wait.  One of the most exciting times in life is listening to a brand new Madonna album - then playing it again and again.  

💓

1 hour ago, Martin B. said:

They are in meltdown anyway. At least this time they will know why. :lol: Personally, I'm thrilled if there is no banger.

What even is a banger? That’s weird slang anyway. It would be a bop!

1 hour ago, Cesky said:

Even music is a decently slow song compared to some of her faster stuff like give it 2 me 

These tidbits are so exciting!

So let’s recap and hypothesize based on the morsels of info trickling in.

God Control and I Don’t Search I Find possibly the disco stompers some have been dying for?

But what of Killers Who Are Partying?  Lucy O’Brien apparently tweeted that it’s a “manifesto.”  Could that one be experimental like Paradise (Not For Me)?  It’s another long track according to the times given in Wikipedia. Would be hilarious if this one ended up a ballad lmao, but I don’t think so.

Faz Gostoso and Bitch I’m Loca probably upbeat, lighthearted, fun tracks unless she throws us a total curveball with the latter?

What about Batuka??  We only know a snippet of lyrics from British Vogue.  A mysterious world music ballad or something more uptempo?

Seems we know nothing at all about the other two Starrah tracks, Crazy and Come Alive.  My hope is that one of them could be a ballad, and if either Extreme Occident or Looking For Mercy is a ballad that would make two which would satisfy both the ballad and disco stomper camps :lmao:

I want it all!  Can’t wait to take it all in!!

Reading this, now I am 100% sure that she saved the best for last. Focusing on album sales when it's released and not on the singles. She knows it!

50 minutes ago, Iconic Fetus said:

They said that the reviews will be out in June 4th.

In God control (Disco banger) we trust!!!

Some people are gonna hype themselves up for a disco banger that may just not be. 

Interpretations can vary person to person.

This is all very exciting! Why isn’t this thread more active right now?! Bumping it up — because I nearly missed all these great tweets.

I am trying to remain a *little* reserved. As @karbatal pointed out to @acko, some of these folks aren’t traditional journalists (or even music critics) ... though they are writers. Several just seem like they would be pre-disposed to be favorable to Madonna. (There’s still plenty to be positive about — their glowing praise is still a good sign! They still could have come out disliking it, or feeling lukewarm about it, so I’m not trying to be “glass half-empty” about it. And their opinions are just as valid as a stuffy critic’s or a hater’s ... I’d rather hear these folks’ opinions, personally! But we’ll see if the broader media is as fair and impressed as this bunch. Here’s hoping!)

7 hours ago, Iconic Fetus said:

They said that the reviews will be out in June 4th.

In God control (Disco banger) we trust!!!

M will disco stomp the opposition. :lol2:

Usual feelings.....I just want the album!

Wanna play it from start to finish and be immersed in it.

I think parts will be unusual and as far as I know not typical 'song structures'.

I'm so excited for this album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, drunkbysix said:

Is she not releasing another single before the album? I swore there was another ballad she was gonna release

Dark Ballet, June 7

5 minutes ago, ITG said:

Usual feelings.....I just want the album!

Wanna play it from start to finish and be immersed in it.

I think parts will be unusual and as far as I know not typical 'song structures'.

I'm so excited for this album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep. Good to see positivity here. Sick of the Eurovision meltdown. I’ll remember who said what! :republican::dead: