Madame X: Discussion (LISTENING PARTY info within)

52 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

I know what you mean but I'm playing them in the background and actually they work together. I'm surprised four mid tempo songs have been released in succession and I'm still hoping there will be some instant classics on the album.

However, I remember being the same with bedtime stories - no uptempo pop songs but that's become one of my favourite albums, way above Ray of light.

They do start to grow on you. Have a drink or three and put them on in the background! 🍾🥃

I'm hoping for the same - that it will grow on me. As others have said, I don't think there's been a Madonna album without maybe one song I at least skip if not dislike, but I just don't get everything after Medellin. But I do intend to listen to all of it in its entirety, the way M. wants the album heard and that can change the way I think about tracks and the work as a whole. 

I dunno I just feel like a stranger in a strange land. Like, 4 Minutes and GMAYL did nothing for me, but I knew there's was more coming that I would indeed love and did - Candy Shop, Give it 2 Me, Addicted, Gang Bang, Love Spent... but I dunno. Medellin set my hopes high and I ain't digging the followups...

SOMEBODY HOLD ME!!!! WHAT'S HAPPENING TO ME!?!?!?!! 🙂 

anyone else having trouble with the downloaded content from Madame X songs on iTunes? Medellin, Crave and Future show up at the end of the list of Madonna albums and I Rise in the M section, even with deleting the other artist's name it won't move up to the M section, so the songs aren't together. how to fix that?

This is kind of dorky, but I am really grateful for the relatively simple writing and production credits that seem to be the mark of this album. MDNA’s credits were slightly annoying but still possible to keep track of, but just looking at the RH credits gives me a splitting headache to this day.

4 hours ago, Andyrs said:

Hey! Did someone from this forum Shazam these songs? They have one shazam each.

EE7DD58F-F825-4FA9-8D71-8D3323F5410B.png

A5DFF733-AC35-4762-9A26-CB1B7D7D6C86.png

3F9DEC20-00BA-458A-864D-0E29CE594BAD.png

maybe they're shazamed by someone in her team

3 hours ago, Ven Conmigo said:

Yass, this tweet is gospel. I'm so sick and tired of negativity and bitter fans expecting some kind of Hung Up Reloaded over and over again. If you live in the past you miss enyoing the present Future... Mambo Huncho.

Edited by JohnnyUtah

11 hours ago, poprock said:

I haven't listened to any songs besides Medellín, and I only listened to Medellín a few times. I want to wait for the full album before listening to anymore songs. 

Am I the only weird person doing this? lol

I'm the same, have only listened to Medellin & Soltera, nothing else till June 14, stay strong!!:thumbsup:

How are the pre-orders on itunes?

On Amazom, things are not looking good......

#1 Bruce Springsteen

#354 Madonna

After Eurovision Week, she should start promoting the album in the US, with interviews.

2 hours ago, impr3ssive_instant said:

YESSSS I've been saying this forever! Go listen to Kylie and Robyn if you want that shit. Her gay fans are the worst...

Not Robyn. She’s evolved and just dropped a sparse/experimental dance record, not for the masses but who those who love deep house. 

21 minutes ago, Aries said:

I bet a lot of people ordered from like Target to get deluxe....or on iTunes (I got both)

Great!

Amazom only has the standart edition and the Vinyl, so maybe that's why fans are buying the album somewhere else.

Bruce Springsteen hasn’t had a hit in five million years and he drastically outsells m? Oh gosh I hope the ticket bundling helps but how much Can it help if before the album drops m has only a small handful of tour dates ??

1 minute ago, imakicola said:

Bruce Springsteen hasn’t had a hit in five million years and he drastically outsells m? Oh gosh I hope the ticket bundling helps but how much Can it help if before the album drops m has only a small handful of tour dates ??

bruce still has a loyal fanbase who are older and still buy CDs. and also, the deluxe edition is exclusive to target, which is where most fans are probably pre-ordering the album.

so while I have enjoyed most of what I have heard from Madame x  I cant be the only excited for the latin influence..i cant wait to hear those songs as I enjoyed medejin (sp?) 

On 5/17/2019 at 2:49 PM, poprock said:

I haven't listened to any songs besides Medellín, and I only listened to Medellín a few times. I want to wait for the full album before listening to anymore songs. 

Am I the only weird person doing this? lol

Thing is she wants us to listen to those other songs. That's why she's putting them out. That's how she wants us to get familiar with her vision for this era.

22 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

Thing is she wants us to listen to those other songs. That's why she's putting them out. That's how she wants us to get familiar with her vision for this era.

Yeah I agree. I think you miss out too much from the roll out by waiting for the 'album experience' which doesn't really exist anymore.

I know it's an extreme example, but I shielded myself from (most of) the RH demo experience and wish I hadn't in retrospect.

I’m starting to get the message of her, this will be like American Life 2.0 but global, not only on the sounds but the urgency to do something, but it’s weird because I Rise and Future give that message but then Medellin and Crave are more personal/dreamy/romantic and don’t have any urgency, then Dark Ballet and God Control do.

Anyway, so far I like that every song released is like an edge of Madame X (album), every song is different and doesn’t have relation but somehow the work, let's see the flow once we can hear the complete album in 26 days 🙂

5 minutes ago, Iconic Fetus said:

I’m starting to get the message of her, this will be like American Life 2.0 but global, not only on the sounds but the urgency to do something, but it’s weird because I Rise and Future give that message but then Medellin and Crave are more personal/dreamy/romantic and don’t have any urgency, then Dark Ballet and God Control do.

Anyway, so far I like that every song released is like an edge of Madame X (album), every song is different and doesn’t have relation but somehow the work, let's see the flow once we can hear the complete album in 26 days 🙂

Love your description! Feel very much the same about the direction of the album. ❤️

21 minutes ago, Crazy4MadonnaVzla said:

Now God Control had 2

Screenshot_20190520-011055.png

Well the insider from ATRL has heard the tracks as he posted this on May 10th. So people are hearing the album somehow and must be able to shazam it. 

870C319C-7814-4BFF-AE4E-B385F7DBF463.png