Eurovision

Can't wait for tonight! If you're having parties take pics! Just like the Superbowl I shall be silent for the duration of her performance. Such anxiety. I hope the sales surge. I hope she slays. Happy gay Olympics folks!!

1 hour ago, Ven Conmigo said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/9100283/madonna-eurovision-2019-tel-aviv-losing-money/

MATERIAL GIRL Madonna is not profiting from her Eurovision performance tonight as we reveal the facts about her historic gig in Tel Aviv

With false reporting surrounding the performance, I've established the facts

By Dan Wootton, Executive Editor

17th May 2019, 9:31 pm

Updated: 18th May 2019, 7:30 am

THE number of people trying to bring down Madonna with false reporting around her highly anticipated Eurovision performance tomorrow night is out of control. So I’ve established the facts.

Most importantly, the Queen of Pop will NOT profit from her two-song set – uplifting new track Future and the iconic Like A Prayer – in Tel Aviv, Israel.

The Canadian-Israeli billionaire Sylvan Adams has spent a million dollars to cover the costs of the performance.

But because she wants it to be so epic, the costs are actually higher than that meaning Madonna is dipping into her own pocket to cover the rest of the production fees.

To be clear, that means Madonna is losing money on Eurovision and certainly not financially profiting from it.

That’s because the production is going to be spectacular, including a 35-strong choir (not 40 back-up singers as has been incorrectly claimed), a troupe of dancers and a live band.

Sources close to the singer say she is happy to foot the majority of the bill because Eurovision is a celebration of music from all across the world and it makes sense that she wants to be there for the first time in her career ahead of the release of her new album Madame X next month.

Madonna was not barred from entering rehearsals either – I’m told she walked in with no issues accompanied by her long-time manager Guy Oseary.

The delay to signing the official contract before she performs is over small technicalities, rather than anything that would stop her taking the stage.

Claims her personal entourage is made up of 175 people is also wide of the mark.

Her personal staff is relatively small – mainly hair, make-up and styling staff.

Madonna has refused to buckle to political pressure not to perform at the event, saying earlier this week: “I’ll never stop playing music to suit someone’s political agenda nor will I stop speaking out against violations of human rights wherever in the world they may be.”

The overwhelming number of headlines this week show that at 60 Madonna still knows how to dominate the pop culture agenda.

It would be so easy for the media to also establish the facts, but no, they prefer to bash her. Even supposedly reputable media such as the BBC Newsnight.

My Guess for the contract stall was that QUEEN MADONNA wanted the rights to post her performance on youtube after....and they weren't going for it.....I hope she won out.

19 minutes ago, MLVC82 said:

My Guess for the contract stall was that QUEEN MADONNA wanted the rights to post her performance on youtube after....and they weren't going for it.....I hope she won out.

There is also the DVD / BLURAY release of the show. They ll probably cut out her performance.

5 minutes ago, Ladyplus said:

There is also the DVD / BLURAY release of the show. They ll probably cut out her performance.

Now that would be shameful imho!

1 minute ago, Bette Davis Dub said:

I don't think she brings an epic choir to lip sync with them. 😏

we know she usually sings live.. the problem is the person adjusting the volume and messing shit up.. like the billboard awards.. 

2 hours ago, Who Is That Girl? said:

So typical, Australian reporter live form EV reporting 'Madonna will perform two songs LAP and a new song absolutely no one is interested in, followed by laugh in studio, my god it is relentless.

Casual fans and the general public don't care about new songs. I do understand them.

Just imagine Cindy Lauper is invited to perform and she does her country music shit lol. No one would care. They want to hear Girls Just Want to Have Fun and True Colors. 

I once went to a Bon Jovi concert. I'm a casual fan and wanted to hear the handful of classics I know. Had they not played them, i would have been disappointed.

3 minutes ago, Nikki said:

we know she usually sings live.. the problem is the person adjusting the volume and messing shit up.. like the billboard awards.. 

Agree. Living For Love in the Brits is a fine example. 

But the Billboard awards the isolated vocals proofed that she was not singing everything. She kept the volume up on porpoise. Unlike LFL where all was live, she didn't sing properly live Medellin.

There's a tendency on this forum to blame "her team" (whatever that means) but to applaud her alone when things turn out right.

1 hour ago, Danmacevents said:

Can't wait for tonight! If you're having parties take pics! Just like the Superbowl I shall be silent for the duration of her performance. Such anxiety. I hope the sales surge. I hope she slays. Happy gay Olympics folks!!

Love your enthusiasm, so nice and now rare to read on any online forum . I had to leave another   Fan site last year after been accused of being too “glass half full” and I’m glad to see that madonnanation is not near half as negative or depressing as that other one . Here’s to M slaying tonight everyone !

2 minutes ago, RyanAnth4 said:

Love your enthusiasm, so nice and now rare to read on any online forum . I had to leave another   Fan site last year after been accused of being too “glass half full” and I’m glad to see that madonnanation is not near half as negative or depressing as that other one . Here’s to M slaying tonight everyone !

Agree!!!! 😄😄😄😄😄😄

Just now, karbatal said:

Agree. Living For Love in the Brits is a fine example. 

But the Billboard awards the isolated vocals proofed that she was not singing everything. She kept the volume up on porpoise. Unlike LFL where all was live, she didn't sing properly live Medellin.

There's a tendency on this forum to blame "her team" (whatever that means) but to applaud her alone when things turn out right.

well, that is true as well.. she isn't "always" singing live. sometimes a backing track/tape takes over.. but there's many times when she sang live and people assumed she lip synched because of the technical reasons.. It would be a shame if she sang like a prayer live beautifully, but a studio vocal is put on too highly. 

I just can't wait she's been mentioned in everything to do with tonight's contest here in the U.K. from TV specials about the Eurovision to radio nods to the show itself. She's been in all the newspapers so everyone knows she is coming the hype is certainly there!!!

Madonna back on mainstream TV in front of an epic production dressed in head to toe in iconic JPG is just magic......I can't wait for social media to explode tonight following her performance....

I do wonder will there be a push on Future tonight on radio/as a single following its debut to the Europe/world? Is there a music video for the song round the corner.....I mean is it being treated as just an album track promotion for Madame X or is it truly the 3rd single?

Whatever happens I'm sure after tonight the streams/sales of Future will enjoy a big boost across Europe.

1 minute ago, Nikki said:

well, that is true as well.. she isn't "always" singing live. sometimes a backing track/tape takes over.. but there's many times when she sang live and people assumed she lip synched because of the technical reasons.. It would be a shame if she sang like a prayer live beautifully, but a studio vocal is put on too highly. 

She's the boss. If she's hired someone many times is because she wants it that way. That's why I sometimes laugh at the "let's write Oseary to ask that she doesn't work with Aldo or Demo", as if Madonna were a puppet like others. 

That said, I'm SO HAPPY she's bringing a LIVE BAND!!!!  

4 minutes ago, karbatal said:

She's the boss. If she's hired someone many times is because she wants it that way. That's why I sometimes laugh at the "let's write Oseary to ask that she doesn't work with Aldo or Demo", as if Madonna were a puppet like others. 

she also had a band at the billboard awards…..

that doesnt mean anything. The band on her last few tours didnt sound like a live band at all but only adding some live touches here and there…..i wish she would bring a real live band like the one on The Girlie Show or Drowned world tour.

30 minutes ago, whyme? said:

What time did Justin Timberlake perform?

Can't stop the feeling. 

Edit: actually he started with Rock Your Body, but it was short.

20 minutes ago, Confessit said:

I just can't wait she's been mentioned in everything to do with tonight's contest here in the U.K. from TV specials about the Eurovision to radio nods to the show itself. She's been in all the newspapers so everyone knows she is coming the hype is certainly there!!!

Madonna back on mainstream TV in front of an epic production dressed in head to toe in iconic JPG is just magic......I can't wait for social media to explode tonight following her performance....

I do wonder will there be a push on Future tonight on radio/as a single following its debut to the Europe/world? Is there a music video for the song round the corner.....I mean is it being treated as just an album track promotion for Madame X or is it truly the 3rd single?

Whatever happens I'm sure after tonight the streams/sales of Future will enjoy a big boost across Europe.

I highly doubt Future is being pushed as 3rd single when Crave has just been released as the 2nd one. And we don't even have the video out yet.

22 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Doesn't matter if she "wants it that way" or not. If we want to point out that Aldo is a mediocre designer (he is) and Demo makes her songs sound awful (he does) then we can. Madonna is not infallible. 

And the awful mixing in her live TV appearances, which again is a deficiency in the communication between her musical director and the broadcast mixing team. is actually the ONLY thing I'm worried about tonight.

And here's another. Why is it left to Dan Wootten, shit gossip tsar, to refute the shit press Madonna has been getting about Eurovision? Yes, that's her PR team's fault.

And LOL at "live band"

4 minutes ago, Kim said:

Doesn't matter if she "wants it that way" or not. If we want to point out that Aldo is a mediocre designer (he is) and Demo makes her songs sound awful (he does) then we can. Madonna is not infallible. 

And the awful mixing in her live TV appearances, which again is a deficiency in the communication between her musical director and the broadcast mixing team. is actually the ONLY thing I'm worried about tonight.

And here's another. Why is it left to Dan Wootten, shit gossip tsar, to refute the shit press Madonna has been getting about Eurovision? Yes, that's her PR team's fault.

And LOL at "live band"

Yes..

Im already expecting a fuck up during Future because of the autotune and weird effects, but they cant fuck up Like a Prayer. They cant!

Last night mike dean posted about doing some mixing for eurovision. A night before the show.

Is she still even rehearsing today?

3 hours ago, alquemist said:

👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

She looks gorgeous here, and  a reason I actually don't want her wearing the eye patch just this one time!

6 minutes ago, whyme? said:

What time* :))

Oh sorry, I guess I'm too sleepy. LOL

I have no idea tbh...