Maluma and Jimmy Falon on Madonna

24 minutes ago, elijah said:

Love them! Its so rare to find two (supposedly) straight men raving about Madonna!

Really?  Most straight guys I know like her and acknowledge her as being a legend and "I'd still hit it".

Some bitter, nasty gay men on the other hand are downright cruel and ugly with hate when it comes to Madonna

Wow I can’t believe Maluma’s last single two months ago already has BIM’s views lol. It’s the Latin market. 

Why wont they come for Medellin????

34 minutes ago, Samo said:

Really?  Most straight guys I know like her and acknowledge her as being a legend and "I'd still hit it".

Some bitter, nasty gay men on the other hand are downright cruel and ugly with hate when it comes to Madonna

Agree. Worst comments come from gays and women. 

10 minutes ago, imakicola said:

Wow I can’t believe Maluma’s last single two months ago already has BIM’s views lol. It’s the Latin market. 

Most youngsters party and dance and such with YouTube playlists. Medellín is not a party track.

24 minutes ago, karbatal said:

YUP.

Finally. Someone sees it too

1 hour ago, elijah said:

Love them! Its so rare to find two (supposedly) straight men raving about Madonna!

Look at me, I’m a straight guy crazy about the Queen! 

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

Most youngsters party and dance and such with YouTube playlists. Medellín is not a party track.

Soltera sounds like a Party track with 700m views.

9 hours ago, JR! said:

WTF he wants to collaborate with JT...???

Well he's 25 or something like that. He grew up with Justin / Nsync, must've been like 8 years old for Cry Me a River. And then there is the Madonna connection.

11 hours ago, imakicola said:

Many young latins didn't connect with Medellin because it doesn't have the typical regeatton beat.   They only liked the last catchy part of the song so didn't gave it the chance. 

SOLTERA would be a huge hit, that is going to be typical regeatton.

Edited by madmex

11 hours ago, karbatal said:

That's why there should be a GOOD remix of Medellin with a remix video.

1 minute ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

That's why there should be a GOOD remix of Medellin with a remix video.

Yes. I wonder why Madonna kept the song low-key ON PORPOISE. 

18 hours ago, elijah said:

Such a sweet and humble young man. Madonna was totally right with her description

7 hours ago, Je5u5 said:

Well he's 25 or something like that. He grew up with Justin / Nsync, must've been like 8 years old for Cry Me a River. And then there is the Madonna connection.

👍

18 hours ago, Samo said:

There are people from every group that are don't like Madonna.   Piers Morgan is a classic example - a straight guy who is revolting who hates Madonna.  .   

17 hours ago, karbatal said:

Maybe things are different in Australia.  Seriously,  don't see the same thing at all here.   Find just as many women that love Madonna as men do.  A lot of women I know love Madonna.   I think we highlight the celebrities that don't like her and actually are ignoring the amount of females that do love her.  Ditto with the gay men that hate Madonna -  just as many gay men love her.  Lots of straight men love Madonna - some don't.   I truly don't see it as a gender/sexuality/age thing. 

Jimmy and Maluma - what a delightful conversation about Madonna.   Jimmy is such a fantastic Madonna fan and Maluma impresses me more and more each time I see him.  Lovely personality - very warm and full of personality.  

1 minute ago, Jazzy Jan said:

There are people from every group that are don't like Madonna.   Piers Morgan is a classic example - a straight guy who is revolting who hates Madonna.  .   

Maybe things are different in Australia.  Seriously,  don't see the same thing at all here.   Find just as many women that love Madonna as men do.  A lot of women I know love Madonna.   I think we highlight the celebrities that don't like her and actually are ignoring the amount of females that do love her.  Ditto with the gay men that hate Madonna -  just as many gay men love her.  Lots of straight men love Madonna - some don't.   I truly don't see it as a gender/sexuality/age thing. 

Yes I agree

We must never generalise. Women, men, straight, gay, young, older etc. All people are different. Especially when it comes to the "Madonna angle"

18 hours ago, Samo said:

this, hating madonna is a gay thing where i live

Sadly, yes, scathing judgments have come from a very vocal part of those women and gay men. Misogyny and ageism affect these two groups probably more than anyone else, so the projections of it onto their own are sadly no surprise. But let's not forget that much of Madonna's most scathing criticism has also come from straight men. For all the obvious reasons. (Names even not need be mentioned as most know who some of those are...).

@Jazzy Jan laid it out perfectly once again. Truth is, the nastiness has come from all these demographics (misogyny and ageism know no bounds). But the support has also come from them as well (and let's not fool ourselves, a loyal/foundational aspect to Madonna's fanbase are women and LGBT+ folks, particularly gay men). It's not completely black or white.