Madonna @ NYC pride - CONFIRMED !

Guest eroticerotic
10 hours ago, strictmachine said:

#JusticeForImGoingBananas

Actually, I think that would be camp and cute and fun. lol!

I think the divide is that people want joyful/empowering music not joyless/jarring for the event and context. I think instead of I Rise Live To Tell or  would be more definitive. Vogue instead of Future. Crave and I Don't Search would be wonderful.

Vogue
I Don’t Search I Find
Crave
Live To Tell

I think it's great that she's performing American Life again. We haven't gotten it live since Re-Invention Tour. I agree that it's not appropriate for Pride but at the same time, I want her to do whatever she wants. So, I'm torn.

Just now, frzndrwnwrld said:

I think it's great that she's performing American Life again. We haven't gotten it live since Re-Invention Tour. I agree that it's not appropriate for Pride but at the same time, I want her to do whatever she wants. So, I'm torn.

I’m not sure I’ve ever really found AL political. The video obviously but for me the song was more about her own introspection and where she was currently at in her life after 20 years of fame. To me it doesn’t fit Pride and actually feels ham fisted.

She has the potential to cause a gay implosion with simply four songs from a catalogue of 36 years so her choices strike me as odd.

im fine with I Rise... it’s suitable and I hope it’s the one she begins with.

Ideally I wish she was doing 10 songs... starting with serious and contemplative, building to joy and hope. Just like the last 50 years of the gay movement. If that were the case then sure, throw in Future.

IMO it’s a disappointing set of song choices however I’m not going to throw in my Stan card over it. I would have loved a Live8 moment... I don’t see this resonating with the crowd though and gaining her any new or younger fans. A longer and more thought out set list may have had that potential.

Sorry if I’ve been a Debbie Downer!

7 minutes ago, cardiganstarlet said:

I’m not sure I’ve ever really found AL political. The video obviously but for me the song was more about her own introspection and where she was currently at in her life after 20 years of fame. To me it doesn’t fit Pride and actually feels ham fisted.

She has the potential to cause a gay implosion with simply four songs from a catalogue of 36 years so her choices strike me as odd.

im fine with I Rise... it’s suitable and I hope it’s the one she begins with.

Ideally I wish she was doing 10 songs... starting with serious and contemplative, building to joy and hope. Just like the last 50 years of the gay movement. If that were the case then sure, throw in Future.

IMO it’s a disappointing set of song choices however I’m not going to throw in my Stan card over it. I would have loved a Live8 moment... I don’t see this resonating with the crowd though and gaining her any new or younger fans. A longer and more thought out set list may have had that potential.

Sorry if I’ve been a Debbie Downer!

No, not a Debbie Downer moment at all from you. That is the most sane, rational response one can give. 

Unlike writing a social science dissertation on how the gays do not care about the message blablabla just to defend her choice to sing a SELF-INDULGENT song like "American Life" at the Pride. 

:gross: 

Self-indulgent would be to perform four classics  and get a rain of glitter and balloons, as any has been legend would do.

That's what you would expect for others. 

Anyway, I'm not surprised if she's fed up with the demanding fans. Just yesterday in her Instagram some absurda called her crazy for releasing the footage clip for I Rise instead of Faz Gostoso.

I hope the Mary Janes in the audience ready to get their poppers to dance at Hung Up get so bored that their bubble finally explodes :lmao: 

5 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Self-indulgent would be to perform four classics  and get a rain of glitter and balloons, as any has been legend would do.

That's what you would expect for others. 

Anyway, I'm not surprised if she's fed up with the demanding fans. Just yesterday in her Instagram some absurda called her crazy for releasing the footage clip for I Rise instead of Faz Gostoso.

I hope the Mary Janes in the audience ready to get their poppers to dance at Hung Up get so bored that their bubble finally explodes :lmao: 

Well, if she refuses to entertain the crowd, then maybe she should be prepared that her popularity would suffer. One of the reasons why she is the biggest selling female artist is the fact that she is one of the best performers and entertainers of all time, if not the best. She is not known for her political songs and they are not among her best selling singles (= people don't love her  for that). Maybe after almost 40 years she feels like she don't have to pander to Europeans (at ESC) and gays (at pride), but it has its price. At present it seems like Madame X would do better in USA, than EU and I feel like its a consequence of the ESC performance. If the Pride performance alienates the gays, I don't see the point.

However, I hope its a great performance and she surprises us all. 

4 minutes ago, elijah said:

Well, if she refuses to entertain the crowd, then maybe she should be prepared that her popularity would suffer. One of the reasons why she is the biggest selling female artist is the fact that she is one of the best performers and entertainers of all time, if not the best. She is not known for her political songs and they are not among her best selling singles (= people don't love her  for that). Maybe after almost 40 years she feels like she don't have to pander to Europeans (at ESC) and gays (at pride), but it has its price. At present it seems like Madame X would do better in USA, than EU and I feel like its a consequence of the ESC performance. If the Pride performance alienates the gays, I don't see the point.

Yes, to quote her she doesn't have the luxuary of time to gain new fans. Actually she's doing the contrary. As someone say I'm not going to throw in my stan card, but I'm a bit disappointing, knowing the quality of her new materials! 

God, the fallacies in here are hilarious.

IF you object to a setlist and provide your reasoning for it, you automatically branded as this flailing faggot who will only be satisfied to hear 5 Hung Up's in a row capped off by the Sphinx Medellin version.  We all know that's not true. But that's your only refutation and I get it, you gotta stick to it. 

But it's really not that simple boo. 

36 minutes ago, elijah said:

I would be very entertained with Future I Rise and American Life and I'm gay. Madonna's public is not reduced to certain styles. This discussion is intertwined with the "disco bangers" discussion some weeks ago. 

I love about her how much she respects the intelligence of her fans and how different are her approaches depending on the moment. That's why she's not an slave to a certain style like happened to Kylie or Katy Perry.

36 minutes ago, elijah said:

That's true. She's an entertainer. That's her job and she's always been good at it. But I do think she failed at Eurovision. I did not find that performance entertaining but I understand her reasonings for doing it. She was trying to make a statement and I feel like she will do the same at Pride.

35 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

God, the fallacies in here are hilarious.

IF you object to a setlist and provide your reasoning for it, you automatically branded as this flailing faggot who will only be satisfied to hear 5 Hung Up's in a row capped off by the Sphinx Medellin version.  We all know that's not true. But that's your only refutation and I get it, you gotta stick to it. 

But it's really not that simple boo. 

I do not even know how they draw these conclusions. I am neither gay nor a man and yet I would like that at NYC Pride commemorating 50 years of Stonewall, that mother superior who they have tried to get for decades does not go there full of self importance trying to get the gays woke. They came there to party and drink and celebrate how far they have come even though there is still a ways to go. There is still time for that in Madonna's art isn't there? Dear God! Not everything must be the world is doomed and we must do something to change it. We know. But every now and then can we just dance M? Can we?!

9 minutes ago, karbatal said:

I would be very entertained with Future I Rise and American Life and I'm gay.

Hope u are right and those gays are entertained with those choices.

5 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

That's true. She's an entertainer. That's her job and she's always been good at it. But I do think she failed at Eurovision. I did not find that performance entertaining but I understand her reasonings for doing it. She was trying to make a statement and I feel like she will do the same at Pride.

Then she needs to become a full time Political activist and start showing up on these cable news network panels. There is more entertainment on her instagram than Madonna Live these days and that is just painful to say. Those moments she spends just rocking out on her IG with 14 million followers she should be preaching if that is who she is now. When people pay her or come to see MADONNA entertain as the greatest showgirl, they expect that. I do not know when it became one or the other for her. The Madonna I know could do both regardless of what song she is performing. 

3 minutes ago, Jeby said:

I do not even know how they draw these conclusions. I am neither gay nor a man and yet I would like that at NYC Pride commemorating 50 years of Stonewall, that mother superior who they have tried to get for decades does not go there full of self importance trying to get the gays woke. They came there to party and drink and celebrate how far they have come even though there is still a ways to go. There is still time for that in Madonna's art isn't there? Dear God! Not everything must be the world is doomed and we must do something to change it. We know. But every now and hen can we just dance M? Can we?!

This feels so right!