A poi a gurl

I hope she does the same exact perf :lol:

8 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

*joyless guitar intro*

*warbly auto tune*

”I.... tried to be a POI, I tried to be a GURL...” *squawk*

yeah this really has a chance go down as a great perf on a historical day 😂

Exactly 😞

50 years of Stonewall. It would have been the perfect moment to remember the fight of the past, to enjoy the achievements and to reflect on the challenges of the present. And maybe to remember that Pride used to be a politcal demonstration. Today the overwhelming majority of gays merely see it as another chance to get drunk, to get drugged up, to fuck around like there is no tomorrow. Of couse only, if you are a young, good looking or at least well hung guy. But of course, the gay community is such an inclusive one, where everyone finds his/her place. What a fucking lie, what fucking hypocrisy, what fucking superficiality. This community needs a wake up call. The whole situation of "let's have a party", reminds me of this scene in "A normal heart" where people were still arguing that they will not stop fucking around because they have somehow earned that right when they are confronted with the fact that this "gay cancer" is most likely transferred by having sex. Ignorance is a bliss they say. NO, it's not. And the fact that 50 years of Stonewall seems to be just another chance to have mindless fun is frustrating. Just as frustrating as the reaction Madonna received during her GLAAD speech when she mentioned 50 years of Stonewall and its importance and there was a deafening silence in the room full of supposedly educated people or activists. Confused about it, she abruptly changed the topic and started talking about herself "hhm kay, her comes the me part".

This community is its worst enemy. How can you expect people outside of the community to stand up for you, if you don't even do it for yourself. If there should come a time when LGBTQ rights will be dismantled, this community is the only one to blame. The question is: will this community fight then or will they party on and play the victim because it's so en vogue?

End of rant. 

2 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

50 years of Stonewall. It would have been the perfect moment to remember the fight of the past, to enjoy the achievements and to reflect on the challenges of the present. And maybe to remember that Pride used to be a politcal demonstration. Today the overwhelming majority of gays merely see it as another chance to get drunk, to get drugged up, to fuck around like there is no tomorrow. Of couse only, if you are a young, good looking or at least well hung guy. But of course, the gay community is such an inclusive one, where everyone finds his/her place. What a fucking lie, what fucking hypocrisy, what fucking superficiality. This community needs a wake up call. The whole situation of "let's have a party", reminds me of this scene in "A normal heart" where people were still arguing that they will not stop fucking around because they have somehow earned that right when they are confronted with the fact that this "gay cancer" is most likely transferred by having sex. Ignorance is a bliss they say. NO, it's not. And the fact that 50 years of Stonewall seems to be just another chance to have mindless fun is frustrating. Just as frustrating as the reaction Madonna received during her GLAAD speech when she mentioned 50 years of Stonewall and its importance and there was a deathening silence in the room full of supposedly educated people or activists. Confused about it, she abruptly changed the topic and started talking about herself "hhm kay, her comes the me part".

This community is its worst enemy. How can you expect people outside of the community to stand up for you, if you don't even do it for yourself. If there should come a time when LGBTQ rights will be dismantled, this community is the only one to blame. The question is: will this community fight then or will they party on and play the victim because it's so en vogue?

End of rant. 

Which can only mean one thing: She has to sing "American Life" :bow:

3 hours ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

50 years of Stonewall. It would have been the perfect moment to remember the fight of the past, to enjoy the achievements and to reflect on the challenges of the present. And maybe to remember that Pride used to be a politcal demonstration. Today the overwhelming majority of gays merely see it as another chance to get drunk, to get drugged up, to fuck around like there is no tomorrow. Of couse only, if you are a young, good looking or at least well hung guy. But of course, the gay community is such an inclusive one, where everyone finds his/her place. What a fucking lie, what fucking hypocrisy, what fucking superficiality. This community needs a wake up call. The whole situation of "let's have a party", reminds me of this scene in "A normal heart" where people were still arguing that they will not stop fucking around because they have somehow earned that right when they are confronted with the fact that this "gay cancer" is most likely transferred by having sex. Ignorance is a bliss they say. NO, it's not. And the fact that 50 years of Stonewall seems to be just another chance to have mindless fun is frustrating. Just as frustrating as the reaction Madonna received during her GLAAD speech when she mentioned 50 years of Stonewall and its importance and there was a deathening silence in the room full of supposedly educated people or activists. Confused about it, she abruptly changed the topic and started talking about herself "hhm kay, her comes the me part".

End of rant. 

I agree with you.

if you’re saying that Madonna is making the right choices musically here to make the message stick, well, I’m not as optimistic as you. 

These song choices suck plain and simple. There’s a reason this thread is a big pile of crazy. We want what you want. But we want it to stick. 

No one will talk about the power of Madonna’s message with this setlist. Once again, SHE will become the topic of conversation. It won’t be about what she contributed to the cause, it’ll be about what a letdown she wound up being and I am not sure how I’d be able to refute it. 

This perf HAS NOT HAPPENED YET. But this thread is a good barometer for how low our expectations have gotten as a fanbase.

3 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

50 years of Stonewall. It would have been the perfect moment to remember the fight of the past, to enjoy the achievements and to reflect on the challenges of the present. And maybe to remember that Pride used to be a politcal demonstration. Today the overwhelming majority of gays merely see it as another chance to get drunk, to get drugged up, to fuck around like there is no tomorrow. Of couse only, if you are a young, good looking or at least well hung guy. But of course, the gay community is such an inclusive one, where everyone finds his/her place. What a fucking lie, what fucking hypocrisy, what fucking superficiality. This community needs a wake up call. The whole situation of "let's have a party", reminds me of this scene in "A normal heart" where people were still arguing that they will not stop fucking around because they have somehow earned that right when they are confronted with the fact that this "gay cancer" is most likely transferred by having sex. Ignorance is a bliss they say. NO, it's not. And the fact that 50 years of Stonewall seems to be just another chance to have mindless fun is frustrating. Just as frustrating as the reaction Madonna received during her GLAAD speech when she mentioned 50 years of Stonewall and its importance and there was a deafening silence in the room full of supposedly educated people or activists. Confused about it, she abruptly changed the topic and started talking about herself "hhm kay, her comes the me part".

End of rant. 

Preach! 

And Madonna's release of the I Rise beautiful video together with Time shows that PRIDE for her is the way to remember Stonewall. To remember Marsha, Sylvia Rivera, all those people who have fought and died all these years.

I'm doing a very long article on LGTB rights in Aragon (the part where I live in Spain) these past 40 years, since the end of the dictatorship and today I had a meeting with a 68 year-old woman who fell in love with another woman in the early 80s and asked for a divorce and the judge took away the children from her. She told me: "the judge considered that I was not capable of rising my children. But I didn't do a step back. I rised my voice in the court and told them that I was not ashamed of loving and that if any law considered LOVE a  problem, then the law was the issue to change". I was out of words while I was writing down those lines. 

Those people out there fought, sometimes died. Madonna will sing I Rise to them and to all. I wish I was there in New York to sing along to her and feel that energy. I sincerely hope that at least a bunch of people there in Pride watching Madonna understand that our rights are still too fresh and that they can take them away from us again. 

10 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

End of rant. 

Thanks. A bit of sanity in this thread is pretty welcome 

16 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

Today the overwhelming majority of gays merely see it as another chance to get drunk, to get drugged up, to fuck around like there is no tomorrow. Of couse only, if you are a young, good looking or at least well hung guy. End of rant. 

praying you get laid

Like some of the stuff in here is breathtaking. Madonna using her most mediocre tracks as a battering ram to send a message of what exactly? It's called being self-indulgent. This is a 50th anniversary Pride festival not a goddamn funeral. You can uplift and you can demonstrate your activist stripes. Do you really need to be going into the moldiest corners of your catalogue? What point is she trying to make? 

Whatever, queue the usual suspects with their insults. 

Justice for American Life! Let's make it a Top 10 hit after Pride.

But seriously, actually I Rise and American Life are good choices for pride. It's a political event (or that started at least as one) so it makes sense to go for political songs.

What does people want? A Vogue, D&D, Music and Hung Up combo? American Life is severely underrated and underperformed. So it will be nice to see it again with big promo.

Also, don't get the hate for Future. Yes, there are a LOT of better songs in Madame X. But it's not the end of the world if she performs it again (might be one of the few that I think that the Eurovision performance was actually OK)

I’m actually fucking STOKED to see American Life get performed again... especially in this political climate. Re-invent it and bring it back. Haters can piss off honestly. Stop complaining. 

Honestly, Express Yourself is an example of a song with a strong message that will resonate but isn't depressing.   Even Human Nature seems like a better choice.  

In the end, I just don't want Madonna to get the same brutal reaction she did from Eurovision.    She can sing One More Chance for all I care if I knew the audience will love it. 

Just now, Dindi said:

Honestly, Express Yourself is an example of a song with a strong message that will resonate but isn't depressing.   Even Human Nature seems like a better choice.  

:rotfl:They're bending themselves into pretzels trying to justify it. It's really pathetic. 

25 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

End of rant. 

Thank you so much for this! This is how things are and finally someone has the courage to say it. ❤️

20 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Preach! 

And Madonna's release of the I Rise beautiful video together with Time shows that PRIDE for her is the way to remember Stonewall. To remember Marsha, Sylvia Rivera, all those people who have fought and died all these years.

I'm doing a very long article on LGTB rights in Aragon (the part where I live in Spain) these past 40 years, since the end of the dictatorship and today I had a meeting with a 68 year-old woman who fell in love with another woman in the early 80s and asked for a divorce and the judge took away the children from her. She told me: "the judge considered that I was not capable of rising my children. But I didn't do a step back. I rised my voice in the court and told them that I was not ashamed of loving and that if any law considered LOVE a  problem, then the law was the issue to change". I was out of words while I was writing down those lines. 

Those people out there fought, sometimes died. Madonna will sing I Rise to them and to all. I wish I was there in New York to sing along to her and feel that energy. I sincerely hope that at least a bunch of people there in Pride watching Madonna understand that our rights are still too fresh and that they can take them away from us again. 

Thank you for sharing this story with all of us! It’s very moving and I can only try to imagine what it must have been like for that woman. 

I too wish I was in New York on Pride Island to applaude her for singing I Rise and for once again walking the less beaten path and for deciding to go beyond the surface and aiming straight to the very heart of the matter.

4 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

I've had time to mull this over and I have mixed feelings.

On paper, the choices are very WTF but truly, we have no idea how she's going to present these songs.

Part me finds it admirable that Madame X is so many things......one thing she doesn't seem to want to be though is a "pop star".....I kind of dig that. Perhaps though, she should choose outlets more suitable for that mentality. Attack me all you want but as time has gone one, I absolutely LOVE the Eurovision performance. Even more now that the album is out. Although, that outlet MAY not have been the best for that type of performance. If we'd seen that very same performance on one of her tours, would many here have hated it as much as they did?? Wasn't too far off from Met and everyone was drooling over that! 🤷‍♂️

For 10 yrs a lot of fans have wanted her to completely eschew the pop star thing....and just do her....fuck being commercial and all that....release Gang Bang and FF instead of GGW and TUTR kind of thing......well, looks like we got that now but we ain't all as ready for it as we thought I guess!! 😬

Early on, it became obvious this era was going to be something quite different than what we've gotten the past decade. As each single trickled out, and Eurovision went on, it became more and more obvious. Once the album dropped, it was perfectly clear. This era was not going to be about following the rules, or hits, or anything remotely related. For me, I've just come to accept that. As long as the artist is willing to take the hits that come with making unpopular choices, then I'm ok with it.

On the flip side, I'm kind of surprised gigs like Eurovision and Pride were booked this era, all things considered. And from the events end, I'm kind of surprised (though I shouldn't be) that they didn't look closely at what Madonna is doing this time around and see if it is a proper fit for them this time around. If they really just assumed they were going to get disco dolly Madonna right now like it's Confessions 06, I mean, they kind of only got themselves to blame.

46 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

End of rant.

BOOM.  :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Anyway, at this point it seems the set list is a done deal.   The other question is do performers at Pride typically sing live?  I'm just wondering if she'll be singing over prerecorded vocals like she does sometimes.   

In my dreams,  it would be fab if she brings back Donna Delory. 😄 

Ya know, the wealthy (mostly white) gays that will be attending this could use a good sermon in the middle of their celebrating. Many are shallow, racist transphobes who do nothing to uplift the other members of our community who aren't so privileged. These are rich elite gays. They could use a reminder that their ripped abs and perfect tans and amazing clothes are meaningless distractions from the pain going on in the world. American Life is a great song to perform for that segment of the crowd for sure. American Life+Future is certainly a statement we need today and she's brave to do it. Definitely not playing it safe by any means.

1 minute ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

Awwww!

Fuck it!

awww!

Fuck it!

I DRIVE MA MINI COOPA AND I'M FEELING SUPA DUPA *running outta breath* 

You're such an ass, dude. And that rap is iconic. 

3 minutes ago, MichaelDieker said:

Ya know, the wealthy (mostly white) gays that will be attending this could use a good sermon in the middle of their celebrating. Many are shallow, racist transphobes who do nothing to uplift the other members of our community who aren't so privileged. These are rich elite gays. They could use a reminder that their ripped abs and perfect tans and amazing clothes are meaningless distractions from the pain going on in the world. American Life is a great song to perform for that segment of the crowd for sure. American Life+Future is certainly a statement we need today and she's brave to do it. Definitely not playing it safe by any means.

You're such an ass, dude. And that rap is iconic. 

Thank you!

1 minute ago, Barbie said:

So I'm COMPLETELY behind on this. What is the setlist going to be? And is she really performing Future? Of all songs?

tenor.gif

I rise

Future

American Life

Vogue

But not necessarily in that order.

1 minute ago, jonski43 said:

I rise

Future

American Life

Vogue

But not necessarily in that order.

I'm glad SO many of you love Future but it's a total dud to me. I got enough of Quavo on Champagne Rose and I didn't necessarily need more of him. But it is what it is.