Madonna @ NYC pride - CONFIRMED !

Just now, Ai Papi Si. said:

Yes, thank you for saying it more concisely than me. 

You're right, I probably should chill. But Mensch isn't known for getting it wrong, so I feel comfortable venting at the moment. Maybe I want Madonna's team to see it. 

Fingers crossed. ❌

I'm wondering if Madonna has low grade depression.

I remember Jennifer Saunders talking about how she found out she had it. She said she was just grumpy at everything but not enough to be obviously aware of her condition.

This belligerent attitude and obstinacy combined with her saying she was lonely just seen to indicate a level of melancholy.

That set list needs some joy!

If she did the Rauhofer mix of AL, that would give the set some life otherwise 😬

40 minutes ago, stevo208 said:

So much for Madame X bringing light to dark places. Bringing a shadow of doom to joyous occasions is more the case 

LMAO. If the setlist is true, then MX is the ultimate troll. 

1 hour ago, smirnoff_ice said:

Only the other day, i was telling a friend that AL is my least fav single of hers ever. 🤣

You're not alone. I abhor that single. Maybe she thinks Pride is the place and occasion for the song's redemption. 

1 minute ago, Andra said:

You know it's BAD when M's own fans are now hoping her performance won't be broadcast or streamed for anyone to see.

More than anything it pisses me off to have to speak about her in terms like this. It feels wrong, but it feels WRONG FOR A REASON.

2 minutes ago, Andra said:

You know it's BAD when M's own fans are now hoping her performance won't be broadcast or streamed for anyone to see.

Meanwhile others still would be thrilled to be there and thrilled that DHES THERE.

I think she has a different comprehension of what Pride is about. I feel as if Preachdonna is totally absorbed by her freedom fighter persona. I wouldn't be surprised if she's booed by the yassss queens.

If you want them to see put it on your stories on Instagram and tag them. If everyone does it they will see. They won't react but they will see 

I think that many people here love her so much and love the album so much that they feel the need to broadcast it properly, but as opinions are going too far I also think that some breathing and window opening would be good too.

1 minute ago, smirnoff_ice said:

Hopefully it is not televised or streamed anywhere to affect the album sales. ESC did more harm than good for sure.

Sure, Eurovision in Europe has done a lot of damage to Madonna's image, especially in the non-fan world.

I've been listening to friends and family for weeks talking about how bad it was .. To top it off I've had to listen to little more than this is over .. and praising Beyoncé, Gaga .. naive ..

I can not defend what he did in Eurovision, although I think the reaction has been , 

the knives are always sharp if it's Madonna, 

I can not be happier of the numbers 1 of Madame X ', of the good reviews she has received .. 

1 minute ago, karbatal said:

I think that many people here love her so much and love the album so much that they feel the need to broadcast it properly, but as opinions are going too far I also think that some breathing and window opening would be good too.

Perhaps. As you can see I am pretty self-aware in this thread. I know life will go on. But for now I am getting some things off my chest lol

10 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

More than anything it pisses me off to have to speak about her in terms like this. It feels wrong, but it feels WRONG FOR A REASON.

I feel GUILTY for talking about her like this, especially knowing that after this show we probably won't see her perform again until the tour, after which the era is over.

I'm just playing I don't search I find. It has to peformed at pride then go into vogue. Imagine all the drunk high queens. I'm not agreeing with drugs but they would go OFF for this song 

4 minutes ago, Danmacevents said:

I'm just playing I don't search I find. It has to peformed at pride then go into vogue. Imagine all the drunk high queens. I'm not agreeing with drugs but they would go OFF for this song 

Hugs not drugz dear. 

I don't search I find goes into Vogue. Then Hello bitches are you ready ????????? and BAM God Control goes into Into the groove. Then a speach about gay rights and the fight and she sings I rise. and GAME OVER

1 minute ago, Monkey said:

I don't search I find goes into Vogue. Then Hello bitches are you ready ????????? and BAM God Control goes into Into the groove. Then a speach about gay rights and the fight and she sings I rise. and GAME OVER

Amen to that 

But with a couple of verses of RESCUE ME too please

Maybe Madonna doesn’t feel her place at Pride is to cater to the desires of people who will run to the porta potties to do drugs because she isn’t flaunting glitter and glee while singing Rescue Me. Maybe she doesn’t feel it's her “duty” to entertain in that manner, and instead is focused on waking her audience up because the type of gay male who sees Pride as a drug and fuck fest should probably be reminded that there are still millions of gay men around the world who don’t have the privilege of paying hundreds of dollars to feel they are part of a microcosmic elite, or deciding that because they can’t count the hairs on their chest anymore and their metabolism is faltering they will redefine as bears. Instead these people are stuck under oppressive regimes where they can be legally discriminated against, beat up and murdered without consequence, and they need international solidarity. Maybe she wants to be partly political and partly celebratory because that actually makes sense. Maybe some people will have the common decency to listen to and appreciate her playing an acoustic Future on her guitar before flipping the vibe to Vogue. 

Maybe people who have been in the know a few times aren’t always in the know, or they receive false or misconstrued information. Or maybe her 2019 American Life revamp will be all disco balls and ketamine, and she’ll perform it in a diamond-studded g-string with her tits painted in rainbow colors with Ariana Grande and a Donna Summer hologram on backing vocals. 

1 minute ago, Danmacevents said:

Right? But now it's like can we even trust that she'll even bother referencing I Don't Search find if she performs Vogue, if she even performs Vogue at all? :rotfl:I mean, one of her ideas of a classic for this set is already semi-confirmed to be American Life. So what's the other classic? Give It 2 Me? Revolver?

I'm TALKING...

I'm TALKING... 

I believe in the POWER OF LOVE... 

(In the POWER OF...)

(In the POWER OF...)

FINALLY enough LOVE

Finally ENOUGH LOVE

(RESCUE MEEEEEEEEEE........) 

etc. etc.

10 minutes ago, Monsieur X said:

I'm TALKING...

I'm TALKING... 

I believe in the POWER OF LOVE... 

(In the POWER OF...)

(In the POWER OF...)

FINALLY enough LOVE

Finally ENOUGH LOVE

(RESCUE MEEEEEEEEEE........) 

etc. etc.

Dead

1 minute ago, Herfaceremains said:

Maybe Madonna doesn’t feel her place at Pride is to cater to the desires of people who will run to the porta potties to do drugs because she isn’t flaunting glitter and glee while singing Rescue Me. Maybe she doesn’t feel it's her “duty” to entertain in that manner, and instead is focused on waking her audience up because the type of gay male who sees Pride as a drug and fuck fest should probably be reminded that there are still millions of gay men around the world who don’t have the privilege of paying hundreds of dollars to feel they are part of a microcosmic elite, or deciding that because they can’t count the hairs on their chest anymore and their metabolism is faltering they will redefine as bears. Instead these people are stuck under oppressive regimes where they can be legally discriminated against, beat up and murdered without consequence, and they need international solidarity. Maybe she wants to be partly political and partly celebratory because that actually makes sense. Maybe some people will have the common decency to listen to and appreciate her playing an acoustic Future on her guitar before flipping the vibe to Vogue. 

Maybe people who have been in the know a few times aren’t always in the know, or they receive false or misconstrued information. Or maybe her 2019 American Life revamp will be all disco balls and ketamine, and she’ll perform it in a diamond-studded g-string with her tits painted in rainbow colors with Ariana Grande and a Donna Summer hologram on backing vocals. 

This is such a reach.

Madonna used to be good at this. She has so many weapons in her arsenal to give people the message you just tried to convey. INSTEAD, , when it came time to pick her weapons, she chooses a banana (Future), an old rotting fish (American Life), potpourri (I Rise) and some other as-yet undisclosed weapon (if its Vogue, I'd say Vogue is like a samurai sword). That's what her weaponry is consisting of these days when it comes to high profile live performances. That's BONKERS. 

Have we forgotten Live To Tell? How about oh, I dunno... Express Yourself? How about Deeper and Deeper? How about some of the new stuff that's really empowering and sexy, like Medellin? Or something controversial yet hauntingly catchy like God Control which drives home a massive issue while still sounding celebratory? 

She's gotten caught up with messages just like @Jeby said, and she's abandoning imagination as a result. This is why I am terrified of the God Control video. A ridiculous, graphic, or otherwise crude statement echoing Pulse (a very sore subject for American gays - just ask me) will make Europe's recent about-turn look like a blown fuse. It could be nuclear winter for her here. I hope she is being smart about this video. This is not 2003 with the American Life video. This is 2019.

Ugh this fucking woman. She has me wrapped around her finger but she's got me worried about her. 

I would like to hear how Guy is advising her but he would probably make her do B’Day song and use it in an Instagram post to a celebrity he met when he was 17 to wish happy birthday 

but I digress 

anyway we will wait and see she might surprise us 

IN THIS LIFE 12” extended version 

And she needs to have the lovely CRAVE hair not the gel through the split ends scraped back look please 

2 minutes ago, Monkey said:

LITERALLY! I mean it is not rocket science. I am just angry. The simplest thing she can not even process and nobody in her team is telling her this. I may have to send this to Aaron as a humble suggestion of what fans are dreaming of. 

1 minute ago, Jeby said:

LITERALLY! I mean it is not rocket science. I am just angry. The simplest thing she can not even process and nobody in her team is telling her this. I may have to send this to Aaron as a humble suggestion of what fans are dreaming of. 

Just fucking do it. lol

Guest CzarnaWisnia

🤣

1 hour ago, stevo208 said:

So much for Madame X bringing light to dark places. Bringing a shadow of doom to joyous occasions is more the case 

Clearly she's on a mission to make people "wake up" from something, though life is not a dream (well, her life is surely dreamy). She should feel like celebrating instead of preaching, given the occasion. If she doesn't want to be a pop star, why perform at such events at all? She could hold press conferences to get her message across or go on CNN. Right now she has a great album with exciting songs, why not perform those? Why not try connecting emotionally to your audience and lift their spirits? Maybe she read the pitchflop review and is going haywire.