Madonna @ NYC pride - CONFIRMED !

1 minute ago, jusdoid said:

a total Fkn mess-   we NO nothing... of this performance 

It's a forum for opinion, we had the exact same meltdowns and reactions pre EUROVISION. 🤣🤣🤣 Mensch is really wrong 

2 minutes ago, jusdoid said:

thats taking things too literal- im sorry to say.   WTF!  you seen those hats since the album was teased months ago.. 

Its not just the hats. Its the eyepatch, and the whip, and the gloves. Also looks like shes picking outfits.  Obviously could be anything but ONLY two hats she posted were those two.

5 minutes ago, Titty said:

Jesus... that set list is diabolical.  After ESC Future is dead.  This alongside I Rise (yawnfest) and AL will leave yet another audience stunned in silence.  Has nobody told her that she was shit at Eurovision and that she might need to do something the audience wants. 

The answer is no. No one has told her because they know she’ll just glare at them or fire them.

15 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

American Life is a stupid song and says absolutely nothing about pride. It’s a song about Madonna being disillusioned with fame. It’s pretty reviled song for a reason. 

Wanna talk about pride? Vogue and Express Yourself fit way better. Instead she chooses that bullshit song that everyone has been trying to forget for 16 years.

a lot of you don’t understand my frustration and that’s fine. I just wanted her to do something inspiring. Instead she’s giving everyone a reason to think she’s lost her mind. Myself included. It’s really fucking annoying. Trolldonna isn’t funny or cheeky. She’s just crap. Wanna troll me? Think outside the box. Merely performing weak songs that are known more for how bad they are rather than the message they send (again, AL is about fame, HOW RELATABLE!) is just looking like you’re going a little batty.

I understand your frustration. Believe me. I was internally frustrated with her Eurovision decisions. But it's not the end of the world. She's political nowadays and this is her now. 

I don't agree with your opinion of AL at all though. The seeking of vapid fame and the lacking of real references brought dangerous people on the scene and now Trump is there. 

I think is some of you who are unable of thinking outside the box. She's not in popstar mode now. And who knows, maybe she'll never be anymore. 

20 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

American Life is a stupid song and says absolutely nothing about pride. It’s a song about Madonna being disillusioned with fame. It’s pretty reviled song for a reason. 

Wanna talk about pride? Vogue and Express Yourself fit way better. Instead she chooses that bullshit song that everyone has been trying to forget for 16 years.

This. 

The song itself is a million miles away from Pride lyrically I get the inclusion of I Rise, as boring as the song is compared to others but it does fit Pride, but AL is just all out bizarre. 

I can only assume she has picked it because of the video and furthering the political Madonna headlines with the use of the song. 

6 minutes ago, Danmacevents said:

It's a forum for opinion, we had the exact same meltdowns and reactions pre EUROVISION. 🤣🤣🤣 Mensch is really wrong 

No, we didn't. Eurovision was a land of flowers compared to this :lmao:

Frankly, irs as if Honest Voice Coach had highjacked this thread :rotfl:

1 minute ago, karbatal said:

I understand your frustration. Believe me. I was internally frustrated with her Eurovision decisions. But it's not the end of the world. She's political nowadays and this is her now. 

I don't agree with your opinion of AL at all though. The seeking of vapid fame and the lacking of real references brought dangerous people on the scene and now Trump is there. 

I think is some of you who are unable of thinking outside the box. She's not in popstar mode now. And who knows, maybe she'll never be anymore. 

If she's not a pop star she should stop doing concerts because we want to celebrate. She needs to go out there and preach to unconverted. 

15 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Its not just the hats. Its the eyepatch, and the whip, and the gloves. Also looks like shes picking outfits.  Obviously could be anything but ONLY two hats she posted were those two.

she's having a POP up store in NYC- selling those merchandise - LOL

I love future, but Eurovision was a disaster.

it did not have strength, nor was it what was expected of her. and that in front of a millionaire audience.

until the choreography, the dancers were terrible.

I thought She have learned, but it seems I was still on the same line.. what a pity!

but the setlist is confirmed??

with the wonderful record she has made.. I expected God control..i do not Search, i find...

8 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

The answer is no. No one has told her because they know she’ll just glare at them or fire them.

What makes you say that ? 

Have seen footage of Madonna in rehearsals before and she is very measured, professional and listens to people.  The producers, song writers, dancers she works with are always commenting on how supportive and professional she is. 

13 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Karbatal - my baby, you know what American gay men are like. They're like fucking Dionysus clones multiplied by the millions. They live for pleasure only. Some of us (ME) juggle both our pleasures while still trying to be a productive member of the community.  But by and large, American gay men like spoon-fed pleasures. Brunch, anus pictures, beach outings, Ariana Grande, iced coffee, and occasional drug use. American Life will be lost on them. Hell, it's lost on me - not because I don't know what she's talking about, but because I think it's an awkward, cheesetastic and tuneless song associated with dragging down a pretty decent album with it. It's one of her most unforgivable sins for me. And she's performing it at the 50th Anniversary of the Stonewall Riots at New York Pride. A massive event, a massive moment for gay men in this country. 

Think like an American gay man after reading that last sentence. All he's gonna say is "the bitch has fucking lost it"

2 minutes ago, Danmacevents said:

I mean it COULD be false. I've had my morning coffee now I've settled

God, I really fucking hope so. I want to laugh at myself in this thread if it turns out to be either A) false or B) surprisingly amazing (LMFAO jk, how could I fantasize about such thing)

This setlist is the equivalent to her showing up at the Met Gala red carpet last year in one of her ratty Adidas tracksuits instead of the JPG gown. If she’s doing A.L. hopefully it’s the Felix Da Housecat or Oakenfold remix that gave the song some life.

Just now, stevo208 said:

So much for Madame X bringing light to dark places. Bringing a shadow of doom to joyous occasions is more the case 

Madamn hex.

16 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

well, who is gonna invite her to events like this next time? she's ruining herself.

I guess she wants people to throw bottles at her and hate her. and then she'll make it about ageism

2 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

What makes you say that ? 

Have seen footage of Madonna in rehearsals before and she is very measured, professional and listens to people.  The producers, song writers, dancers she works with are always commenting on how supportive and professional she is. 

Madonna IS professional. She's concise, she's efficient, she is a leader.

But she has not been good at getting feedback in the last little while. Her instagram experience is demonstrative. The abuse she gets on instagram is astronomical. I refuse to read it, my imagination already does the job for me. Yet it is also full with people throwing in their input left and right. Mixed in with the hate are fans (casual or hardcore) who always beg her to make different choices.

She has shown her propensity for doubling down in the last few years. She follows up one jarring career decision with an even more jarring one. It doesn't reassure me much, considering the stakes - her most brilliant album since a DECADE AND A HALF AGO, and her performing and profitability clout. 

6 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

Karbatal - my baby, you know what American gay men are like. They're like fucking Dionysus clones multiplied by the millions. They live for pleasure only. Some of us (ME) juggle both our pleasures while still trying to be a productive member of the community.  But by and large, American gay men like spoon-fed pleasures. Brunch, anus pictures, beach outings, Ariana Grande, iced coffee, and occasional drug use. American Life will be lost on them. Hell, it's lost on me - not because I don't know what she's talking about, but because I think it's an awkward, cheesetastic and tuneless song associated with dragging down a pretty decent album with it. It's one of her most unforgivable sins for me. And she's performing it at the 50th Anniversary of the Stonewall Riots at New York Pride. A massive event, a massive moment for gay men in this country. 

Think like an American gay man after reading that last sentence. All he's gonna say is "the bitch has fucking lost it"

That's a kind of sad, especially for me who is from a country where being gay is still really dangerous.

2 minutes ago, Nikki said:

well, who is gonna invite her to events like this next time? she's ruining herself.

I guess she wants people to throw bottles at her and hate her. and then she'll make it about ageism

dang.. you had to go there too? 

Just now, jusdoid said:

dang.. you had to go there too? 

well, ageism/sexism/politics/not getting her art.. that's what I meant.

and ever since Eurovision it's clear that most people don't tell her the truth

3 minutes ago, side_streets said:

That's a kind of sad, especially for me who is from a country where being gay is still really dangerous.

Don't misinterpret what I said. Gay men in America are not awful people. But culturally, they have a lot to learn. We won massive victories on the backs of many intelligent activists who worked for decades for equality, but the struggle has lifted for us in the last little while since gay marriage was legalized. Right now, we want to celebrate. And if Madonna wants to lift gay men up and give them some culture in an otherwise pretty superficial and "cute" (if undeniably massive) event, American Life is a fucking stupid place for Madonna to start. 

54 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Madonna is not promoting Madame X

Madonna is part of the celebration of the 50th anniversary of Stonewall. She considers that Future and I Rise sum up the message of humankind situation. I do consider that God Control would be a better decision, but it's not the end of the world. 

Frankly just the thought that my idol is the one bringing the message instead of the glitter makes me proud. 

Now it seems clear that she chose Eurovision and Pride to deliver a message. It may be a weird decision but it's Madame X in Dark Ballet full mode.

If Madonna is part of the celebration of stonewall then she is there to entertain the gays so to speak. SO ENTERTAIN THEM. We have heard not everyone is coming to the future and that she is woke and the world is going to hell in a hand basket.  I am sure she will preach during the tour too. This is a pride event. She has disco bangers with messages. She can entertain and have a message. Both ideas are not mutually exclusive. Future is a dead song. If she is in such a bubble that she has not seen that the song did ZERO as far as reaction or traction for the album bearing in mind that it is the song that got the most exposure out of every song on MadameX, then she truly has lost the plot.

I adore her. Always will. And people can mock those of us that are frustrated and annoyed by her recent choices and call us fake fans or whatever, I do not care. I think I have rationalized her actions on here before so I am not one of those who just thinks everything she does is wrong. I let it go with the choice of singles. I took Eurovision on the chin and defended her on every platform even though I knew the performance and song choices were a mess. If this is truly her set list for Pride, then I am annoyed and I am simply expressing my frustration.

She has truly lost the plot. Obsessed with messaging and activism and the art and performance is now secondary.

Just now, Ai Papi Si. said:

Don't misinterpret what I said. Gay men in America are not awful people. But culturally, they have a lot to learn. We won massive victories on the backs of many intelligent activists who worked for decades for equality, but the struggle has lifted for us in the last little while since gay marriage was legalized. Right now, we want to celebrate. And if Madonna wants to lift gay men up and give them some culture in an otherwise pretty superficial and "cute" (if undeniably massive) event, American Life is a fucking stupid place for Madonna to start. 

I haven't misinterpreted you nor I think American gays are awful.

You say that younger generations need to be more aware of their history.

And when it comes to Madonna, I cannot understand the heat, because nothing has been confirmed officially and I highly doubt she will preform American Life, on the other hand I Rise would fit the event. So, let's just wait and see.

1 minute ago, side_streets said:

I haven't misinterpreted you nor I think American gays are awful.

You say that younger generations need to be more aware of their history.

And when it comes to Madonna, I cannot understand the heat, because nothing has been confirmed officially and I highly doubt she will preform American Life, on the other hand I Rise would fit the event. So, let's just wait and see.

Yes, thank you for saying it more concisely than me. 

You're right, I probably should chill. But Mensch isn't known for getting it wrong, so I feel comfortable venting at the moment. Maybe I want Madonna's team to see it. 

7 minutes ago, Jeby said:

If Madonna is part of the celebration of stonewall then she is there to entertain the gays so to speak. SO ENTERTAIN THEM. We have heard not everyone is coming to the future and that she is woke and the world is going to hell in a hand basket.  I am sure she will preach during the tour too. This is a pride event. She has disco bangers with messages. She can entertain and have a message. Both ideas are not mutually exclusive. Future is a dead song. If she is in such a bubble that she has not seen that the song did ZERO as far as reaction or traction for the album bearing in mind that it is the song that got the most exposure out of every song on MadameX, then she truly has lost the plot.

I adore her. Always will. And people can mock those of us that are frustrated and annoyed by her recent choices and call us fake fans or whatever, I do not care. I think I have rationalized her actions on here before so I am not one of those who just thinks everything she does is wrong. I let it go with the choice of singles. I took Eurovision on the chin and defended her on every platform even though I knew the performance and song choices were a mess. If this is truly her set list for Pride, then I am annoyed and I am simply expressing my frustration.

She has truly lost the plot. Obsessed with messaging and activism and the art and performance is now secondary.

You really nailed it here.