Madonna @ NYC pride - CONFIRMED !

Her fascination with the weakest song on the album escapes me. Who wrote Future with her? Because I am trying to understand her affinity to that song. There is a message in almost every song since she is now obsessed with messages above her actual art, so the least she can do after the debacle that was eurovision is in her next public performance be a bit more upbeat even with the messaging. 

i dont understand her anymore. As someone say her performance at the VMA was cute and the ESC was disapointing. It’s seems that the message of the song is more important that putting a great show and entertaing people. I felt in love with the greatest entertainer of eath, not with Che Guevara

6 minutes ago, Confessit said:

I hope so! Surly she will she is doing 2 classics after all.

Future

I Rise

AL

Vogue? ...I just want to make sure that we at least get that

1 minute ago, Andra said:

Future

I Rise

AL

Vogue? ...I just want to make sure that we at least get that

Is she confirmed for American fucking Life?

32 minutes ago, karbatal said:

I know. This thread gives me the creeps. People wanting her to be booed. People wishing they should have hired Taylor Swift. People threating to step from the era. 

Really, I hope Madonna's plan here is to get rid from stupid fans even if she sells a 10% of what should be normal. Many of you are OVERREACTING. 

True colours indeed. 

It's Pathetic really.

5 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

Yes

Okay. 

It is bizarre she's choosing AL. Hopefully she will be doing something interesting with it as oppose to the album version. 

31 minutes ago, M_Sinner said:

Well fans are expecting a great setlist for one of the biggest gay events this year, it's not a hate and fans don't want her to be booed cmon now... she always had great setlist for the shows/events, always

Fans have been expecting everything from her ALWAYS. But it's one thing to be disappointed and consider that other decision would be better, and another a drama that includes the wish she's booed and all that. 

We've been years here commenting those things and wishful thinking but never have I read such comments! 

12 minutes ago, Monkey said:

i dont understand her anymore. As someone say her performance at the VMA was cute and the ESC was disapointing. It’s seems that the message of the song is more important that putting a great show and entertaing people. I felt in love with the greatest entertainer of eath, not with Che Guevara

Your last quote should be on a Tshirt. I could not have put it better.

"I fell in love with the greatest entertainer on earth not with Che Guevara" LOL. Love it. Wish I could send it to Madonna. 

I love her intelligence. Her fearlessness in opining on world events that these other spineless girls wouldn't or do not even know about. Or join the bandwagon after others have spoken but there is a thin line. Why are you singing two songs that have already been released for weeks? Does she want to sell this album and sell out her tour or is her priority more her political messaging? Madonna used to do both. Now she is consumed with rebellion and messaging that it is affecting her artistic choices and her art.

Twice this year she has been given the opportunity to show the world that she is still pound for pound the greatest but if this rumour is true, just like the first time, instead she is choosing to tell the world that she has lost the plot. The brilliance of the MadameX album reassured everyone that she is still the boss. I fear for this Pride event. I hope she changes that set list. 

6 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Fans have been expecting everything from her ALWAYS. But it's one thing to be disappointed and consider that other decision would be better, and another a drama that includes the wish she's booed and all that. 

We've been years here commenting those things and wishful thinking but never have I read such comments! 

Probably they just joked about it, fans don't wish she's booed

Please Mensch tell us the 4th song xD

tenor.gif

6 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Exactly. I find this discussion very disturbing. By being political and not sucking up to anyone Madonna is honoring the very essence of Pride. It's not just about making people feel happy, it's also about fighting back. That is also our duty because not everyone has the right to march and party afterwards. It's a privilege that we've fought for and we still have to fight for it. If Madonna indeed will sing these songs, she's merely expressing this and honoring the true legacy of Stonewall.

4 minutes ago, Jeby said:

"I fell in love with the greatest entertainer on earth not with Che Guevara" LOL. Love it. Wish I could send it to Madonna. 

I love her intelligence. Her fearlessness in opining on world events that these other spineless girls wouldn't or do not even know about. Or join the bandwagon after others have spoken but there is a thin line. Why are you singing two songs that have already been released for weeks? Does she want to sell this album and sell out her tour or is her priority more her political messaging? Madonna used to do both. Now she is consumed with rebellion and messaging that it is affecting her artistic choices and her art.

Twice this year she has been given the opportunity to show the world that she is still pound for pound the greatest but if this rumour is true, just like the first time, instead she is choosing to tell the world that she has lost the plot. The brilliance of the MadameX album reassured everyone that she is still the boss. I fear for this Pride event. I hope she changes that set list. 

Madonna is not promoting Madame X

Madonna is part of the celebration of the 50th anniversary of Stonewall. She considers that Future and I Rise sum up the message of humankind situation. I do consider that God Control would be a better decision, but it's not the end of the world. 

Frankly just the thought that my idol is the one bringing the message instead of the glitter makes me proud. 

Now it seems clear that she chose Eurovision and Pride to deliver a message. It may be a weird decision but it's Madame X in Dark Ballet full mode.

1 minute ago, Klasu said:

Exactly. I find this discussion very disturbing. By being political and not sucking up to anyone Madonna is honoring the very essence of Pride. It's not just about making people feel happy, it's also about fighting back. That is also our duty because not everyone has the right to march and party afterwards. It's a privilege that we've fought for and we still have to fight for it. If Madonna indeed will sing these songs, she's merely expressing this and honoring the true legacy of Stonewall.

We said almost the same at the same time :lol:

Theres nothing about fighting or controversial about those songs... they are just boring.

God Control would have been the controversial one but she doesnt want to perform?

i guess she just doesnt have time to rehearse and will go with whats done already

19 minutes ago, Jeby said:

Thanks buddy. But in fact it makes me sad. Being all political and controversial is fucking brillant, and she is the queen for that. But she is less and less entertaining. People wont booing her, but just think she's boring, she lost the plot and move on. Exactly what most of people thought during her ESC performance.

WTF?  we are 100% sure?  with all do respect to Mensch,  who is this source - is he or she watching her rehearse these song right now? we have sometime til Pride and things can change.

American Life is a stupid song and says absolutely nothing about pride. It’s a song about Madonna being disillusioned with fame. It’s pretty reviled song for a reason. 

Wanna talk about pride? Vogue and Express Yourself fit way better. Instead she chooses that bullshit song that everyone has been trying to forget for 16 years.

a lot of you don’t understand my frustration and that’s fine. I just wanted her to do something inspiring. Instead she’s giving everyone a reason to think she’s lost her mind. Myself included. It’s really fucking annoying. Trolldonna isn’t funny or cheeky. She’s just crap. Wanna troll me? Think outside the box. Merely performing weak songs that are known more for how bad they are rather than the message they send (again, AL is about fame, HOW RELATABLE!) is just looking like you’re going a little batty.

I don’t want her to be booed 

but I want her to do what she does best deliver a stunning set of songs that sum up pride . 

6 minutes ago, jusdoid said:

WTF?  we are 100% sure?  with all do respect to Mensch,  who is this source - is he or she watching her rehearse these song right now? we have sometime til Pride and things can change.

Well her instagram stories have I Rise and Future hats. They are with gloves and an eyepatch. So based on her history of giving clues on instagram I would say its true.

9 minutes ago, jusdoid said:

More or less what I said 10 or so pages back, all these overreactions based upon zero official confirmation, and lot of assumption making. Really pathetic. Echoing @runa @karbatal @acko and very few others thoughts on this entire mess.

2 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Well her instagram stories have I Rise and Future hats. They are with gloves and an eyepatch. So based on her history of giving clues on instagram I would say its true.

thats taking things too literal- im sorry to say.   WTF!  you seen those hats since the album was teased months ago.. 

And i don’t want to hear that I’m a fake fan or that I’m wishing bad things for her. Just a few days ago I was disabusing everyone of their belief that Madonna had anxiety or some sort of medical condition just cuz she was a diva on Graham Norton. I mean come on. I even tried to calm nerves with the Eurovision dust up. 

This setlist just pisses me off. I’m American, our pride parade is a really joyous occasion and this could be a momentous historic moment for her. Instead she’s going to be rapping about coffee in front of a bunch of dazed gay men who will probably leave midway to go do some G. I’m pissed. I hate having to defend her choices all the time. Maybe take my anger as a sign of deep loyalty instead of something sinister.

Future is in my top 5 from Madame X but...

I am absolutely gobsmacked that she is performing Future, I rise and American Life for the pride. I am lost for words really.

Just like ESC, it would have been better promo if she actually didn't do this and sit at home with the kids. 

I get her thinking behind these truly abysmal choices I really do. But she is an ALLY, she supports US, it's the fiftieth year of pride, we want ONE moment to celebrate and have a dance. I figured she'd learn from Eurovision. 

I've messaged guy and asked if once, just ONCE, they could read a fucking room. 

2 minutes ago, Gaudet said:

More or less what I said 10 or so pages back, all these overreactions based upon zero official confirmation, and lot of assumption making. Really pathetic. Echoing @runa @karbatal @acko and very few others thoughts on this entire mess.

a total Fkn mess-   we NO nothing... of this performance 

Jesus... that set list is diabolical.  After ESC Future is dead.  This alongside I Rise (yawnfest) and AL will leave yet another audience stunned in silence.  Has nobody told her that she was shit at Eurovision and that she might need to do something the audience wants.