Madonna @ NYC pride - CONFIRMED !

1 hour ago, Sloane said:

:lmao: if I were there anywhere near front row she could come out and sing Tiptoe Through The Tulips and I'd love every minute.

And that is what I am looking forward to - ticket in hand 

3 hours ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

It’s not about what other ppl think of Madonna (yes we get it most of the world is finished with her)... it’s what I think. I just feel really torn between the music and the performances. Billboard was cute but just that. Eurovision was a big screwup. My hopes are already in the toilet for this before even seeing it. She’s already giving me crickets with that set list. It’s a first for me.

I am amused - she gives no fucks at all - and while I would love for her to be loved - She will burn that stage to the ground and I am here for it.

takes me back to 1993 when I was in eighth grade rolling around in the grass at a school field day singing fever and my classmates thinking I had lost my mind. And maybe I had. I too had no fucks to give and I have never felt so free as I did that day. Bring it on.

2 minutes ago, jonluvsmaddy said:

I am amused - she gives no fucks at all - and while I would love for her to be loved - She will burn that stage to the ground and I am here for it.

takes me back to 1993 when I was in eighth grade rolling around in the grass at a school field day singing fever and my classmates thinking I had lost my mind. And maybe I had. I too had no fucks to give and I have never felt so free as I did that day. Bring it on.

Its one thing to give no fucks and put on a show and do your best,

Its another thing to give no fucks by performing subpar material

I think we have the Eurovision performance of Future so implanted in our brain that we only see Future as a song that can have a dark, apocalyptic performance. Really though, the reggae vibe gives it a vibrancy so I think she could do a performance going in another direction with the song too. Before Eurovision, the song seemed very bright and summery to me actually despite the lyrics. I just can't see her duplicating Eurovision outside, in the heat in the middle of the day for a Pride performance. It all feels so heavy......anything is possible though!

AL is def a head scratcher though. Do these Pride performances typically have lavish production?? Or is it pretty minimal along the lines of her performance at the Leo benefit?

5 hours ago, Herfaceremains said:

Oh, I think everyone understands your frustration. You don’t agree with Madonna’s choices, and this is a forum devoted to Madonna, and it’s great that we all get to express ourselves in matters related to her with honesty and passion. But she has a hat with the words “Wake Up” embroidered on it too. She’s rehearsed Crave and Batuka too! 😱😂

Batuka ....hope so

Seriously though, after releasing an album like Madame X, the very last thing I am expecting any time this era is crowd pleasers. Clear from day one that's not what she's about right now...what.so.ever. Whether I like it or not, and as long as she's willing to take the hits that come from that, I have accepted it.

ps. Future is a JAM. :newspaper:

Considering what she chose to perform at Eurovision, I believe (for better or worse) she gives zero fucks about tailoring a performance for the audience. She will perform what she wants and everyone there will love it.

3 hours ago, jonluvsmaddy said:

I love this! 😘🦋💫✨

If Madonna goes to Pride with this ridiculous set list and does not sing GodControl then she really is confused. It's one thing to release he wrong teasers IMHO and finish your budget on videos for them when you had Gastoso and Batuka on the album or even Crazy, it is quite another to have a new fucking album and you are at a pride event. Know your market. Not everything must be a rebellion or a message. Just have fun with music. That is why GodControl and IdontsearchIfind was on the album and she went to Eurovision with future. That is why Springsteen is beating her in Europe because no way she went to Eurovision with a disco banger like Godcontrol and frigging Springsteen would be selling thousands more copies than Madonna in Europe? Unheard of. Who does that? Because message. We have heard the message M. Now just perform sometimes too.  

10 hours ago, Jairo said:

*Performs at Pride*

*Sings her least gayest song ever* 

10 hours ago, Monsieur X said:

LITERALLY NO ONE EVER

Madonna: You ain;t WOKE 

9 hours ago, Mat.Guy said:

And here was I thinking the whole reason for holding up to God Control was to release it on Pride :rotfl:

I actually thought they had planning this time  :dead:

I'm dead

tenor.gif?itemid=5322385

I love AL song, but I expected we're getting God Control

The other song is Human Nature? @Mensch

2 hours ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

Considering what she chose to perform at Eurovision, I believe (for better or worse) she gives zero fucks about tailoring a performance for the audience. She will perform what she wants and everyone there will love it.

It feels like that in this era. 

9 hours ago, runa said:

If half of you can go away because of this setlist, I'm all for it

I know. This thread gives me the creeps. People wanting her to be booed. People wishing they should have hired Taylor Swift. People threating to step from the era. 

Really, I hope Madonna's plan here is to get rid from stupid fans even if she sells a 10% of what should be normal. Many of you are OVERREACTING. 

True colours indeed. 

8 hours ago, Monsieur X said:

She doesn’t have a good advisor

She's not stupid though I remember when she released Confessions and she played the G-A-Y for the first time ever, it was a brilliant set where she declared to the audience she made that album for us. 

It certainly feels like she is making choices to be perceived as unpopular. 

2 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

Announcement for something new...

LastingBoldHeron-size_restricted.gif

The Anticipation...

giphy.gif

The rumors trickle in...

tenor.gif

Just another day in Madonnafandom.

(ps. this post is in good humor. Don't take it seriously. :wink:)

Yeah they should take it seriously. They should see themselves from the outside. Frankly I wish they suddenly hated her and go to another SAFE artist. Like Kylie, who did 100 minutes of safe music. Because it's clear that gays only understand Vogue and the bridge of God Control. 

If gays there boo Madonna they'll be a bunch of stupid people. You can perfectly enjoy I Rise and sing along from the top of your lungs and feel the message. But no, gays only want to belt out a house record. What a depressing thought.

1 minute ago, karbatal said:

I know. This thread gives me the creeps. People wanting her to be booed. People wishing they should have hired Taylor Swift. People threating to step from the era. 

Really, I hope Madonna's plan here is to get rid from stupid fans even if she sells a 10% of what should be normal. Many of you are OVERREACTING. 

True colours indeed. 

Well fans are expecting a great setlist for one of the biggest gay events this year, it's not a hate and fans don't want her to be booed cmon now... she always had great setlist for the shows/events, always

12 hours ago, zephyralexxx said:

Last days I was thinking about this performance without knowing what she is performing and I dreamed she did the same thing she did on Eurovision and everyone threw tomatoes and booed her but she kept singing... Then someone on stage yelled at her: Madonna, leave the stage, they are throwing with glasses and knives on stage... and I woke up instantly.  

12 hours ago, Andra said:

:rotfl::lmao:

:rotfl:At least we have the ALBUM.