Madonna @ NYC pride - CONFIRMED !

11 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

That line is the lazy excuse people use to defend her less-than-stellar choices. 

Did most people bash her when she performed a brilliantly reinvented Gypsy version of "La Isla Bonita" at Live Earth which has 10 million views now on YouTube? 

I disagree. It’s a completely different world now. She’s be criticized for gypsy appropriation now for that performance sadly. And the “lazy” recycling of Hung Up choreo and props / ROL Confessions guitar performance would be additional outrage. 

It seemed to start with the Prince tribute. I can understand not liking a performance...but since BET had a commercial directly attacking her bought/created to run immediately following her performance, I knew the tide was never going to be in her favor again. And it’s been the same outage ever since. 

I also thought the Univision performance was immaculately staged and compelling ...even if your argument is the vocals. 

No one is bashed harder, in my opinion. 

5 minutes ago, Confessit said:

PRIDE bagging M after years of trying is singnificant enough for a small but incredible set.

I couldn't imagine her doing a 2 hour set anyways that's far too long as much as we all want it.

I doubt she will play Future, I doubt she will take Quavo but I trust her with what ever she is planning.

Finally enough love (and sanity)

1 minute ago, boy skeffington said:

I disagree. It’s a completely different world now. She’s be criticized for gypsy appropriation now for that performance sadly. 

It seemed to start with the Prince tribute. I can understand not liking a performance...but since BET had a commercial directly attacking bought/created to run immediately following her performance, I knew the tide was never going to be in her favor again. And it’s been the same outage eve since. 

I also thought the Univision performance was immaculately staged and compelling ...even if your argument is the vocals. 

of course she's gonna get bashed harder than everyone else its a fucking international sport

but WHY is she giving the HATERS reasons to bash her? she's making it very easy. it's event after event after event.. ENOUGH. She needs to realise we are complaining cuz we care about her and just want the best..

Her reputation as the greatest female entertainer of all time is the one thing that no one could touch about her, if she ruins it she'll have no one but herself to blame.

1 minute ago, boy skeffington said:

I disagree. It’s a completely different world now. She’s be criticized for gypsy appropriation now for that performance sadly. 

It seemed to start with the Prince tribute. I can understand not liking a performance...but since BET had a commercial directly attacking bought/created to run immediately following her performance, I knew the tide was never going to be in her favor again. And it’s been the same outage eve since. 

Yeah well part of being an icon is being entertaining and getting a crowd whipped up and thrilled

picking 2 songs that EVEN HER HARDCORE FANS agree are among the more mediocre cuts from a very brilliant album is stupid 

it doesn’t even have to be God Control. Why not at least Medellín and Crave? 

Seriously I just can’t justify the logic sometimes 

She did an unusually average performance at the Eurovision and people are loosing their shit. 

She will slay she's not a changed performer who doesn't know how to appeal anymore for God sakes. 🤣 

This is a woman who knows exactly how to command her audience and she will do it again in a fortnight at PRIDE.

23 minutes ago, boy skeffington said:

“I am so disappointed in Madonna’s creative decisions. I should be the artistic director. Then she would be so popular.”

MADONNA doesn’t care. She’s doing her. 

In the official announcement, they even used the word BRIEF I think because it has always been four songs and she’s not cutting it short or shortchanging anyone. You know that’s the default outrage...”why not a full 2 hour concert🙄

She’ll get bashed no matter what she does so why bother pandering. The fans bash hardest with the unfulfilled expectations.

also, Future is a bop

If she does this borefest the only result is that the undecided would decide to not go to the tour... why even perform if you choose songs that would not move the crowd and go with such divisive songs when u have universally loved like gc and idsif???

1 minute ago, Nikki said:

of course she's gonna get bashed harder than everyone else its a fucking international sport

but WHY is she giving the HATERS reasons to bash her? she's making it very easy. it's event after event after event.. ENOUGH. She needs to realise we are complaining cuz we care about her and just want the best..

What’s with the shut up to me?  

She’s been giving the haters reasons since she began. I mean I lived through SEX, Truth Or Dare, Bye Bye Baby at VMAs, TAB vocals at AMAs. The outcry of casting her in Evita.

I lived and ingested that without any revisionist history and she’s always made it easy to bash her if that’s the intent.

11 minutes ago, Stephen said:

exactly it can be PHONED IN

just bop around stage with a boa and sing your hits :lmao: 

AMEN

No one 

absolutely NO ONE is here for FUture

I'm quite disappointed with Madonna's performances lately. I think she's just not focused as she used to be. I feel like she wants to get things 'easier' for her, as she prefer spending her time with the kids.

Her late performances are far away from the level she used to deliver till the MDNA tour. Things started to slow down with Rebel Heart. 

So I've no high expectations for any of the performances of this era, including the tour.

(But I would love to be proven wrongly) 

Ugh. I'd be as happy as the next gay if she did God Control, Deeper And Deeper, Medellin and Into The Groove but she isn't, so what can you do?

What gets REALLY tiring is the fact there is ALWAYS something to bitch about. There's always this fucking negativity permeating every choice she makes, from "her clothes are too black", to "her hair is so boring", "why is she taking so long to record" and now "I hate this setlist, they're gonna boo her off stage!!!".

It's not been one week since Madame X was released and everyone was praising it to high heavens, but all of a sudden everyone is questioning her reasoning and her skills as a live performer (!), just because of a less-than-stellar performance at ESC and now because of a meh setlist.

Is it so hard to see the good instead of ALWAYS focusing on the negative? We're getting a performance at Pride AND a new video in less than two weeks time, ffs.

Just now, boy skeffington said:

What’s with the shut up to me?  

She’s been giving the haters reasons since she began. I mean I lived through SEX, Truth Or Dare, Bye Bye Baby at VMAs, TAB vocals at AMAs. The outcry of casting her in Evita.

I lived and ingested that without any revisionist history and she’s always made it easy to bash her if that’s the intent.

and back then she always gave amazing performances. imagine if she sang "jimmy jimmy" at live8 instead of Holiday..

Just now, Confessit said:

She did an unusually average performance at the Eurovision and people are loosing their shit. 

She will slay she's not a changed performer who doesn't know how to appeal anymore for God sakes. 🤣 

This is a woman who knows exactly how to command her audience and she will do it again in a fortnight at PRIDE.

Part of why Eurovision sucked is because future translates horribly live. Auto tune or not. It’s just an unmelodic mid tempo song that isn’t anywhere near being the top of any fan’s list.

She’s doing it again and it’ll have the same reception in the room. Period. I defended her at Eurovision too. It was a bad situation but it seemed like just a spastic set of poor choices that she’d learn from. Well clearly she hasn’t.

Sadly, I just think I Rise and Future will be met with muted reception from the audience, many of whom -- even people who aren't too keen on her-- will be excited to see her as she's a living legend. 

I Rise is one of the only two songs on the record I'm not keen on and Future did not go down well at Eurovision (though I think it would have been a lot better if people had enjoyed Like a Prayer before it), so to have those songs represent the album and the Madame X tour is quite worrying to me.

I'm worried!! 😭

I know she has her reasons for doing what she does but she's sitting on a goldmine of AMAZING new material that would thrill the audience....and that's without even factoring in the classics!

Perhaps this will be a more upbeat version of Future with a bit brighter performance than we saw previously.....I'm not as worried about I Rise cuz it's pretty fitting and expected. I just thought the other MX track would be GC. 

6 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

Yeah well part of being an icon is being entertaining and getting a crowd whipped up and thrilled

picking 2 songs that EVEN HER HARDCORE FANS agree are among the more mediocre cuts from a very brilliant album is stupid 

Well - They aren’t the songs I would choose but also I support and enjoy that’s she’s doing it. She’s being so visible and so creative I just choose to be a fan. I’ve never been let down. 

2 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

Part of why Eurovision sucked is because future translates horribly live. Auto tune or not. It’s just an unmelodic mid tempo song that isn’t anywhere near being the top of any fan’s list.

She’s doing it again and it’ll have the same reception in the room. Period. I defended her at Eurovision too. It was a bad situation but it seemed like just a spastic set of poor choices that she’d learn from. Well clearly she hasn’t.

THIS

1 minute ago, Kurt420 said:

I'm worried!! 😭

I know she has her reasons for doing what she does but she's sitting on a goldmine of AMAZING new material that would thrill the audience....and that's without even factoring in the classics!

Perhaps this will be a more upbeat version of Future with a bit brighter performance than we saw previously.....I'm not as worried about I Rise cuz it's pretty fitting and expected. I just thought the other MX track would be GC. 

they'd EAT OUT OF HER HANDS if she'd sing GC...

1 minute ago, Kurt420 said:

I'm worried!! 😭

Surely she will play GC the video is an obvious tribute to the Pulse nightclub massacre.

Just now, boy skeffington said:

Well - They aren’t the songs I would choose but also I support and enjoy that’s she’s doing it. She’s being so visible and so creative I just choose to be a fan. I’ve never been let down. 

Well I understand that but she’s been stepping on too many rakes lately. I’m tired of it. Someone needs to give it to her straight.

3 minutes ago, ratzuo said:

What gets REALLY tiring is the fact there is ALWAYS something to bitch about. There's always this fucking negativity permeating every choice she makes, from "her clothes are too black", to "her hair is so boring", "why is she taking so long to record" and now "I hate this setlist, they're gonna boo her off stage!!!".

She herself provided the reasons for fans (= people who actually GET her, not haters) to bitch. Especially recently.

Ugh...she's gonna turn into that Debbie Downer that no one invites to parties anymore because she kills the mood.   People don't always want to hear  the about "downfall of humanity."   Sometimes all we need is some optimism and a holiday.....

6 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

Well I understand that but she’s been stepping on too many rakes lately. I’m tired of it. Someone needs to give it to her straight.

I think if someone said, “M you need to rethink what you are performing to make it more digestible, popular, less divisive..” her response would be ...”f*ck off I am not interested in your opinion of my show”

That’s literally been Madonna since 1983-I think she won’t change. I understand it makes her unpopular and it’s head scratching but that’s always been the way she is as an artist. 

You can say I blindly follow her but I just let her be. Hopefully the intense hate for her won’t be overwhelming. 

I see the pressure of it on her. Watch the Vice interview also, she lays it out. She’s not here to please. It’s quite the opposite. 

8 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

Agree. I'm sad she's already thrown Medellin into the bin after one performance and instead chooses to keep promoting Future. I'm not saying Future and I Rise are bad songs, I just think they are not good choices that will translate well live, especially at an event like this.

2 minutes ago, boy skeffington said:

🤷🏻‍♂️.

FFS, you are ridiculous here. Out of 3 songs, two of them were amazing performances of HOLIDAY and INTO THE GROOVE. We have no reasons at all to bash Live Aid. 

I think we Europeans got such a shock with Eurovision that I can't join the meltdown :lol:. I mean Eurovision was Pride multiplied by a thousand and we got raw  Casio keyboard. She clearly has another point of view as we do :chuckle: