Madonna @ NYC pride - CONFIRMED !

12 hours ago, horn said:

Why all dance titles?

What happened to the so-called-in-depth-songs often mentioned by the gays in here?

What happened to the intimate thingy?

What happened to the TOTC theme?

:1251: 

The set list should be:

Mer Girl

In This Life

X-Static Process

Little Star

Hey You

One More Chance

I know you are joking but I do notice some hypocrisy going on. Everyone was on attack mode when dance floor stompers were wanted for Eurovision. Now they are the same ones demanding dance floor stompers for Gay Pride. 🤨

15 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

I know you are joking but I do notice some hypocrisy going on. Everyone was on attack mode when dance floor stompers were wanted for Eurovision. Now they are the same ones demanding dance floor stompers for Gay Pride. 🤨

giphy.gif

19 minutes ago, alquemist said:

And on top (pun intended) this would also be the perfect opportunity for him to come out of the closet.

ricky_martin_feat_maluma-vente_pa_ca_s.j

he doesn't have to come out..  he's fine where he stands.. 

Does M really need any guests for Pride. 

This is truly an event that requires and demands the Queen only after all these years she is finally gonna be there performing and at the very special 50th anniversary of Stonewall. 

This lady has dedicated so much of her legacy, life and career to the gay community globally I'd rather just see a complete M set without a quarter of it taken up with a guest. 

Well, I prefer it if she never had a guest but that seems to be her thing nowadays. Wouldn't be surprised if there was one. For me, if it ain't a duet with Grace Jones, don't bother with a duet.

Just now, frzndrwnwrld said:

Well, I prefer it if she never had a guest but that seems to be her thing nowadays. Wouldn't be surprised if there was one. For me, if it ain't a duet with Grace Jones, don't bother with a duet.

True she does seem to do everything with a feature nowerdays but I seriously think she doesn't need it for Pride. 

Its her gig she's enough she's more than enough for her adoring gay fans. Plus these features haven't doesn't half the things she has to bring attention to the LGBT community.

Just some of my thoughts. 

Guest jamesshot

It really is shocking and saddening when I hear so many gays, and not just young but plenty of older, who say she used gays for her own success and somehow, I don't know when, tossed us aside at some point when we were no longer useful. I guess some of them feel when she picked up a guitar that somehow was "tossing us aside". LOL Who knows what they really mean. They don't even know because it is just about dissing her.

I guess when you start stanning for another diva, your first order of business is to denigrate and rip apart any other diva to elevate your new favorite. Of course, they go for strengths and for Madonna, they always say she used gays and she can't dance, for starters. I post on datalounge some and they love ripping Madonna apart but I've managed to bring into the light many Madonna fans who will start posting positive things once I get started. We've turned many threads around into complete positivity. 

She lost so many fans due to her advocacy of gays and the gay point of view. Trust me, I live in the South and I saw fans become non-fans over night due to this (and  the LAP video for kissing a black guy). Most of them still loved the music, or liked it, but hated her. Her advocacy was strong, unwavering and unapologetic. She didn't make a big deal of it. She treated it as normal like of course I love these people they are human and deserve love and compassion. To her, advocating for all was just natural to her and it came across as such. She didn't have to think about it because it was who she is. 

Being a young gayling, her natural support, treating me as a human being not something abnormal was so important. Her support came across in so many ways it had such a profound affect on me. She was a light in a dark world. I am so glad I actually loved her music,too! LOL

1 hour ago, jamesshot said:

It really is shocking and saddening when I hear so many gays, and not just young but plenty of older, who say she used gays for her own success and somehow, I don't know when, tossed us aside at some point when we were no longer useful. I guess some of them feel when she picked up a guitar that somehow was "tossing us aside". LOL Who knows what they really mean. They don't even know because it is just about dissing her.

I guess when you start stanning for another diva, your first order of business is to denigrate and rip apart any other diva to elevate your new favorite. Of course, they go for strengths and for Madonna, they always say she used gays and she can't dance, for starters. I post on datalounge some and they love ripping Madonna apart but I've managed to bring into the light many Madonna fans who will start posting positive things once I get started. We've turned many threads around into complete positivity. 

She lost so many fans due to her advocacy of gays and the gay point of view. Trust me, I live in the South and I saw fans become non-fans over night due to this (and  the LAP video for kissing a black guy). Most of them still loved the music, or liked it, but hated her. Her advocacy was strong, unwavering and unapologetic. She didn't make a big deal of it. She treated it as normal like of course I love these people they are human and deserve love and compassion. To her, advocating for all was just natural to her and it came across as such. She didn't have to think about it because it was who she is. 

Being a young gayling, her natural support, treating me as a human being not something abnormal was so important. Her support came across in so many ways it had such a profound affect on me. She was a light in a dark world. I am so glad I actually loved her music,too! LOL

Agreed.

Madonna should be sanctified, not defecated upon, including by her own fans.

2 hours ago, jamesshot said:

Beautiful words.  

I am also stunned when I read those kind of opinions.  Was at another Madonna forum years and years back ( before coming here and loving it )  and used to read so many members of that forum saying that.  That she was a user of gay fans etc and never talented.  It absolutely stunned me and depressed me.  Luckily that kind of pointless and incorrect re-writing of history is not tolerated here but it actually make me think ( at the time )  that Madonna " fans"  did not really like her at all.   

I realize now that is a minority but sadly,  they often dominate social media platforms.  Love it though that so many Madonna fans are calling them out.  Seeing that a lot now and it is fantastic. 

Madonna is not a patronising person,  she is the real deal.   

Guest jamesshot
3 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Beautiful words.  

I am also stunned when I read those kind of opinions.  Was at another Madonna forum years and years back ( before coming here and loving it )  and used to read so many members of that forum saying that.  That she was a user of gay fans etc and never talented.  It absolutely stunned me and depressed me.  Luckily that kind of pointless and incorrect re-writing of history is not tolerated here but it actually make me think ( at the time )  that Madonna " fans"  did not really like her at all.   

I realize now that is a minority but sadly,  they often dominate social media platforms.  Love it though that so many Madonna fans are calling them out.  Seeing that a lot now and it is fantastic. 

Madonna is not a patronising person,  she is the real deal.   

I want to visit Australia and we must meet up! It is on my bucket list 🙂 I think we would have a great time hanging out.

I don't know what it is about some gays but they became hyper critical of her. I don't know why. I've always known more women than gay men who loved her and they don't criticize her like gay men do. I am particularly appalled at how ageist gay men are. If any group should be wary of ageists, it is gay men. Gay men are like Hollywood women, you are over the hill after 30. The younger, and skinnier, you are the better for both groups. Gay men feel the sting of ageism profoundly yet are one of the first to use it as a weapon. 

There are things Madonna did for gay rights, gay individuals we will probably never know. She doesn't shout her charity or humanity from the rooftops like so many. 

I just know when I was young, I just sensed from her she was accepting. In every word she uttered, you could tell. She never once had any hesitation in her words when speaking about AIDS or gay men. No fear of what it could do to her career. I wish those assholes who say she used gays to become "more popular" saw her advocacy in my region. It did not make her more popular. She lost so many straight boy fans when Vogue came out. At least where I lived. We are so far removed from the courage it took for artists to support gay rights and AIDS patients. That is sad because I read homophobia is actually rising again in Gen Z for the first time in decades. In the USA of course. Will our disgusting president turn his sights on targeting gays next after he has exhausted his hate on other groups? If he does, I will sadly know the feeling of being hated, having to hide who I am, but others won't. 

8 hours ago, jamesshot said:

I can't believe people say she used the gays either. It's the total opposite. Firstly, I don't consider her a 'gay' artist. It wasn't even mentioned in the first few years of her career. She was just a huge pop star that everybody loved. However, she would make subtle references to the community through her work like in the open your heart video and her charity work but not in an exploitative way. It's only with Vogue, JML and sex that it really came to the fore but it even then it was her own personal perspective. It wasn't deliberate 'I'm doing this for the gheys' marketing. It was a normal part of her life that came through on her art. Even now she doesn't pander to the community. 

Just annoys me that other failing artists get away with blatantly targeting gay people just for business but M is the one who gets criticism even when she's not doing anything. Always the same.

Guest jamesshot
2 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

I can't believe people say she used the gays either. It's the total opposite. Firstly, I don't consider her a 'gay' artist. It wasn't even mentioned in the first few years of her career. She was just a huge pop star that everybody loved. However, she would make subtle references to the community through her work like in the open your heart video and her charity work but not in an exploitative way. It's only with Vogue, JML and sex that it really came to the fore but it even then it was her own personal perspective. It wasn't deliberate 'I'm doing this for the gheys' marketing. It was a normal part of her life that came through on her art. Even now she doesn't pander to the community. 

Just annoys me that other failing artists get away with blatantly targeting gay people just for business but M is the one who gets criticism even when she's not doing anything. Always the same.

Exactly. She isn't a "gay artist" she is just an artist who was phenomenally supportive of gays when it wasn't popular to do so. 

3 hours ago, jamesshot said:

I want to visit Australia and we must meet up! It is on my bucket list 🙂 I think we would have a great time hanging out.

:kiss2: Thanks so much @jamesshot. I am sure we would have a great time too 

The Pride announcement made me so happy, she really deserves the spotlight for all that she’s done for the LGBTQ-community. I hope she finds a good balance between entertainment and politics in the show. At least a better balance than in the Eurovision performance. She certainly has the gay anthems and an audience that will love her. I’m looking forward to some mean voguing. :vogue:

Do we know the set list? I hope she sings a mixture of old and new and all upbeat. This is a gay pride event. They wanna see Madonna the disco queen not Madonna the artist. She can save the guitar and violins for the tour.

39 minutes ago, Jeby said:

Do we know the set list? I hope she sings a mixture of old and new and all upbeat. This is a gay pride event. They wanna see Madonna the disco queen not Madonna the artist. She can save the guitar and violins for the tour.

Right. 

Can you imagine girl gone wild MDNA tour , Vogue, like so prayer, ray of light, holiday...!!! 

19 minutes ago, Mensch said:

Right. 

Can you imagine girl gone wild MDNA tour , Vogue, like so prayer, ray of light, holiday...!!! 

I want some of the songs she has not done ever or in a while. We keep getting the same old songs from the vast catalog and I am like, M, surely you know you have other songs?! I want Gambler. Sorry. Hung Up. Sky fits Heaven. Dress You up (original version) Into The Groove. Borderline. I don't mind her singing upbeat songs from MadameX. Must promote the album. But a whole host of oldies never performed before or in a while will be good.

Love them but I think we can rest Like A Prayer and Holiday for now. Even Vogue can rest but the only reason I am not saying that now is because it may be appropriate for the event. 

5 minutes ago, Jeby said:

I want some of the songs she has not done ever or in a while. We keep getting the same old songs from the vast catalog and I am like, M, surely you know you have other songs?! I want Gambler. Sorry. Hung Up. Sky fits Heaven. Dress You up (original version) Into The Groove. Borderline. I don't mind her singing upbeat songs from MadameX. Must promote the album. But a whole host of oldies never performed before or in a while will be good.

Love them but I think we can rest Like A Prayer and Holiday for now. Even Vogue can rest but the only reason I am not saying that now is because it may be appropriate for the event. 

I just doubt that’s gonna happen. She’s def gonna song the most basic classics and a few new ones...I’m feeling 

I Rise

Vogue

like a prayer

express yourself 

and maybe something else off the new record like God Control