Madonna @ NYC pride - CONFIRMED !

7 minutes ago, idro said:

She has great taste ...and she sung " fill my cup " to Quavo anyway ahgahg

That's why we love her..😋😉

4 hours ago, Herfaceremains said:

Trying to belittle or condemn anything Madonna did or said when it comes to being a gay rights pioneer and AIDS advocate is so offensive and angering. 

I think people today fail to remember what a big deal it was to be an AIDS advocate in the mid-80’s through the peak of the crisis. For fifteen years it was hell. Gay men were literally pariahs and the disease was used as justification for horrific homophobic segregation, violence and abuse.  Delta Airlines threw a gay man with kaposi’s sarcoma off a flight in 1986, and their lawyers argued that the family members of a gay man who died in a plane crash should be compensated less because he was going to die of AIDS anyway. No one would touch people with HIV. They were called AIDS victims or patients. It remains one of the most horrific chapters of inhumanity of the 20th century. Madonna was so massively impactful in normalizing safe sex as a mainstream concept, in normalizing the lifestyle, the behaviors and the culture of gay people beyond AIDS while simultaneously and very privately volunteering her time and money to care for people with the disease and fund research that was desperately needed as the US government under Reagan had done nothing to prioritize the scientific advancement of treatments and care. 

Madonna should be sanctified by all gay men for her sacrifices and her advocacy, and the fact that there are gay men who have such disdain for her or dare to dismiss her importance is simply shocking and repulsive to me. 

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏 Thank you.

5 hours ago, Herfaceremains said:

Trying to belittle or condemn anything Madonna did or said when it comes to being a gay rights pioneer and AIDS advocate is so offensive and angering. 

I think people today fail to remember what a big deal it was to be an AIDS advocate in the mid-80’s through the peak of the crisis. For fifteen years it was hell. Gay men were literally pariahs and the disease was used as justification for horrific homophobic segregation, violence and abuse.  Delta Airlines threw a gay man with kaposi’s sarcoma off a flight in 1986, and their lawyers argued that the family members of a gay man who died in a plane crash should be compensated less because he was going to die of AIDS anyway. No one would touch people with HIV. They were called AIDS victims or patients. It remains one of the most horrific chapters of inhumanity of the 20th century. Madonna was so massively impactful in normalizing safe sex as a mainstream concept, in normalizing the lifestyle, the behaviors and the culture of gay people beyond AIDS while simultaneously and very privately volunteering her time and money to care for people with the disease and fund research that was desperately needed as the US government under Reagan had done nothing to prioritize the scientific advancement of treatments and care. 

Madonna should be sanctified by all gay men for her sacrifices and her advocacy, and the fact that there are gay men who have such disdain for her or dare to dismiss her importance is simply shocking and repulsive to me. 

giphy.gif

Well said :clap: a lot of people fail to actually know because have no interest in getting themselves informed.

18 minutes ago, pjcowley said:

giphy.gif

Well said :clap: a lot of people fail to actually know because have no interest in getting themselves informed.

This is the battle I have with my friends all the time. They insult her but say "we know she's a legend but" 

Im afraid with Madonna there are no buts. She looked after us and stood up for us when little amounts of people would. And as someone who didn't love through that era I have eternal respect to ANYONE that did. 

My generation and younger need a find slap in the their face sometimes. 

1 hour ago, Jairo said:

My setlist:

Vogue
Music
Like a Prayer

+3 songs from the new album (I Rise, one of them).

No. She will do Candy Shop, Human Nature, Hey You, Future and then walk off stage. lol

Indeed @Danmacevents  Those who go "she is a legend BUT.." are not worthy of anyone's attention. That agreeing with a common notion only to dismiss it straight after with a BUT. But?? BUT??? But what?! But nothing!

Full respect to Madonna for ever.

2 minutes ago, pjcowley said:

Indeed @Danmacevents  Those who go "she is a legend BUT.." are not worthy of anyone's attention. That agreeing with a common notion only to dismiss it straight after with a BUT. But?? BUT??? But what?! But nothing!

Full respect to Madonna for ever.

I mean I take the criticism of her music. That's taste. But as an ally. No no no. She's up there with the best! 

22 minutes ago, jaydesigner said:

I know someone selling 3 VIP wristbands ($1700 each).

Hit me up and I can forward the contact email.

0-2.jpeg

0-1.jpeg

Shit! That’s my rent. 

Fantastic news ! :tigger:

Madonna is celebrated for her support for the gay community by people that either have lived through her career from the 80's to fans who know her history - as true fans should. .  She has never said she saved them, she in fact said she they saved her.  Christopher Flynn her dance teacher - through to her gay friends in New York.  Have given them credit throughout her career and life and she has beautiful wonderful and true friendships with her gay friends.  If people want to try and diminish Madonna - they are seriously making A Grade idiots out of themselves and showing their ignorant and pathetic lack of knowledge so they can whine for no reason. .   

59 minutes ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

I've noticed a trend of gays attacking gay icons as if they don't have cred or something. I don't get it. It's just unnecessary drama.

Assholes. They'll be the first one who will cry and overpost on social media when those icons died.

Not here for haters. The real tributes are made with the artists in life, when they are breathing and creating music.

Girl Gone Wild  

Vogue

Hung Up

Medellin remix/Soltera medley with Maluma shirtless and objectified 

Express Yourself

Celebration/Music

Source: MadonnaBang.Ru 

VIP wasn’t  that special for Kylie. Arrived at 10 am to get a good place in line and by the stage. Had to camp at that spot all day once the doors opened and we found our area.  VIP or non VIP could get the same area there. It was first come first hold your spot. There were two mini areas on the sides for VIP only however they were small and the non VIP area up front was better. We were VIP and  VIP drink area was in the back of the pier vs. stage in the front....

Deeper

Ray of Light

I Rise (if there has to be a MX song)

Like a Prayer

Vogue

I personally don’t think there is any need for Madame X. If she puts on a great set with hits then this would be killer publicity. 

Medellin would be an odd fit for this occasion IMO. I prefer crave over I Rise but understand why should perform the latter.

Why all dance titles?

What happened to the so-called-in-depth-songs often mentioned by the gays in here?

What happened to the intimate thingy?

What happened to the TOTC theme?

:1251: 

The set list should be:

Mer Girl

In This Life

X-Static Process

Little Star

Hey You

One More Chance

This is fantastic. What I wouldn’t give to be there in on the 50th anniversary of pride in NYC and be in front of Madonna. 

A true ‘reinvention’ from her would be to just let her fucking hair down and camp this performance up as much as she can. I’d love to see carefree, fun, energetic setlist that captures the essence of what Madonna is to dance music. 

1. Everybody
  2. Into The Groove
  3. Hung Up
  4. Deeper and Deeper
  5. Vogue

2 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

This is fantastic. What I wouldn’t give to be there in on the 50th anniversary of pride in NYC and be in front of Madonna. 

A true ‘reinvention’ from her would be to just let her fucking hair down and camp this performance up as much as she can. I’d love to see carefree, fun, energetic setlist that captures the essence of what Madonna is to dance music. 

1. Everybody
  2. Into The Groove
  3. Hung Up
  4. Deeper and Deeper
  5. Vogue

This is what I'm hoping for! All her gay anthems.
giphy.gif

44 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

1. Everybody
  2. Into The Groove
  3. Hung Up
  4. Deeper and Deeper
  5. Vogue

Add God Control and I don't search I find, and you have the perfect setlist

5 hours ago, LVX said:

This is what I'm hoping for! All her gay anthems.
giphy.gif

Elton's putting on another show?

I'd love her to do some of her inspired reworkings of Holiday, Vogue, Hung Up, Fever, Music and Beautiful Stranger and just have a massive party.

I can't imagine a load of circuit queens poppered up to the eyeballs want to sit through Mer Girl and American Life acoustic 😂

To be honest, it will all come down to the energy/dance moves. If she is on a stool or hardly moves, no song would be ok.

As for energetic and joyful performance, celebrating love, she d be clever to perform:

Vogue

I Rise

God Control (what the tranny video is)

Rescue Me

Hung Up

I'm just really hoping for the return or Into The Groove. That was such a MASSIVE hit that has been criminally neglected by her on tour. It's just so euphoric and jubilant. 

It needs a comeback. 

Agree with others that it would be amazing if Madonna performed any of these classics--- Vogue, Like A Prayer, Express Yourself, Holiday, Into The Groove, or La Isla Bonita.

Music and ROL would work very well too, but maybe not essential.

HU is a great track too. Just don't know if it was ever so popular here even though it made top ten.

Wonder if Madonna will have any other artists do a "surprise" performance with her, especially if she performs anything off of Madame X.