Madonna @ NYC pride - CONFIRMED !

Ugh. Can we just stop with the handwringing?

This announcement reminds me of when she played the Roxy and Brixton Academy when ROL came out.  She’s so comfortable in front of her gay audience.  I’m sure she’ll be fire! 🔥🔥🔥 

My setlist from heaven:

-Vogue

-Medellin (w/shirtless Maluma of course)

-Deeper and Deeper

-I Rise

-God Control (or whatever the dancy third single is)

-Music

-Holiday

She will probably do I Rise and Killers since the video with drag queens relates. Isnt Killers also her next single anyway?

2 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

If there's no Think Of Me/Physical Attraction medley planned then the performance needs to be cancelled.

If she plans on giving a speech and is planning to say "I" at any point during it, then that also needs to be cancelled.

Oh....and the new thing I guess is if she plans on performing (perhaps) her most beloved hit song, LAP, then it also needs to be cancelled? Does that cover it for the most part?

Sad. The picking at her is just so out of control. 😑 After all this time, "why's it so hard to be respected" ? 

11 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

She will probably do I Rise and Killers since the video with drag queens relates. Isnt Killers also her next single anyway?

Killers isnt the drag queen video. It would have to be God Control because its disco and mentions "waking up"

2 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Killers isnt the drag queen video. It would have to be God Control because its disco and mentions "waking up"

Ahh, I thought mensch said Killers. 

29 minutes ago, idro said:

I wanna ride that back

Lol..Madonna says "slow down papi and stand in line". 😂

@Monsieur X- didn't get tickets for this event. Spending enough on the tour as it is, and for what Pride Island is, $175 entry fee is just too out of a realistic price range. I'm sure, though, that those going will enjoy. Maybe we'll swing by the area and hear some of the #Magic. 🙂

1 minute ago, HolidayGuy said:

@Monsieur X- didn't get tickets for this event. Spending enough on the tour as it is, and for what Pride Island is, $175 entry fee is just too out of a realistic price range. I'm sure, though, that those going will enjoy. Maybe we'll swing by the area and hear some of the #Magic. 🙂

Apparently even if you're just outside of Pride Island, you can hear the music very clearly even if you can't see the performer. Which bodes well if you happen to swing by the area or better yet, if you know somebody who knows somebody... 

5 hours ago, imakicola said:

I am very excited! But PLEASE m, if you give a speech, please don’t imply that you single handedly rescued the gay community. I know what you meant last time, and appreciate the huge strides you made for us. But our struggles are still our own, and we rescue ourselves, with the help of our allies. But we aren’t just passive victims without agency. Please also don’t talk about blowing up government buildings #womensmarch, not because I don’t agree with the sentiment re: Trump, but because it overshadows your message the same way controversy overshadows your music in the media. 

The tackiest thing a person can do at an event celebrating a marginalized community is say “you all owe me” in a speech. And you know it, whether you want to clap or not. 

She hasn’t. But her GLAAD speech had a couple moments. It certainly wouldn’t offend ME if she did. But my concern is that the media likes to tear M apart for her tributes and speeches. She just doesn’t always match what she says with a good read of the political climate. Which frankly, is what you have to deal with when you are a celebrity. At least her audience of gay fans will enjoy it no matter. 

And like it or not, in today’s political climate, if you piss of the SJW’s, you’re placed into the box of the right wing. Whether it’s fair or not. 

WHAT IS THIS SHIT? This is not an issue and nobody agrees with what you posted. It only takes one person to derail a happy thread with pointless hysterical nonsense. I don’t know if you’re simply a paranoid Moan of Arc-er or a troll looking to stir an unnecessary shitstorm here, but do it again and it will be the last time you post here. 

26 minutes ago, Ven Conmigo said:

WHAT IS THIS SHIT? This is not an issue and nobody agrees with you posted. It only takes one person to derail a happy thread with pointless hysterical nonsense. I don’t know if you’re simply a paranoid Moan of Arc-er or a troll looking to stir an unnecessary shitstorm here, but do it again and it will be the last time you post here. 

Amen.

4 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

I actually want a return of the wonderful Ray of Light. 

giphy.gif

That would be enlightening awesome, man! It's been a heck of a long time, yeah Ray of Light! Making us all feel like we just got home!!

Although I think the set list might be the ones that were recently rehearsed (workshop) but I could be totally wrong...

3 hours ago, systemvalues said:

Lol..Madonna says "slow down papi and stand in line". 😂

She has great taste ...and she sung " fill my cup " to Quavo anyway ahgahg