Madonna @ NYC pride - CONFIRMED !

I am very excited! But PLEASE m, if you give a speech, please don’t imply that you single handedly rescued the gay community. I know what you meant last time, and appreciate the huge strides you made for us. But our struggles are still our own, and we rescue ourselves, with the help of our allies. But we aren’t just passive victims without agency. Please also don’t talk about blowing up government buildings #womensmarch, not because I don’t agree with the sentiment re: Trump, but because it overshadows your message the same way controversy overshadows your music in the media. 

Edited by imakicola

44 minutes ago, Andra said:

Surely M will do more than just 3,4 songs , if Kylie performed 12!

Heaven!

2 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

This show is on 30th June, the album came out on 14th 

Well I mean the announcement. And then hopefully if it's a good show coins be a Small boost for longevity? 

We can dream 

Happy it's been confirmed finally!! Thanks @Mensch!!

Hopefully some HQ clips will show up at some point online but honestly, I don't want this aired in any sort of large capacity because as we can already see here, knives are already out....instructions on what she does and doesn't need to do and this news broke what? Two hours ago. No thanks! Some certainly have a talent for sucking the joy out of everything....I'm sure that comes in handy in some capacity but certainly not for me here.

I say just let the audience in attendance enjoy it.....just as the audience in attendance at her last major live performance did. Madonna is in her favorite place, NYC with the gays.....she's going to be fire!! 🔥

2 hours ago, Kilt said:

I pray she does Candyshop

Every time!!!! Lol

no LAP tho!

1 hour ago, Nikki said:

The user GONE on madonnainfinity says she’s just performing 3 or 4 songs.. which got reactions saying she’ll probably get hated on again for playing such a short set. Isnt anyone else also playing that day? I didnt know playing pride was similar to playing a festival where you do a real big set?

Dont madonna and her advisers know anything? Surely if it’s expected a performer plays a long set, she should take notice of that. Im seriously tired of the constant negativity yet well intent.

Haters will hate her regardless how many songs she performs. Candy Shop is definitely a summer anthem this year!

42 minutes ago, HolidayGuy said:

Very true, Monsieur. In more ways then one. But in this instance, in that she will do a few songs, as reported in the press release, as well. 😉

Are you going babes? 

1 hour ago, anastaza said:

She should perform “Love Makes the World Go Round!!!” 😍🤩

If I were there, this is the song I would dance and scream the most!!!! It was one of my favs as a child!!! 

38 minutes ago, imakicola said:

I am very excited! But PLEASE m, if you give a speech, please don’t imply that you single handedly rescued the gay community. I know what you meant last time, and appreciate the huge strides you made for us. But our struggles are still our own, and we rescue ourselves, with the help of our allies. But we aren’t just passive victims without agency. Please also don’t talk about blowing up government buildings #womensmarch, not because I don’t agree with the sentiment re: Trump, but because it overshadows your message the same way controversy overshadows your music in the media. 

SJW alert!!!!

Madonna rescued me and if she said that, I would clap. If she didn't rescue you, it is YOUR problem. 

Just now, karbatal said:

SJW alert!!!!

Madonna rescued me and if she said that, I would clap. If she didn't rescue you, it is YOUR problem. 

The tackiest thing a person can do at an event celebrating a marginalized community is say “you all owe me” in a speech. And you know it, whether you want to clap or not. 

If there's no Think Of Me/Physical Attraction medley planned then the performance needs to be cancelled.

If she plans on giving a speech and is planning to say "I" at any point during it, then that also needs to be cancelled.

Oh....and the new thing I guess is if she plans on performing (perhaps) her most beloved hit song, LAP, then it also needs to be cancelled? Does that cover it for the most part?

6 minutes ago, imakicola said:

The tackiest thing a person can do at an event celebrating a marginalized community is say “you all owe me” in a speech. And you know it, whether you want to clap or not. 

When has she  said something like that? 

8 minutes ago, Nikki said:

When has she  said something like that? 

She hasn’t. But her GLAAD speech had a couple moments. It certainly wouldn’t offend ME if she did. But my concern is that the media likes to tear M apart for her tributes and speeches. She just doesn’t always match what she says with a good read of the political climate. Which frankly, is what you have to deal with when you are a celebrity. At least her audience of gay fans will enjoy it no matter. 

And like it or not, in today’s political climate, if you piss of the SJW’s, you’re placed into the box of the right wing. Whether it’s fair or not. 

Edited by imakicola

9 minutes ago, imakicola said:

She hasn’t. But her GLAAD speech had a couple moments. It certainly wouldn’t offend ME if she did. But my concern is that the media likes to tear M apart for her tributes and speeches. She just doesn’t always match what she says with a good read of the political climate. Which frankly, is what you have to deal with when you are a celebrity. At least her audience of gay fans will enjoy it no matter. 

And like it or not, in today’s political climate, if you piss of the SJW’s, you’re placed into the box of the right wing. Whether it’s fair or not. 

For the love of GOD!!

If Madonna actually sat and worried about every person or group that would be offended at parts of her speeches, she'd never open her fucking mouth. Let's get real here.

Did Madonna wake up BREATHING today?? Yes? Ok, then the SJW's are already pissed :lol:

SO sick of all of these stipulations that have to be placed on her in order to please everyone (which she will never do)......Madonna should do what she always does and what she WILL do and that's exactly what she WANTS to do at that time. 

Thank goodness I love the music, videos and performances this era so far.....other than that though, the joy has been repeatedly completely sucked out by this kind of shit. 

I know Madonna NEVER does what people expect her to do, BUT, I hope she does:

Holiday

Deeper And Deeper

Hung Up/Sorry

Express Yourself

Medellín/Faz Gostoso

Vogue!

18 minutes ago, imakicola said:

Oh get off the cross, some of us need the wood. 

Her GLAAD speech was beautiful and it didn't contain any of the rubbish you imply. 

1 hour ago, HolidayGuy said:

Official press release:

Madonna to Make Appearance at WorldPride NYC 2019 | Stonewall 50

LGBTQIA+ Icon expected to perform a few songs during the Sunday 6/30 Pride Island event

New York, NY, Monday, June 3, 2019 - NYC Pride, organizers of WorldPride NYC 2019 | Stonewall 50, announced today that Madonna will make an appearance, and is expected to perform a few songs, at Pride Island on Sunday, June 30, 2019. Madonna was the first to announce the news through a video aired during the Monday June 3, 2019 broadcast of NBC's The Today Show.

"I hear you," said Madonna in the video, while draped in one of her Madame X Rainbow Flags, "I will be on Pride Island, where I was born."  

Madonna will debut, “Dark Ballet” on June 7 from her highly anticipated 14th studio album Madame X. The album will be released globally on June 14 from Live Nation, Interscope Records and Maverick. Exclusive album pre-order bundles with limited edition merchandise are now available direct at Madonna.com.

Madonna has partnered with The Trevor Project and for the entire month of Pride, all of Madonna’s proceeds from the exclusive Madame X Pride collection of a limited-edition Pride Rainbow Vinyl, flag and digital download will be donated to the organization.

Speculation about Madonna's rumored appearance at what is expected to be the largest LGBTQIA+ Pride in world history has buzzed through social media for nearly a year, so much so that Pride Island Sunday sold out in just 8 hours when tickets went on sale in March. Tickets for the Saturday edition of the two-day music and cultural event are also now sold out.

“The community called loud and clear for an appearance by Madonna at Pride Island for WorldPride and the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall Uprising. I'm thrilled to report that Madonna and WorldPride NYC delivered on that call,” said Chris Frederick, NYC Pride's Executive Director, “This is going to be a night that our Pride Island guests will remember for the rest of their lives.”

WorldPride NYC 2019 | Stonewall 50 is the most prominent part of the global commemoration of the 50th anniversary of the 1969 Stonewall Uprising, considered the igniting event of the modern movement for LGBTQIA+ equality and liberation. NYC Pride officially won the bid to host WorldPride 2019 in 2015, though planning for this historic Pride began in 2009. More than 4.5 million people are expected to visit New York City during WorldPride, events of which started on Saturday, June 1 and runs throughout LGBTQIA+ Pride Month across the 5 boroughs of New York City.

For more information about WorldPride NYC 2019 | Stonewall 50 and its official roster of events, visit http://worldpride.org/.

When did LGBT add QIA? Are all those letters really necessary?

Happy Madonna is doing pride!!!! 

36 minutes ago, imakicola said:

Madonna, a PIONEER for the GAY COMMUNITY when she received the ADVOCATE for CHANGE award she had a couple moments in her speech?

Just now, Andra said:

Madonna, a PIONEER for the GAY COMMUNITY when received the ADVOCATE for CHANGE award had a couple moments in her speech?

Seriously. I'm aching to know the "inappropriate" parts of that speech. 

Was it the part where she said she went and laid with the AIDS victims to make them feel they're....ya know....HUMAN....since nobody else (including many of their families) wouldn't at that time??

WHERE did she veer into "bad moments" in her speech? 

3 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

Seriously. I'm aching to know the "inappropriate" parts of that speech. 

Was it the part where she said she went and laid with the AIDS victims to make them feel they're....ya know....HUMAN....since nobody else (including many of their families) wouldn't at that time??

WHERE did she veer into "bad moments" in her speech? 

Absolutely nowhere. Her speech received nothing but praise. This is the first time I'm seeing someone looking for a way to bitch about it.

I LOVED her GLAAD speech, it was touching, she was completely emotional while giving it, going back to the beginning of AIDS and remembering her friends

1 hour ago, imakicola said:

if you give a speech, please don’t imply that you single handedly rescued the gay community. I know what you meant last time, and appreciate the huge strides you made for us. But our struggles are still our own, and we rescue ourselves, with the help of our allies. But we aren’t just passive victims without agency.

What are you even on about? 

She has never said such a thing. 🙄