Madonna @ NYC pride - CONFIRMED !

1 minute ago, Nikki said:

The user GONE on madonnainfinity says she’s just performing 3 or 4 songs.. which got reactions saying she’ll probably get hated on again for playing such a short set. Isnt anyone else also playing that day? I didnt know playing pride was similar to playing a festival where you do a real big set?

Dont madonna and her advisers know anything? Surely if it’s expected a performer plays a long set, she should take notice of that. Im seriously tired of the constant negativity yet well intent.

Everyone always bought tickets without knowing that she's going so if she has a short setlist...they can't really bitch and say they paid only to see her play 4 songs. I think many others are playing as well?

Whatever she does, I hope she goes out there and just has fun. Adding: I also hope she does her new songs in totally pushing the knew album. 

3 minutes ago, HolidayGuy said:

As mentioned before, Kylie Minogue's set was not the norm when she appeared. So people really shouldn't expect M to do a lengthy set.

Kylie did 12 songs.

This should be interesting. My prediction:

Like a Prayer

Vogue

Human Nature

Crave

I Rise

1 minute ago, jjmor95 said:

This should be interesting. My prediction:

Like a Prayer

Vogue

Human Nature

Crave

I Rise

Great guess. Nice job. 

Yes, Andra- like said, not the norm. 😉 Cher did three songs, and Deborah Cox did a handful or less in 2013.  Pretty sure Whitney Houston and Janet Jackson only did  2-3 songs each when they performed in the past.

This was one of the worst-kept secrets, wasn't it? The rumors started when she was the Stonewall ambassador.

1 minute ago, HolidayGuy said:

Yes, Andra- like said, not the norm. 😉 Cher did three songs, and Deborah Cox did a handful or less in 2013.  Pretty sure Whitney Houston and Janet Jackson only did  2-3 song each when they performed in the past.

But im sure other artists played the same day.

Nikki-  in 2013, it was just Cher and Deborah Cox. Carson Daly said a few songs, so maybe it will be a handful, but likely not like Minogue's set. That would be a surprise.

28 minutes ago, elijah said:

I Rise (going down a ladder)

Wouldn't be "going UP a ladder? 😂

Official press release:

Madonna to Make Appearance at WorldPride NYC 2019 | Stonewall 50

LGBTQIA+ Icon expected to perform a few songs during the Sunday 6/30 Pride Island event

New York, NY, Monday, June 3, 2019 - NYC Pride, organizers of WorldPride NYC 2019 | Stonewall 50, announced today that Madonna will make an appearance, and is expected to perform a few songs, at Pride Island on Sunday, June 30, 2019. Madonna was the first to announce the news through a video aired during the Monday June 3, 2019 broadcast of NBC's The Today Show.

"I hear you," said Madonna in the video, while draped in one of her Madame X Rainbow Flags, "I will be on Pride Island, where I was born."  

Madonna will debut, “Dark Ballet” on June 7 from her highly anticipated 14th studio album Madame X. The album will be released globally on June 14 from Live Nation, Interscope Records and Maverick. Exclusive album pre-order bundles with limited edition merchandise are now available direct at Madonna.com.

Madonna has partnered with The Trevor Project and for the entire month of Pride, all of Madonna’s proceeds from the exclusive Madame X Pride collection of a limited-edition Pride Rainbow Vinyl, flag and digital download will be donated to the organization.

Speculation about Madonna's rumored appearance at what is expected to be the largest LGBTQIA+ Pride in world history has buzzed through social media for nearly a year, so much so that Pride Island Sunday sold out in just 8 hours when tickets went on sale in March. Tickets for the Saturday edition of the two-day music and cultural event are also now sold out.

“The community called loud and clear for an appearance by Madonna at Pride Island for WorldPride and the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall Uprising. I'm thrilled to report that Madonna and WorldPride NYC delivered on that call,” said Chris Frederick, NYC Pride's Executive Director, “This is going to be a night that our Pride Island guests will remember for the rest of their lives.”

WorldPride NYC 2019 | Stonewall 50 is the most prominent part of the global commemoration of the 50th anniversary of the 1969 Stonewall Uprising, considered the igniting event of the modern movement for LGBTQIA+ equality and liberation. NYC Pride officially won the bid to host WorldPride 2019 in 2015, though planning for this historic Pride began in 2009. More than 4.5 million people are expected to visit New York City during WorldPride, events of which started on Saturday, June 1 and runs throughout LGBTQIA+ Pride Month across the 5 boroughs of New York City.

For more information about WorldPride NYC 2019 | Stonewall 50 and its official roster of events, visit http://worldpride.org/.

7 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

The single with the video that features drag queens HAS to be performed, no? 

You mean Killers? Or was it God Control? Or was it neither? ☺

31 minutes ago, HolidayGuy said:

As mentioned before, Kylie Minogue's set was not the norm when she appeared. So people really shouldn't expect M to do a lengthy set.

Madonna is not Kylie Minogue. Thank you.