Eurovision

I personally believe she’ll do a Super Bowl where her mic is on, certain things are mimed and other things are live. 

I think she’ll do LAP and Dark Ballet live and then Future mostly lipped! 

7 minutes ago, JWAD said:

I've never know her to repeat herself at the beginning of an era for new music. Yes she will re-use the same routines for promo tours, then concerts and sometimes benefits, which is to be expected. This is all people are saying, it's not a criticism, it's just very unusual for her to reuse a performance from a year ago for a brand new era and new album. She usually has something completely brand new - you know like a virgin?

Thats just nitpicking details. Fact is she reuses performances. Technically the MET Gala was a preview for this era so its not even that odd.

Would I like something entirely different? Sure but im excited to see this on a bigger stage instead of just a small corridor. We still have the Future performance as well. 

27 minutes ago, Danmacevents said:

I mind her lip syncing at a singing competition. The press will LYNCH her. Hahaha.

25 minutes ago, Nikki said:

i hope she knows the importance of singing live at eurovision

I'm worried as well. 

3 minutes ago, Mensch said:

I personally believe she’ll do a Super Bowl where her mic is on, certain things are mimed and other things are live. 

I never knew that mic actually was on at the Super bowl. Which parts were live? Everyone has a bit of backing track at Eurovision

1 minute ago, loveperanders said:

I never knew that mic actually was on at the Super bowl. Which parts were live? Everyone has a bit of backing track at Eurovision

Have they? I think it's 100% live in Eurovision..

2 minutes ago, loveperanders said:

Nope. The competing entries are sung fully live, including backing vocals, though the backing vocalists are not required to be on screen.

Contestants and Artists shall perform the songs live on stage, accompanied by a recorded backing-track only (without live instruments). The Backing track shall contain no vocals of any kind or any vocal imitations aiming at replacing or assisting the live/original voice of the Contestant(s)

Source: Rules of the Eurovision Song Contest

8 minutes ago, Mensch said:

Which parts of the Superbowl were live? To me it was pretty obvious it was 300% lipsynched.

Just now, Msig said:

Nope. The competing entries must be sung fully live, including backing vocals, though the backing vocalists are not required to be on screen.

Thank you.

What is pre recorded is the music. So I doubt that Madonna will have a live band.

Just now, nobelson said:

Which parts of the Superbowl were live? To me it was pretty obvious it was 300% lipsynched.

I always saw Open Your Heart and Like a Prayer as live. 

2 minutes ago, Msig said:

Nope. The competing entries are sung fully live, including backing vocals, though the backing vocalists are not required to be on screen.

Contestants and Artists shall perform the songs live on stage, accompanied by a recorded backing-track only (without live instruments). The Backing track shall contain no vocals of any kind or any vocal imitations aiming at replacing or assisting the live/original voice of the Contestant(s)

Source: Rules of the Eurovision Song Contest

Well that is not for the guest. Watch Dana International yesterday ... 80% playback 😂🤣 buy that is for the best 😅

59 minutes ago, Ai Papi Si. said:

@Monsieur X *to the tune of Not Myself Tonight*

Noms announced and I’m WINNING

Usually at the Grammys just PERFING

Feelin all SUPERBOWL

I don’t care its Eurovisiooonnnnn!!!!

:lmao:

1 minute ago, Msig said:

Nope. The competing entries must be sung fully live, including backing vocals, though the backing vocalists are not required to be on screen.

Interesting, I didn't know that. I hope Madonna goes for this rule as well then. She sounded amazing at the Met imo😊

1 minute ago, Mensch said:

I always saw Open Your Heart and Like a Prayer as live. 

That wasn't live...at all 😞 Absolutely pre-recorded studio vocals. Some people even seem to think Katy Perry's Superbowl was live when it was 100% playback. She recorded the vocals for the entire performance and then lipped. 

2 minutes ago, loveperanders said:

Interesting, I didn't know that. I hope Madonna goes for this rule as well then. She sounded amazing at the Met imo😊

The rule applies only to competing performers. It's not uncommon for opening and interval acts at Eurovision to be lipsynched, though most sing live.

Aqua's interval act in 2001, for instance, was fully lipsynched.

Just now, Msig said:

The rule applies only to competing performers. It's not uncommon for opening and interval acts at Eurovision to be lipsynched, though most sing live.

Yes I remember when Helena Paparizou performed the year after she won and she was CLEARLY lipnsyching 

12 minutes ago, Msig said:

She won't be allowed to say or do anything that could be interpreted as promotion of any particular political agenda. 

As for the BDS movement, it aims to promote several types of boycott against the Israeli state until Israel 1) ends its occupation of all territories recognized as Palestinian under international law, 2) recognizes the fundamental rights ethnically Palestinians with Israeli citizenship, and 3) respects the right of Palestinian refugees to return to their original homes.

Thank you. Ok, so by contract she isn't allowed to, but that doesn't mean she won't push the boundaries of that or outright break the rule if she wants to.

I think I am too ignorant to understand the situation in all of it's history but both sides want a two state solution right? But the borders are always contested and then there are new settlements and on and on? 😞 As far as the right of return, I know a lot of the original homes are gone at this point for many, right? Gosh. I feel like this is all so over my head. But the point of BDS is to get everyone to not do business with Israel until they solve the problem? But I'm always hearing about rockets being launched from Gaza as well and that Palestinian leadership and Israel leadership never agree on the terms when they try to make agreements to settle the conflict? I just wish for peace ;-( I can't imagine what its like for the Palestinians, it seems just awful.

I know of other artists who record a 'live vocal' then mime to so it's obviously not the studio vocal which are often to produced that would give the game away.

22 minutes ago, Msig said:

She won't be allowed to say or do anything that could be interpreted as promotion of any particular political agenda. 

She will do what she wants to do. 

1 minute ago, jonski43 said:

I know of other artists who record a 'live vocal' then mime to so it's obviously not the studio vocal which are often to produced that would give the game away.

Yes, 90% of Kilo's 'live' vocals are like that, an old trick that our @Kim was the first to identify about the Mango curry lady.

Just now, Monsieur X said:

She will do what she wants to do. 

Yes, she was told not to swear on the blond ambition tour live from London broadcast on radio 1 and look how that turned out! 😂

1 minute ago, Monsieur X said:

Clearly lipsynched. 

It was quite a paradox, as Helena Paparizou's is a perfectly competent live vocalist:

1 minute ago, Andyrs said:

My guess is that she will sing the same parts of ''Dark Ballet''. 

I think some verses will be live but with lots of backing tracks & back up singers.. and also she has 40 backup singers with her (clearly for LAP) but I'm sure she'll use them for something else (like bagpipe guy from RIT) to do more backing vocals etc.

24 minutes ago, Mensch said:

There are still people who thinl the superbowl was partly live? Wow!