Eurovision

If it's a no she better have some amazing European promo up her sleeve. 

I also thought she'd do Eurovision and Graham Norton soonish. But I've heard nothing about any talk shows 

Just now, Danmacevents said:

If it's a no she better have some amazing European promo up her sleeve. 

I also thought she'd do Eurovision and Graham Norton soonish. But I've heard nothing about any talk shows 

You mean better than the Vogue flash-mob today?

Hard to top 😉

Just now, domyeyebrows said:

You mean better than the Vogue flash-mob today?

Hard to top 😉

Hahaha I felt SO disappointed when that's what it was. I mean wasn't the huge screens saying Madonna enough 😂😂

1 minute ago, Danmacevents said:

Hahaha I felt SO disappointed when that's what it was. I mean wasn't the huge screens saying Madonna enough 😂😂

I quite enjoyed how it just ended and they walked off, haha. Very funny.

25 minutes ago, Cesky said:

While a new song is exciting, I feel like it would be a missed opportunity to not perform Medellin. I mean it is the current single after all, getting streamed the most, the #1 song on Radio 2, etc. 

I agree. I completely understand and support the idea of releasing different songs to build up the launching of the album, but among the released songs Medellin is the song that most people know and would perfectly fit Eurovision. Besides it has been steady on the streaming platforms and did in its first days much better than Crave (and I Rise). Medellin is an uplifting and catchy song. Performing Crave or Future (which we still don't know how it sounds) maybe not be the best approach imo. But I am hoping that the chosen song really works well on stage and also on the digital platforms.

Edited by Geiger83

7 minutes ago, Geiger83 said:

I agree. I completely understand and support the idea of releasing different songs to build up the launching of the album, but among the released songs Medellin is the song that most people know and would perfectly fit Eurovision. Besides it has been steady on the streaming platforms and did in its first days much better than Crave (and I Rise). Medellin is an uplifting and catchy song. Performing Crave or Future (which we still don't know how it sounds) maybe not be the best approach imo. But I am hoping that the chosen song really works well on stage and also on the digital platforms.

I'd say she should simply perform whichever song does the best job of advertising the album to the general public, or specifically, Europe. I think Medellin has had its chance and it's time to move on from it. The first single was always going to be the one with the most chance to perform well and, if we're honest, it just hasn't . So time to just plug the album.

2 minutes ago, Kim said:

I'd say she should simply perform whichever song does the best job of advertising the album to the general public, or specifically, Europe. I think Medellin has had its chance and it's time to move on from it. The first single was always going to be the one with the most chance to perform well and, if we're honest, it just hasn't . So time to just plug the album.

You are right. I only hope they make the right choice and I am very curious about Future 😉

Hmmm..  In the first version of the official Eurovision Song Contest 2019 Media Handbook, Madonna was mentioned several times as one of the interval acts in the final.

However, the PDF version of the Media Handbook available at eurovision.tv has been replaced with a new version in which Madonna is mentioned only as one of several international artists who have previously performed in Tel Aviv.

5 minutes ago, Geiger83 said:

You are right. I only hope they make the right choice and I am very curious about Future 😉

I agree, I'm fine with whatever 😄

Reminder: according to Israel Hayom, she is supposed to come on May 15

1 minute ago, Msig said:

Hmmm..  In the first version of the official Eurovision Song Contest 2019 Media Handbook, Madonna was mentioned several times as one of the interval acts in the final.

However, the PDF version of the Media Handbook available at eurovision.tv has been replaced with a new version in which Madonna is mentioned only as one of several international artists who have previously performed in Tel Aviv.

Interesting...🤔😭

1 minute ago, M_Sinner said:

Interesting...🤔😭

At the same time, Universal Music Germany has apparently confirmed to ARD, Germany's network of regional public service broadcasters, that Madonna will indeed perform in the final as one of the interval acts.

if it's true that M wanted to perform two new songs, it shows how little she knows of Eurovision. imagine singing GMAYL and GGW at the halftime and ignoring her catalog. her "team" of people are obviously a joke.

10 minutes ago, Nikki said:

if it's true that M wanted to perform two new songs, it shows how little she knows of Eurovision. imagine singing GMAYL and GGW at the halftime and ignoring her catalog. her "team" of people are obviously a joke.

Eurovision is perfect for new songs. The audience does not expect to hear something familiar. Every act in the world would prefer to perform songs from their new album, rather than catalog hits. I suspect that the only reason she agreed to doing Like A Prayer is because the final takes place in Israel.

1 hour ago, acko said:

Apparently her name was taken OFF the call sheet today.

Just got this pop up

https://eurovoix.com/2019/05/13/eurovision19-contract-not-yet-signed-with-madonna-for-eurovision-appearance/

The drama!

She needs to play at least one classic to get the place jumping. A positive reminder of past hits is a much bigger boost than just wheeling out two new songs.

7 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

Just got this pop up

https://eurovoix.com/2019/05/13/eurovision19-contract-not-yet-signed-with-madonna-for-eurovision-appearance/

The drama!

She needs to play at least one classic to get the place jumping. A positive reminder of past hits is a much bigger boost than just wheeling out two new songs.

I just saw the report, sounds like she's not coming, give me more drama...😂

1 minute ago, M_Sinner said:

I just saw the report, sounds like she's not coming, give me more drama...😂

I'd rather her not come than be blamed for the mess and cause every contestant and the people to be pissed (probably all just so she can show her cheap ass holograms no one cares about). this all seems so last minute

36 minutes ago, Nikki said:

That's your opinion. I think this is the moment for new material. What's the point of performing Vogue or Music? 

1 minute ago, Nikki said:

I'd rather her not come than be blamed for the mess and cause every contestant and the people to be pissed (probably all just so she can show her cheap ass holograms no one cares about). this all seems so last minute

Maybe she did rehearse in NY or London (where she is currently). I dont thing she would go to a show watched by 200 millions unprepared.

1 minute ago, dollhouse said:

Has anyone ever dared to require Madonna to sing a certain song in event?

If we believe the reports ESC made her drop Killers (or God Control - whatever the video with the trannies was) cause it was too political.

6 minutes ago, Nikki said:

If it makes you throw up in the toilet once again, I'm all for it ! 

5 minutes ago, runa said:

If it makes you throw up in the toilet once again, I'm all for it ! 

You're impossible. I've responded to you before in a dignified manner and of course you completely ignore it while still keeping up with the immature jokes whenever you see my posts. It's been almost a year and you're STILL at it. Stop being so obsessed with me. 

18 minutes ago, Nikki said:

+1

besides, she can easily create a magnificent show even with the ”Eurovision production”. The show has a really great stage, sound and production. Why all the fuss?

7 minutes ago, Messiah said:

+1

besides, she can easily create a magnificent show even with the ”Eurovision production”. The show has a really great stage, sound and production. Why all the fuss?

You mean the NOT OFFICIAL AND PROBABLY INVENTED BY SOME OUTLET WE DON'T KNOW fuss or mess? 

Really let's all get a grip! 

I can't imagine any professional organization making a deal the way that report suggests. Logistics, lighting, appearance fee, setlist etc would surely have been sorted WAY before now with a few days to go.

Eurovision’19: Madonna To Arrive In Israel On Wednesday

Following reports that a contract has yet to be signed for Madonna’s Eurovision appearance, it has been confirmed she will arrive in Israel on Wednesday.

Srugim reports that Madonna is set to land in Israel on Wednesday, before rehearsals begin for her Eurovision appearance. Earlier today Walla stated that a contract between Madonna, KAN, the EBU and Silvan Adams who is paying the fee for her appearance, had yet to be signed.

Mr Adams has released a statement to the press, confirming that Madonna will still be traveling to Israel. The singer is bringing a 135 person strong team to the Eurovision Song Contest, as well as 30 tonnes of equipment for her performance.

Among the items being brought to Israel are 25 professional dancers to accompany the performance of the singer, 40 backing singers , a director, choreographer and animators. For her performance Madonna is reported to have brought additional equipment that needs to be installed on stage.

Srugim states that the singer is bringing 70 steps and a special elevator that will be built and integrated in the Eurovision stage. As well as  projection equipment, lighting, sound and holograms. An additional compound at the Expo Tel Aviv is being constructed to house the equipment and rehearsal space required for the singer.

It is currently not know when the contract between Madonna and organisers of the competition will be signed.

Link