Eurovision

3 minutes ago, robster said:

This is the Israeli Eurovision winner "Hallelujah", not Leonard Cohen's version! She's not singing Hallelujah!!!

Good!

So it's Like a Prayer/Dark Ballet/Future and the MET Gala visuals

1 minute ago, robster said:

This is the Israeli Eurovision winner "Hallelujah", not Leonard Cohen's version! She's not singing Hallelujah!!!

Oh, thanks @robster ! I was about to have a mini meltdown thinking she's doing a set identical to met gala, with Future added in. I still don't get why she's doing Dark Ballet when that song won't be out for a few weeks ...it better slay, that's all imma say.

Just now, Andra said:

Oh, thanks @robster ! I was about to have a mini meltdown thinking she's doing a set identical to met gala, with Future added in. I still don't get why she's doing Dark Ballet when that song won't be out for a few weeks ...it better slay, that's all imma say.

I've heard that out of all the pre-release songs "Dark Ballet" is the most interesting out of the bunch, sonically speaking! Future is also said to be nice!

I am very intrigued by the dark ballet / future transition, I believe there will also be a change of dress. even dark ballet is an unknown quantity, we don't know yet if the Met version is the definitive one

Just now, robster said:

I've heard that out of all the pre-release songs "Dark Ballet" is the most interesting out of the bunch, sonically speaking! Future is also said to be nice!

Ok then sounds good! :wow::wow:

would be good if she changes the LAP to a more upbeat version for the ESC - MET gala version is quite dark (which i still love)

24 minutes ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Screen-Shot-2019-05-15-at-10-59-46-pm.pn

This list also includes "Im Ninalu", which was used in the song Isaac from the Confessions album. Not sure if it's related to Madonna's performance or to a different performance.  

Given how little time she’s had to rehearse and being the perfectionist that she is, I’m relieved she’s going to do a rehash of the metgala, which she must’ve rehearsed to death. Plus Future, of course. 

The metgala got almost unanimous praise, but for the GP it was a non-event, wasn’t it? So imagine that, on a larger stage, watched by 200m people!!!

2 minutes ago, luizotaviobarros said:

Given how little time she’s had to rehearse and being the perfectionist that she is, I’m relieved she’s going to do a rehash of the metgala, which she must’ve rehearsed to death. Plus Future, of course. 

The metgala got almost unanimous praise, but for the GP it was a non-event, wasn’t it? So imagine that, on a larger stage, watched by 200m people!!!

Exactly!

I can see everyone wetting their pants when they hear the bells and a hooded figure starts singing "Life is a mistery"...

The goosebumps! :wow:

5 minutes ago, whyme? said:

This list also includes "Im Ninalu", which was used in the song Isaac from the Confessions album. Not sure if it's related to Madonna's performance or to a different performance.  

It's rumoured that one of the other interval acts in the final will feature a snippet of "Im nin'alu" 🤓

1 minute ago, Msig said:

It's rumoured that one of the other interval acts in the final will feature a snippet of "Im nin'alu" 🤓

Netta or Dana?! 🤔

I'm down with everything, I just want to see her on that stage, break some ratings mama

5 minutes ago, M_Sinner said:

Netta or Dana?! 🤔

I'm down with everything, I just want to see her on that stage, break some ratings mama

It will be used for the opening of the final. It will most likely be the very first piece of music we hear when the show starts.

Ofra Gaza, who popularised the song, represented Israel in the Eurovision Song Contest 1983, finishing 2nd.

22 minutes ago, luizotaviobarros said:

We don't know whether she's been rehearsing for months or not, and the metgala was a full year ago. 

Just now, karbatal said:

In the album credits Madonna is co writer of those songs. How come the BBC has different credits? 

This was confusing me. And why were the credits on the first semi when they weren't performed. My only guess is that maybe the instrumental was used and we didn't know. But we'd all know LAP. 😂. Unless they are keeping it very "secret" haha 

1 minute ago, karbatal said:

In the album credits Madonna is co writer of those songs. How come the BBC has different credits? 

Maybe Madonna requested not to be listed as to maintain some level of 'surprise'?

48 minutes ago, Mat.Guy said:

Madame X is a Saint! She already said that.

Crusaders or Knight Templer, they all thought they were saints ...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_Templar

And Jeanne d'Arc is so often use in France as a catholic symbolism against the muslim community by Marinne Le Pen ... 🤐

Nobody seems to have a problem with that.

Just now, Danmacevents said:

This was confusing me. And why were the credits on the first semi when they weren't performed. My only guess is that maybe the instrumental was used and we didn't know. But we'd all know LAP. 😂. Unless they are keeping it very "secret" haha 

And it's a major fuck up to include those credits

Just now, Ladyplus said:

And Jeanne d'Arc is so often use in France as a catholic symbolism against the muslim community by Marinne Le Pen ... 🤐

Nope not today not in here. EUROVISION FUN EUROVISION FUN!

I don't think I've been so excited. After BBMA it's nice she's showing the GP what a performer she really is. Recently she's always kept that for the tours. 

BRING IT ON. 

2 minutes ago, Ladyplus said:

Trust the extremists to reinvent history :lol:

6 minutes ago, Ladyplus said:

Jeanne is used in a lot of ways (movies, plays, ...) and even "Joan of arc". it wasn't a problem there so why is it now?

let's not try to attach something positive onto something negative just because we're bored. we're not popjustice.

2 minutes ago, Nikki said:

Jeanne is used in a lot of ways (movies, plays, ...) and even "Joan of arc". it wasn't a problem there so why is it now?

let's not try to attach something positive onto something negative just because we're bored. we're not popjustice.

INDEED! Well said.