Eurovision

3 minutes ago, Eltacubo said:

All understandable.

But, it is not news that Madonna supports the state of Israel as well as Palestine. Music and the arts support the place, the culture and the people. Not the Israeli government. The government in place will try and use it to their advantage, but people can and will see through that. We re not talking about a dictatorship that just came power 2 months ago via bloodshed.

By this logic she would have also skipped the BB awards because of Trump. And so many other awards under past US presidents that made wrong decisions when it came to wars.

If anything she will Im sure speak of unity and non- violence through her performance as she always has and will. This will be food for the thought for ALL sides. Not just one.

Exactly, I don't understand this idea that artists should not perform in certain areas due to the politics, she brings a message of peace and love and has to opportunity to broadcast it to a huge global audience, it can only make the world a better place doing so. 

2 hours ago, karbatal said:

And I disagree about Eurovision being political. It's a music contest where music is the main reason of existence and where any friction between countries is frowned upon or even ends in penalities (Ukraine caser). 

In Madonna's case,  she works for years to make people together through music and that's what Eurovision is about.. it's a bit painful having to explain this in a Madonna forum. I thought at least fans understood it. 

I get what your saying. And this is exactly why it's perfect that she's going to Israel in that no matter our differences, music makes the people come together and peace is always possible no matter where that is. In the end, we are all just people trying to find our way no matter what country we are from. 

4 minutes ago, MichaelDieker said:

Exactly, I don't understand this idea that artists should not perform in certain areas due to the politics, she brings a message of peace and love and has to opportunity to broadcast it to a huge global audience, it can only make the world a better place doing so. 

I think so too 💫✨🙏🦋🦋🌷👸🏼👸🏼👸🏼

Madonna will do her first rehearsal early Friday morning (no media appearance) then at the dress rehearsal (media appearance)  then Friday night ... (jury show)

source: greek journalist (I trust him)

Edited by Sideris

13 minutes ago, Sideris said:

Madonna will do her first rehearsal early Friday morning (no media appearance) then at the dress rehearsal (media appearance)  then Friday night ... (jury show)

source: greek journalist (I trust him)

"Friday night ...jury show" ??? what does it mean?

I doubt that Madonna will put the press on his rehearsal

Edited by Anton

4 hours ago, Disintegration said:

I wonder how much rehearsal time she’s had for this. She had 3 weeks on the Billboard awards performance for example, and this is the biggest since the Super Bowl and she doesn’t have too much time, if we imagine that she’s been working a lot on the Crave video recently. I’m sure she’ll kill it and it’s all been worked out but she’s not got long to go! 

I've been thinking about this, and it might be that she had been rehearsing for Eurovision at the same time as she was rehearsing for BBMAs. Knowing how hard working she is, and what a perfectionist she is, she wouldn't go and do Eurovision without giving her all in terms of preparation. 

6 hours ago, M_Sinner said:

BTW Quavo landed in London today!😃

Could this mean that Future might not be the song performed after all? 

I would actually love for Medellin or Crave to get a push at Eurovision! They are simply amazing songs, and deserve more exposure.

2 minutes ago, Anton said:

"Friday night ...jury show" ??? what does it mean?

I doubt that Madonna will put the press on his rehearsal

Let’s start from this ... the results are 50% from televoting and 50% from juries 

The day before the final and semi finals all the countries do something like dress rehearsal but in this rehearsal the juries vote... it’s like the official show but a day before... 

1 hour ago, Danmacevents said:

Today alone you have called me passive aggressive, told me to get lost, called two people (including myself) absurd and are now just laughing. I usually ignore the bitchiness in this forum but you wanna act like a limited worded clown I shall join your circus. 

Passive aggressive? Where? 

1 minute ago, headonfire said:

Could this mean that Future might not be the song performed after all? 

I would actually love for Medellin or Crave to get a push at Eurovision! They are simply amazing songs, and deserve more exposure.

Its the exact opposite. It means he is probably rehearsing with Madonna in London. 

I’d assume she already had prep rehearsals during the BMA’s rehearsals that incorporated whatever she was gonna do for Eurovision. After BMA’s she just continued on with those rehearsals and now is finalizing it. 

Quavo is heading to Tel Aviv soon too. 

1 minute ago, dcbyebyebaby said:

Its the exact opposite. It means he is probably rehearsing with Madonna in London. 

Exactly. M is still in London, probably at her home. They will rehearse until they head to final rehearsals in Tel Aviv. Her hair/makeup are vacationing today in Tel Aviv and probably have today and tomorrow off. It all kicks into high gear on Thursday-Friday 

1 hour ago, Kim said:

So incredibly naive.

Eurovision is allowing itself to be used by a billionaire who has admitted that it's his mission to change public perception of his human rights abusing country by using his money to do it. Had they said "no thanks" then you might have a point.

That I have to even explain the ins and outs of the dangers of allowing the arts to be hijacked by political propaganda, in this case, the apparatus of a semi-apartheid state using a tacky gay song contest, is baffling but not entirely unexpected.

In Madonna's case, she is going there to promote her record and collect her ridiculous paycheck, unless I missed the announcement that she's doing it for free or donating it all or better yet told them NO.

My values and integrity don't change just because my favourite pop star decides to do something.

Let's make a list of countries where she can't perform, promote or collect cheques then. We would be surprised. I don't consider Israel worse than countries that start fake wars or support them. 

Sorry but that attitude against Israel while not bothering about others is what I consider naive! 

1 hour ago, MichaelDieker said:

Indeed! 

Music makes the people come together

7 minutes ago, Mensch said:

I’d assume she already had prep rehearsals during the BMA’s rehearsals that incorporated whatever she was gonna do for Eurovision. After BMA’s she just continued on with those rehearsals and now is finalizing it. 

I agree! I believe she tried in the days between April 1st and 24th, and honestly I don't think her performance at the bbmas took a long time, I mean the difficulty was understanding the position of the holograms and repeating the steps

Have read lots of conflicting info earlier today, find it all a bit confusing, between M not ruling it out but I have not seen a real confirmation yet, or I might have missed it, and media outlets saying that she is definitely going to be performing and other saying that it is all not true, she is not going - I am in a fog of info! Has she definitely confirmed that she is going to perform on Saturday?

3 minutes ago, pjcowley said:

Have read lots of conflicting info earlier today, find it all a bit confusing, between M not ruling it out but I have not seen a real confirmation yet, or I might have missed it, and media outlets saying that she is definitely going to be performing and other saying that it is all not true, she is not going - I am in a fog of info! Has she definitely confirmed that she is going to perform on Saturday?

Yes!

Italian ANSA (one of the main news agencies in Italy) issued a statement this morning, where it was written that M has indeed signed the contract and that she will perform on Saturday. The news came in at 10 am.

1 hour ago, Mensch said:

Do you know? Is she only doing two songs? She does have 15 minutes I gather from this tread. I hope if she does Like a Prayer,  as the classic she needs to perform, it gets reworked to sound fresh somehow (not repeating the Super Bowl performance). Hope she does a couple of new songs (not just one), this is the biggest opportunity to promote the new material she will ever have. 

If she has 12-15 min my bet is Like a Prayer, Dark Ballet and Future. She's transporting stairs and an elevator so I assume she will make an improved version of the MET Gala. 

If it's only 2 songs than we already know it's Like a Prayer and Future.

4 minutes ago, CalinB said:

Do you know? Is she only doing two songs? She does have 15 minutes I gather from this tread. I hope if she does Like a Prayer,  as the classic she needs to perform, it gets reworked to sound fresh somehow (not repeating the Super Bowl performance). Hope she does a couple of new songs (not just one), this is the biggest opportunity to promote the new material she will evener have. 

I'm hoping for a showstopper make over like the one from Sticky and Sweet. But we will probably get something closer to the RHT Kevin Autotune version.

4 minutes ago, Je5u5 said:

I'm hoping for a showstopper make over like the one from Sticky and Sweet. But we will probably get something closer to the RHT Kevin Autotune version.

sticky is not good. Kevin needs to be fired. blond ambition LAP or something like the met gala would be nice