"Crave" thread. Official video out TODAY!

2 hours ago, HolidayGuy said:

So there will be shots without the eye patch. *whew* . 🙂

Maybe we'll learn how Madame X lost her eye 😁

Edited by Ray Finkle

3 hours ago, Barbie said:

I wonder if by “tomorrow” she means tomorrow at lunch or midnight tonight :IMG_1564:

They've been releasing videos on Wednesdays lately, for M...

Just now, mtzlplk said:

They've been releasing videos on Wednesdays lately, for M...

Yeh it's very odd there is simply no good reason not to drop on a Friday and enjoy a full week of sales/streams.

^They don't care all that much? Only logical explanation. Then again, look at "Medellin" and its Wednesday release- 5K in a day and a half and then less than that for the full seven days after. Same thing with the video- it had 3 million total U.S. streams for the period that included a day and a half of video streams, and then, apparently, less than that for the full following week.

2 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Yeh it's very odd there is simply no good reason not to drop on a Friday and enjoy a full week of sales/streams.

MADONNA's team doesn't care about charts anymore, basing from what we've been seeing since MDNA... except for GMAYL, they did a radio deal for that, obviously for chart chances...

Please request Crave on the most popular station in USA - SiriusXM Hits 1 (you need to send a tweet to both):  https://twitter.com/SiriusXMHits1 and https://twitter.com/FireballShow

Here is a Tweet Example: Please 🙏 play and add Crave by @Madonna and  @goSwaeLee to #WutchuWant . So I can Vote for it as my Top Songs Now!! 

You can also comment on the post I made on the site...

https://twitter.com/PavelCBuzlea/status/1130923969152835584

It was played on Sunday and Saturday, but we missed our opportunity to comment... 😞 Do it now.

4 minutes ago, mtzlplk said:

MADONNA's team doesn't care about charts anymore, basing from what we've been seeing since MDNA...

Then why have the 2 songs/videos that have been chosen to launch the album have features on them....feature artists that happen to have huge digital/streaming profiles.

Its nonsense her team or M don't care about the charts anymore.....I'm sure Madame X have superior songs to Medellin &a Crave but they were picked for a reason.

Its just strange and frustrating the strategy has been really good this time round at getting the msssge out there she's back minus Eurovision (whatever you perspective it wasn't great commercially) then why not simply enjoy a full week of bloody sales/streams.

Crazy little thing isn't it....

17 minutes ago, Confessit said:

Its nonsense her team or M don't care about the charts anymore.....I'm sure Madame X have superior songs to Medellin &a Crave but they were picked for a reason.

Because Medellin and Crave happen to be sounding single-worthy out of the four so far... and judging by the Dark Ballet preview at Eurovision, that's another definite album track... The reason why I made the conclusion they don't care about charts anymore is they have utter disregard for Billboard's chart cutoffs , no radio deals even for the first single (we know she'll get played if there's a radio deal), even the pre-order stuff for her album, which they did for RH too (most MADONNA fans would immediately pre-order the album not realizing that purchase will not count for the songs to chart, they haven't learned from that from RH. while it is understandable they want to promote the album, then why not schedule the pre-order option for the album after the rollout of chosen singles, say a week or two before release date? Fans will pre-order it regardless, at least the fans' purchase of the songs got counted for the charts)... those are just some of my observations why i say they don't care about charts anymore...

6 minutes ago, mtzlplk said:

Because Medellin and Crave happen to be sounding single-worthy out of the four so far... and judging by the Dark Ballet preview at Eurovision, that's another definite album track... The reason why I made the conclusion they don't care about charts anymore is they have utter disregard for Billboard's chart cutoffs , no radio deals even for the first single (we know she'll get played if there's a radio deal), even the pre-order stuff for her album, which they did for RH too (most MADONNA fans would immediately pre-order the album not realizing that purchase will not count for the songs to chart, they haven't learned from that from RH)... those are just some of my observations why i say they don't care about charts anymore...

You make great points here. When Madonna was asked about the charts though in an interview at the GLAD awards she did answer it still mattered to her. Of course it does she has always been A-list and putting the age argument and the record company change argument to one side, this stratedgy is already far stronger than her recent campaigns as there's been alot of her about that was my biggest issue with RH, who knew except the fans...

..I disagree about Medellin & Crave. I think they have been picked first due to the fetaures rather than being the best and most single worthy cuts from the album. I think there's some proof of this in the fact she has had a music video ready since February but not released it yet and that song is just Madonna no features....obviously focusing on the features first is to drive (hopefully) more of the general public to these songs/videos after all Swae Lee is one of the biggest streaming artists around.

I was hoping for some sort of radio deal to push Crave but it looks like it's not happening so we shall see I am hopeful it's a crazy infectious song. But there's simply zero excuse for dropping a video/song on a Wednesday and not a Friday.....I haven't read a theory that supports this yet. 

It's odd because it feels like her team are half way there with the campaign commercially but still remain 2 steps back.

4 minutes ago, Confessit said:

I think they have been picked first due to the fetaures rather than being the best and most single worthy cuts from the album. I think there's some proof of this in the fact she has had a music video ready since February but not released it yet and that song is just Madonna no features....obviously focusing on the features first is to drive (hopefully) more of the general public to these songs/videos after all Swae Lee is one of the biggest streaming artists around.

Completely agree with this. Just made a similar point in the Album Discussion thread.

So does this go live at midnight?

Edit: Just seen it's 6:30pm tomorrow. I'm so excited for this.

3 minutes ago, headonfire said:

Completely agree with this. Just made a similar point in the Album Discussion thread.

Haha I just replied to it 🤩

So much great discussion here, but may I suggest that there is probably a limited budget directed towards making radio/streaming deals for Madonna's singles. They could pour millions into singles promo and not be assured on return of investment. Most of the budget for the whole Madame X project will be directed towards the tour and merchandising because that's where she'll reap the most financial rewards. What we have before the tour is a very savvy use of resources to keep her in the public eye and generate ticket sales for her shows. Once she hits the stage, she'll generate ongoing publicity and revenue for the duration of the tour.

And right now, I can't wait for the official video of 'Crave'. I watched the leak and it's an excellent example of making a minimalist, yet compelling video on a budget.

Edited by Buzy_Robot

40 minutes ago, the-queen said:

Been waiting for this video for a while now. 🤣

Haha I know we've teased for a bit but just a reminder this was filmed literally only two weeks ago lolz

All, check out the STREAMING/SALES strategy and discussion tread.

jandresrc is offering us Spotify Premium account so we can stream all Madame X songs currently out with enfaces on Crave and Future.  He even has a playlist for us to use. So if you don’t currently have a Spotify Premium account, go to the tread, click the link, and claim an account and stream his playlist. He has also shared with us playlists for Apple Music and YouTube.

http://forums.madonnanation.com/index.php?/topic/58412-streamingsales-strategy-and-discussion/page/6/&tab=comments#comment-2786116

9 hours ago, Confessit said:

You make great points here. When Madonna was asked about the charts though in an interview at the GLAD awards she did answer it still mattered to her. Of course it does she has always been A-list and putting the age argument and the record company change argument to one side, this stratedgy is already far stronger than her recent campaigns as there's been alot of her about that was my biggest issue with RH, who knew except the fans...

It's odd because it feels like her team are half way there with the campaign commercially but still remain 2 steps back.

If they really care about charts then they should learn the right strategy... Look at Made For Now, it charted because all efforts was concentrated on the first week... video, single (no pre orders), friday, voila a chart showing... If they secured the Billboard performance, they should have released everything within that week if they care about charts