Rate: Crave

Rate: Crave  

320 members have voted

1. 1. Rate: Crave

I have to say it's very different than what I was expecting from reading the reviews! At my first listening I was thinking "this is strange" - which should be the feeling you have at listening a new Madonna song!

By the second listening my whole body was already craving for Crave! It's delicious, infectous, vulnerable and sexy!

My favorite part is her voice! There are times she sounds exactly like 80's Madonna, I just could not believe! 

Her voice in this song melts my heart and she just proved yet again why she's the Queen of my life! 

I give a 10/10

BTW Madonna just realesed her 2 best songs this decade with Medellín and Crave. That's saying a lot and I mean it!

1 minute ago, Mat.Guy said:

I have to say it's very different than what I was expecting from reading the reviews! At my first listening I was thinking "this is strange" - which should be the feeling you have at listening a new Madonna song!

By the second listening my whole body was already craving for Crave! It's delicious, infectous, vulnerable and sexy!

My favorite part is her voice! There are times she sounds exactly like 80's Madonna, I just could not believe! 

Her voice in this song melts my heart and she just proved yet again why she's the Queen of my life! 

I give a 10/10

BTW Madonna just realesed her 2 best songs this decade with Medellín and Crave. That's saying a lot and I mean it!

This! 

2 hours ago, Mat.Guy said:

Yes completely agree. Medellin and Crave will age also very well! 

Not crazy about it. I voted it "okay" because "Meh" wasn't an option. It's not getting a lot of views on youtube either. I remember Medellin took off like crazy...that hasn't happed with these last two songs.  Ah well, I'm still hopeful for the rest of the music.

I gave it a good, but It's really between good and excellent.

One thing is that I don't like Swae Lee's vocals too much on the track. Just felt he could have elevated the track more if his singing was better and maybe more unique. 

8 hours ago, Mat.Guy said:

I give a 10/10

This! 

I love the verses and her her voice in Medellín and crave is just perfect start to finish.

17 minutes ago, Nick said:

I gave it a good, but It's really between good and excellent.

One thing is that I don't like Swae Lee's vocals too much on the track. Just felt he could have elevated the track more if his singing was better and maybe more unique. 

What!?!?! 

His voice is smooth like butter and is voice makes the song. 

Keep listening lol 😉

not into the trap beat that has been used like million of times, but her voice sounds so gorgeus, it reminded me like her classics a lot, it was really well produced, and the featuring sounds great it is not like the Rebel heart collaborations that sounded out of place and rushed

On 5/10/2019 at 10:29 PM, JayMac said:

What!?!?! 

His voice is smooth like butter and is voice makes the song. 

Keep listening lol 😉

Who knows maybe I will change my mind!

It's my favorite out of three we heard but still don't like his verse at about 1:40.

As a whole it's pretty great though.Just personal taste.

I would give it a  9 out of 10.  I LOVE the production, the vocals are excellent, lyrically it is a bit clunky at times -- "my cravings get dangerous"?

I think Swae elevates the song, probably more than any other duet.  I know a lot of people like Medellin, but it feels like his parts could have been tacked on at a different time, if I didn't know they had actually worked together.  I can definitely tell on Crave they spent time in the studio together. 

I really hope the rest of the album sounds a lot like this, I don't care if there are any dance songs.  I see the comparisons to Bedtime Stories, and I am excited for it.

The singles/buzz tracks have all felt so personal and, maybe not spiritual but definitely in that vein. This isn't just some commercial pop album, it is a work of art. Loving it so far.

All the straight teenage boys in this house LOVE the track. I normally hate the shit shit they play. They all come in the house when they hear me playing it.

I think it's one of her best songs in a long time.

20 hours ago, kubi said:

The singles/buzz tracks have all felt so personal and, maybe not spiritual but definitely in that vein. This isn't just some commercial pop album, it is a work of art. Loving it so far.

I completely agree. Everything seems so personal, special, and unique even though all three are completely different. 

The bridge is everything ☺️. Lifts the song up a lot where initially I felt that it was a bit too simplistic after the relatively complex Medellín for example. Grown on me a lot and is so catchy. 

20 hours ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

And that's my problem with it.

they should twist that beat a little and it would have been more unique, i guess they wanted to link the song to anything out there

7 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

It blows my mind that people hear a trap/rap song here.

Throw a black guy with some braided hair in and...

🤷‍♂️

yes this is so dumb.

And the comments about trap music is the same we used to hear about her pop music in the 80s - it's ridiculous. :doh: