Rate: Crave

Rate: Crave  

320 members have voted

1. 1. Rate: Crave

why are you all contributing to this leak. 

Bet most of you will be bitching in a week when it doesn't chart. 

Save your energy for the songs that she plans to release and when she plans the release. 

9 minutes ago, motherandfather03 said:

why are you all contributing to this leak. 

Bet most of you will be bitching in a week when it doesn't chart. 

Save your energy for the songs that she plans to release and when she plans the release. 

What are you referring to - most of the people in this chat are streaming legally within their respective time zones 

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
2 hours ago, Nikki said:

it's so smooth, so low key, so unpretentious. their voices go well together and I love the rawness about it. I wouldn't be surprised if she sang it in just 1 take. Madonna 's voice sounds so delicate near the middle/end when she sings slowly. it's so good

This pretty much sums up my thoughts.  I can't say it's as appealing as any of her classics, but there is something about it that really intrigues me.  Her voice does sound very lovely on this.

Little less than 4 hours!!

Loving these latest batch of reviews that have come in. Yesterday, it seemed to be more polarizing, today the general consensus seems to be very positive. Has me very intrigued!!

Just now, bcx said:

How is everyone hearing this song? I thought it comes out Friday? 

maybe because it's Friday somewhere in the world, don't you think ?

2 hours ago, runa said:

what do you mean: unlike some ?

You have to know some people will down a song before it’s even heard

15/ 10

EXCELLENT

Exceeded all my expectations . A chill out summer gem .

@Aries True, sometimes I can't make a distinction between threads here and M bash threads in at**. Wink!

Hope you like "Crave."

Edited by toujours

I still have about an hour before I get to hear it...it will be downloaded automatically by iTunes 

It’s starting to grow on me. Maybe because it’s not even 6 in the morning and I hardly slept 😄 the very simple production bothered me at first. But the melody and her vocal delivery are very beautiful. 

4 hours ago, Wunderkind said:

It’s starting to grow on me. Maybe because it’s not even 6 in the morning and I hardly slept 😄 the very simple production bothered me at first. But the melody and her vocal delivery are very beautiful. 

That is how I feel as well. I don't like the drums and this snare bothers me, but I really like the melody, her voice and the lyrics. It is not my favourite but I can understand that many people relate to this song.  I hope it does well on the charts and radio. It is a catchy and sweet song

Okay, has the catchiest chorus of all three songs, Swae Lee fits very well, vulnerability, US radio friendly, not super excited it's second single, production and vibe too mainstream, it's not quite representative of the new fresh era. I would go crazy for an acousticish version!

Genuinely excellent

I think this is the first time Madonna has used a trend and completely elevated it.

Living for Love, for instance, was a great track but the generic modern house trend used didn't actually make the song any better or more interesting. Crave could be sung with just an acoustic guitar but the trap/urban influence and Swae Lee just make it POP. The sensual melancholy vibe is just perfection

I'm also loving the nostalgic direction of the lyrics in this and Medellin. It's like the continuation of Rebel Heart (song) and I'm totally here for it.

I also feel like she hasn't released a single about longing/devotion/romance (without a dark/negative undertone) in quite a while? I can't think of the last one

I think it's good. But i still like medellin and rise better who know's maybe it will grow on me and i will like it better.