"Crave" thread

1 hour ago, Mensch said:

I think her (and her team) general hope is for #1 dance for Medellin, and a #1 debut for the album...at this point we have 3 songs that will be getting played in gay bars all across the country (with two more coming future and soltera) whereas we would've just had one first single had it been any other era ...all this hate for a simple video to a gorgeous pop ballad when that's absolutely ok for a song like this is crazy after she delivered Medellin. Like what does everyone want? 

The disco stomper. 🙂

1 hour ago, elijah said:

All you do is monitoring others like a kindergarten teacher. Enjoy your life. Plus its your definition of dumb, not a fact.

Can I say say something as a Kindergarten teacher? I don't monitor, I facilitate and re-direct students to be more self regulated. 😉

Can people please be civil here and refrain from dissing other members for their opinions. It's getting annoying.

2 minutes ago, lautert said:

Can we just calm down and celebrate the fact that Madonna is still making music. 

Thank you guys :kiss2:

And great music I would add. 🙂

2 hours ago, robster said:

It feels so random and last minute. With everything she's been shooting over the last couple of months for this album. I really don't get why this was so rushed and last minute, seems like they shifted tactics in some kind of way. It feels weird! She does look glorious though, wish I liked the song more...

do we know how much she actually shot? seems like most of it was just steven klein behind scenes from album photoshoot. then medellin video and drag queen video which we havent seen yet. that dont seem too much

13 minutes ago, FreeMySoul said:

Can I say say something as a Kindergarten teacher? I don't monitor, I facilitate and re-direct students to be more self regulated. 😉

:inlove:

Two of my beloved immediate family are/were kindergarten teachers. 

Bless you in your important work with children at a critical moment in their education and lives!

9 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

(If what has been going on in the last few pages of this thread does not constitute enough evidence that Madonna indeed has the stupidest, most idiotic fans, I do not know what would). 

Yeah , it's like all the little monster bashing of past years has come back to hunt us , the universe is playing a twisted joke of reversal on us :chuckle:

There are quite a few posters here whom I really appreciate and seem to get what Madonna is and always has been about but quite a few male a strong case for loosing hope in humanity with their brain farts 

20 minutes ago, nightcutter said:

Can people please be civil here and refrain from dissing other members for their opinions. It's getting annoying.

❤️💋

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

Yeah, I still can't comprehend how people think this is a change of planning when Crave was planned since the early beginning and we knew exactly the names of the songs she was going to release. We even knew that they decided to go for Medellin instead of Crave because it presented Madame X better into the story. 

And we know they planned to film the music video for Medellin since October of 2018.. When they send the recuest with the scrip to the Sintra's council :rolleyes:

But now people are saying that everything looks Rush, Rush..  To me looks like they're following they're original plan, and they filmed the videos by schedules (maybe because the directors were busy in another project and she film those videos in non chronological order..

For example when she filmed  "God control" in L. A Diana Kunst was busy with James Blake music's video) that's why she didn't film "Medellin" first 

Them she filmed "Medellin" in Portugal with Dianna.. 

And then "Batuka" with Emanuel (because she was in Portugal already dahh) 

And then they filmed "Crave" in NY last week.. But they already know is going to be the second single long ago 

Just because you didn't like the song and because it's a low budget music video it doesn't mean that everything has changed now..  🙄

I'm all for people's opinions but, christ, the constant whining from many "supposed fans" is getting so old. 

In my opinion the music Madonna is releasing is fucking incredible. For once, the critics are giving great reviews too, yet we still have to listen to negative nancies. 

Appreciate how lucky we are that Madonna is still motivated and relevant. The Queen's reign will never be over! 😁

2 minutes ago, Marcelox said:

And we know they planned to film the music video for Medellin since October of 2018.. When they send the recuest with the scrip to the Sintra's council :rolleyes:

But now people are saying that everything looks Rush, Rush..  To me looks like they're following they're original plan, and they filmed the videos by schedules (maybe because the directors were busy in another project and she film those videos in non chronological order..

For example when she filmed  "God control" in L. A Diana Kunst was busy with James Blake music's video) that's why she didn't film "Medellin" first 

Them she filmed "Medellin" in Portugal with Dianna.. 

And then "Batuka" with Emanuel (because she was in Portugal already dahh) 

And then they filmed "Crave" in NY last week.. But they already know is going to be the second single long ago 

Just because you didn't like the song and because it's a low budget music video it doesn't mean that everything has changed now..  🙄

I didn't know that there was a video already filmed for God Control and Batuka? 

Besides, I think that nowadays Madonna films when her face looks good. Maybe she knew that she'd have good face during early promo and knew it would be a good moment for Crave. 

A last minute addition to stuff filmed before. An inspiration the queen has suddenly. It was planned but everyone are so busy it took more time than expected. there's many reasons

I mean it's not our concern the how. Let's focus on the final product and I never had a doubt about my queen's capacity to deliver. I don't see any reason why it would be different now

What I find most tiring is the chart obsession. I would love her to have another top 10 global smash hit. But I know that she won’t and  It’s not due to the quality of her music or the videos! 

Overall i feel there is a lot of complaining. i find more irritating to read people being bitter because they don't like other fans not liking the new music then that in itself. I mean Let's move on.

The music is great so far. So much better then some of her recent outputs. Everything is going just so well so far. 

Crave is a very good song as medellin. I find the i rise boring but i see other loving it. Isn't that just great?

What i find beautiful of the recent songs is that finally i see her moving again forward. I feel i'm observing a new fase in her life and her art. I could not say the same for the majority of hard candy and Mdna. Also i appreciate the sentiment of constantly saying we should appreciate that she is still making music but I would also like to remind everybody the woman isn't 80. Sure the market is difficult and everything but let's not pretend there are no other artists around making music at that age. Its great to celebrate that but not frasing it as if she has one foot in the grave. The woman has for sure more energy then i have and i'm more the 20 years younger!

Bless the queen

Edited by samosamosamo

5 minutes ago, V.K said:

Yeah , it's like all the little monster bashing of past years has come back to hunt us , the universe is playing a twisted joke of reversal on us :chuckle:

There are quite a few posters here whom I really appreciate and seem to get what Madonna is and always has been about but quite a few male a strong case for loosing hope in humanity with their brain farts 

The level of respect that Little Monsters have for their shit idol, is undeniably higher than what Madonna's fans have for Madonna. Most of us treat Madonna like she is a clueless court jester who is expected to present antics that would satisfy our limited vision, and it is all done in the holy name of "having an opinion". It's an awful fanbase. 

10 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

The level of respect that Little Monsters have for their shit idol, is undeniably higher than what Madonna's fans have for Madonna. Most of us treat Madonna like she is a clueless court jester who is expected to present antics that would satisfy our limited vision, and it is all done in the holy name of "having an opinion". It's an awful fanbase. 

Yeah, and as I said couple days ago my news feed is flooded with old Madonna videos posted by her supposed fans who moan how they hate new songs. Sometimes they even use corny jokes about Madonna being reductive similar to Little Monsters. I always tell them that they shoud give up on Madonna if they don't like her music anymore. 

I feel bad for all the fans who aren’t feeling the new songs. I don’t mean that in a snarky way. I just cherish the blissful feeling that I get from new Madonna songs and which I have gotten over the past month from Medellín, I Rise, and Crave, and I feel badly that not everyone has that in their life. I am so moved and inspired by the new songs and feel like I am in heaven.

16 minutes ago, karbatal said:

I didn't know that there was a video already filmed for God Control and Batuka? 

The video she filmed in L.A with drags it's "God control "(not killer as every one expected)   She mentioned in the VOGUE magazine interview..  Is a political song about gun control.   They even mention the lyrics "We lost gun control, this is your call..  We need to wake up " 

And she spend 4 days filming "Batuka" in Portugal with Emmanuel Adjei.. They also mentioned some lyrics in the VOGUE magazine.. "There's a storm ahead, I hear the wind blowing" 

IMG_20190511_155043.jpg

images.jpeg

D0nrx_9WsAA6Z6M.jpeg

No one really knows anything so just enjoy the Ride and be grateful she isn’t reduced to doing 6minute medleys of her hots and a Vegas permanent show 

I am loving and living for the Madame X era 🙌🏻

You people need to blast these songs in the car! Driving down the PCH with the windows down and the ocean next to you with M’s new music is an EXPERIENCE!

The fact we are getting a second video so soon, and for such a well received song, is enough to maintain my enthusiasm. Ill reserve judgment on the quality till I actually see it.

The fact that we are getting this much, this rapidly, should be cause for celebration in this community. We have NEVER seen something like this from one of her music eras.

Just now, svperstar said:

The fact we are getting a second video so soon, and for such a well received song, is enough to maintain my enthusiasm. Ill reserve judgment on the quality till I actually see it.

The fact that we are getting this much, this rapidly, should be cause for celebration in this community. We have NEVER seen something like this from one of her music eras.

Especially in recent years and the amount of dedication and passion for this project is so evident.