"Crave" thread

1 minute ago, luizotaviobarros said:

This era might be her last huge one. The rollout so far has exceeded all my expectations. 

There might be a flaw or two, a song choice we’re not crazy about, a minor thing we wish they’d gotten right(er). 

But, honestly, I wish we could cut her some slack. She’s a queen, not a goddess. 

Madonna has it in her for another post-Madame X run.  She definitely will Tour in stadiums again before she leaves the stage and people will love her like it is 1990 all over again.  

1 minute ago, luizotaviobarros said:

This era might be her last huge one. The rollout so far has exceeded all my expectations. 

There might be a flaw or two, a song choice we’re not crazy about, a minor thing we wish they’d gotten right(er). 

But, honestly, I wish we could cut her some slack. She’s a queen, not a goddess. 

Why the last huge one? Is she going indie after Madame X? And yes she is a goddess and she produced her music. 

I am tired of reading endlessly shocking, condescending conclusions that her own fans made. The absence of respect is real. 

10 minutes ago, Mcp77 said:

Singles: Medellín, Crave, Future, Dark Ballet, God Control

You know this or hope?

Is anyone there trying to come up with a theory that "Medellín" was a rushed affair too? Or pushing the envelope even further by re-writing the history that she did not even sing "Act of Contrition", that was actually Prince. I mean...at this point, anything is possible when it comes to the OPINIONS...

15 minutes ago, Mcp77 said:

Singles: Medellín, Crave, Future, Dark Ballet, God Control

Dark Ballet, really? As promo it's OK; but from what we know so far from the song, it would be like making 'Paradise' a single. 🤔

2 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

I guess it will be only 3 singles. 

Why? She already shot 3 more videos, crave, batuka and LA drag queen what ever that sing is

5 minutes ago, Flip The Switch said:

I guess it will be only 3 singles. 

More than likely. We've only had 3 singles since Hard Candy (you can't count Superstar and Hold Tight - promo singles)

10 minutes ago, Alvarø said:

Dark Ballet, really? As promo it's OK; but from what we know so far from the song, it would be like making 'Paradise' a single. 🤔

Actually, Paradise was the first song we heard from the Music album, because it was on Mirwais’ Production album, released months earlier than Music.

At the very least, it appears Dark Ballet will be a promo track like “I Rise” (if not a “proper single” like Crave) — because Dark Ballet is supposed to be out the week before the album.

37 minutes ago, Shane said:

Stevie Nicks put out one of her bet albums at 66, and Madonna is only 60.  We might have many great albums to come. 

it has nothing to do with her ability to produce good albums in the future, yes, she may still have great albums in front of her. No, it's visibility and promotional money that will not always be there. Given the state of album sales and the lack of airplay of her new songs, I find us very lucky that so much money and energy is spent in the promotion of Madame X. Some people should be aware of it and enjoy the moment.

2 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

Why? She already shot 3 more videos, crave, batuka and LA drag queen what ever that sing is

We don't 100% know those are music videos in the traditional sense people are assuming. They could be other types of things: for the tour, for a documentary. They could be music videos to be released at some point but not as singles per se. There are many options. 

1 minute ago, Flip The Switch said:

Yep. I guess the other videos filmed could be for the tour? 

They might get released as promo for the album but might not be official singles? I hope we get more than 3 or they are used as a bigger project. I hope she has a short film up her sleeve.

The LA video seemed big deal and too high budget for tour projections, it must have been for a video but maybe they shelved it because it wadþs too political

10 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

The LA video seemed big deal and too high budget for tour projections, it must have been for a video but maybe they shelved it because it wadþs too political

I'm fairly certain Madonna has shelved exactly one video ever (American Life) and it was for a very specific reason and it did technically premiere. 

Shelving a video because it's political sounds like a fan theory but why would that ever happen really? Would it be so explicit that it couldn't be edited differently? If it were too political (determined by who?) wouldn't that be clear during pre-production or filming? It just doesn't seem to hold water.

11 minutes ago, Cesky said:

I'm fairly certain Madonna has shelved exactly one video ever (American Life) and it was for a very specific reason and it did technically premiere. 

Shelving a video because it's political sounds like a fan theory but why would that ever happen really? Would it be so explicit that it couldn't be edited differently? If it were too political (determined by who?) wouldn't that be clear during pre-production or filming? It just doesn't seem to hold water.

I am only thinking because it was filmed first and 2 videos and singles shot adter. Some plans must have changed

Can we stop jumping down the throats of Madonna fans who are not trolls or constant whingers who are expressing an opinion about a song.   Reading these threads are depressing for a different reason - because anyone who makes a negative comment is quoted time and time again and it changes the mood and essence of the thread.  Then talks of how horrible ex Madonna fans are on that cesspool called social media.  Those people ( ex fans on social media ) are not even worth talking about and they are called out on social media too.  I actually think Madonna fans are coming together this era.  The majority of the opinions expressed on this forum are positive - extremely positive.  Madonnanation is loving this era !    If negative views are highlighted again and again,  it makes everything seem worse and creates a false impression of constant negatively.  We have lived through that before and honestly,  it is not really here at the moment at all.   

Anyway,  it is absolutely wonderful to have Madonna back featured so heavily and hearing new music, seeing videos and interviews.  Love every Madonna era - gives me life - she gives me life. 

2 hours ago, Alvarø said:

Sorry, but do you both mean Beautiful Game or have youse heard the actual song or something?

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
2 hours ago, Crystal Coffin said:

Is anyone there trying to come up with a theory that "Medellín" was a rushed affair too? Or pushing the envelope even further by re-writing the history that she did not even sing "Act of Contrition", that was actually Prince. I mean...at this point, anything is possible when it comes to the OPINIONS...

What?  "Medellin" seems to be the Madonna pick for first single.  Of course, we all are just sitting around speculating, but there is a lot of work put into "Medellin", so I don't dismiss it as the first single (as some do), nor do I think it was "rushed".   If anything, I think "Crave" became a favorite among her circle and they thought it may have been the song that might appeal to the general public.   However, we've known before "Medellin" was released there were several songs planning to be unveiled before the album release.  "Crave" was always mentioned among them.  I think her team got wind of "Crave" after "Medellin" was planned and  thought this was the song to push on a more global level.   Though, I expect it's possible they weren't sure which song was going to work right off, so they took a gamble with Madonna's choice "Medellin".

Guest eroticerotic

does she say put "my trust in you" or "pull my dress to you" I kinda like pull my dress to you. sounds hot 🤤

23 minutes ago, eroticerotic said:

does she say put "my trust in you" or "pull my dress to you" I kinda like pull my dress to you. sounds hot 🤤

Trust

1 hour ago, metalissimo said:

She just posted photos from Crave video on ig. 

That means the video with drag queen is not Crave video. 

i thought i read somewhere that one of the drag queens in the video said the song was named “Crazy”....